Is Mike Andaman finally dead?

Old September 10th 13, 01:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_3_]

Default Is Mike Andaman finally dead?

On Mon, 9 Sep 2013 14:43:59 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message ...

On Thu, 5 Sep 2013 21:56:51 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

Now go **** yourself and quit bothering the honorable members of this noble newsgroup.

Ah yes. How brave he is. Threatening all and sundry. But noticeably

absent from the hiking trails that he so bravely defends.....
verbally.

So tell us Eddie-boy how is it that you are not out in the wild, saw

in hand, defending the pathways, that you claim to love so much, from
rapine and pillage?

Of course, there are black flies and mosquitoes and it occasionally

rains out there in the wild. So much nicer to just sit at home, safe
and sound.

"Saint Edward the Poseur"

Ten solid years of doing nothing but hiking trails in the wilderness in the decade of my thirties ... and never once encountering any bikers. That is enough for anyone. You can have no idea of how pleasant it was when only we hikers and a few equestrians had the trails all to ourselves.

By the way, when you call someone a bigot, always remember to include calling them a racist too. That is par for the course with politically correct liberals like yourself. Unlike you, I do not manufacture names to call. I tell it like it is. Yea, you are nothing but a flatulent hippopotamus who farts nonsense and smells up this noble newsgroup.

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Ah, you have reappeared. As they say, **** floats.

But have you been out onto the countryside, defending your precious
trails from all those nasty bicycle riders? Or sitting in front of the
Telly dreaming your dreams of grandeur.

Eddie the dreamer, the Walter Mitty of the trails.
--
Cheers,

John B.
Old September 10th 13, 02:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

wrote:

Now go **** yourself and quit bothering the honorable members of this noble newsgroup.

[...]

By the way, when you call someone a bigot, always remember to include calling them a racist too. That is par for the course with politically correct liberals like yourself. Unlike you, I do not manufacture names to call. I tell it like it is. Yea, you are nothing but a flatulent hippopotamus who farts nonsense and smells up this noble newsgroup.

[...]

Eddie the dreamer, the Walter Mitty of the trails.

“Now go **** yourself and quit bothering the honorable members of this noble newsgroup.” – Ed Dolan

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Old September 10th 13, 12:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_3_]

wrote:

Now go **** yourself and quit bothering the honorable members of this noble newsgroup.

[...]

By the way, when you call someone a bigot, always remember to include calling them a racist too. That is par for the course with politically correct liberals like yourself. Unlike you, I do not manufacture names to call. I tell it like it is. Yea, you are nothing but a flatulent hippopotamus who farts nonsense and smells up this noble newsgroup.

[...]

Eddie the dreamer, the Walter Mitty of the trails.

Now go **** yourself and quit bothering the honorable members of this noble newsgroup. Ed Dolan

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

What news group? You mean your goodself, sitting alone and shouting
loud words of praise for the wonderful, wonderful, Dolen?

Or are you entertaining the heroes of the trails, that large group of
brave heroes who leap into the fray, amid fire and smoke and hand
saws, to protect the hiking trails?

Edward Mitty and his dreams of grandeur.

--
Cheers,

John B.
Old September 10th 13, 04:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade

Facts by themselves do not lead to any specific conclusions.
Any fool can collect facts, but what to think about them requires intelligence,
something that mountain bikers totally lack.

So, hypocrisy is alive and well. In others, a failure to accept logic and facts that you support is clearly indicative of arrogance. But in your case it's intelligence.

I suggest that you bother to READ the damn report and then, if you can, point out the flaws in the logic. However, without that, you will forgive me if I consider real research trumps opinion.

What nonsense; I suggest you go and see the amount of work

required to maintain a hiking trail that gets a lot of traffic.

Not much at all compared to the kind of maintenance that is
needed to correct what wheels do to a trail.

Not the case, and I speak from personal experience. Trail maintenance, for trails properly prepared for the anticipated volume, is minimal. It's when usage is way beyond what was expected that damage occurs; whether it's tyres or feet.

Your speed differential is just plain crazy. Many trails are
indeed flat. The only time bikers have to slow down is going up a steep trail
and they more than make up for that going down a trail.

No, they don't ... they spend far MORE time going up a hill than down simply because the speed up is so much slower. So, the average is relatively low.

Example; Rider rides 1 mile up a steep hill and then 1 mile back down. Speed up is 4mph, speed down is 25mph. That means that is takes 15minutes to get up and only 2 minutes, 24 seconds to get down. The average, over the whole trip, is 6.9mph.

You need to test your perceptions with real facts rather than just shooting from the hip.

Most hikers are solitary or a twosome, most bikers are
groupies or a mob. And all groupies make a lot of noise. After all, they are
having a party, not communing with nature.

1. You're wrong. I see lots of singleton riders and many hiking groups.

2. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that it's wrong; I'm guessing you wouldn't like people to camp and then sit around and drink and play music ?

Fools and jackasses (mountain bikers) need their own areas for
recreation like a commercial resort which will cater to them. They have no
business being in a natural public area or a wilderness. The latter areas are
reserved for those of us who appreciate nature for what it is, not for what they
want it to be a playground for trivial amusement. **** em
I say!

I think we've done this one to death. You want to commandeer public resources for your preferred activity.
Old September 11th 13, 02:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_3_]

On Tue, 10 Sep 2013 08:49:10 -0700 (PDT), Blackblade
wrote:

[...]

He is also a cringing coward who, rather then being out on the trail
protecting it from damage by the ravening hoards of bikers, sits
meekly at his computer complaining.

Eddie, some famous man once said, "you have nothing to fear but fear
itself". Get your saw and get out there and save the trails.

--
Cheers,

John B.
Old September 11th 13, 05:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

"John B." wrote in message ...

On Mon, 9 Sep 2013 20:35:16 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:
[...]

“Now go **** yourself and quit bothering the honorable members of this noble newsgroup.” – Ed Dolan

What news group? You mean your goodself, sitting alone and shouting

loud words of praise for the wonderful, wonderful, Dolen?

RBS had a few good years, but not many. All unmoderated newsgroups are degraded by assholes like you who never have anything to say except to call names.

I think Dolen is a Dutch name. Dolan is a 100% Irish name.

Or are you entertaining the heroes of the trails, that large group of

brave heroes who leap into the fray, amid fire and smoke and hand
saws, to protect the hiking trails?

Mountain bikers regularly manage to kill themselves all on their own without any help from me. I simply rejoice whenever I hear of their demise. It is good riddance to bad rubbish.

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Old September 11th 13, 06:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

"Blackblade" wrote in message ...

Facts by themselves do not lead to any specific conclusions.
Any fool can collect facts, but what to think about them requires intelligence,
something that mountain bikers totally lack.

So, hypocrisy is alive and well. In others, a failure to accept logic and facts that you support is clearly indicative of arrogance. But in your case it's intelligence.

We can agree on the facts and come to different conclusions. Were you born yesterday?

I suggest that you bother to READ the damn report and then, if you can, point out the flaws in the logic. However, without that, you will forgive me if I consider real research trumps opinion.

I never read anything on a newsgroup other than what is directly posted. If you want me to read it, then post it.
[...]

Your speed differential is just plain crazy. Many trails are
indeed flat. The only time bikers have to slow down is going up a steep trail
and they more than make up for that going down a trail.

No, they don't ... they spend far MORE time going up a hill than down simply because the speed up is so much slower. So, the average is relatively low.

Example; Rider rides 1 mile up a steep hill and then 1 mile back down. Speed up is 4mph, speed down is 25mph. That means that is takes 15minutes to get up and only 2 minutes, 24 seconds to get down. The average, over the whole trip, is 6.9mph.

Averages dont count. It is the speed at any given moment that counts.

You need to test your perceptions with real facts rather than just shooting from the hip.

???

Most hikers are solitary or a twosome, most bikers are
groupies or a mob. And all groupies make a lot of noise. After all, they are
having a party, not communing with nature.

1. You're wrong. I see lots of singleton riders and many hiking groups.

2. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that it's wrong; I'm guessing you wouldn't like people to camp and then sit around and drink and play music ?

Communing with nature is the sole purpose of hiking a trail in the wilderness. Camping is part of that experience as any fool knows. If you are doing anything else, then you should be elsewhere. Disneyland suits most of your ilk best.

Fools and jackasses (mountain bikers) need their own areas for
recreation like a commercial resort which will cater to them. They have no
business being in a natural public area or a wilderness. The latter areas are
reserved for those of us who appreciate nature for what it is, not for what they
want it to be a playground for trivial amusement. **** em
I say!

I think we've done this one to death. You want to commandeer public resources for your preferred activity.

Public resources having to do with wilderness values needs to be reserved for a designated purpose. It cannot be all things to all people. If a biker wants to enjoy the wilderness, all he has to do is get off of his g.d. bike and walk on his two feet like everyone else. Whats the matter? Cant walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Old September 11th 13, 06:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

"John B." wrote in message ...
[...]

He [Ed Dolan the Great] is also a cringing coward who, rather then being out on the trail

protecting it from damage by the ravening hoards [hordes] of bikers, sits
meekly at his computer complaining.

I have spent plenty of time over the years hiking trails in wildernesses all over the US and Canada and it is now my pleasure to take on assholes like you in a newsgroup which is all but dead. It is brain dead types like you that kill newsgroups. Not even a Great Saint like Myself can save a newsgroup from the proliferation of morons, imbeciles and cretins. I urge you to cease with your odious name calling. Try to be more like Me. But speaking of cowards, why is it that jerks like you never use your real names?

I have previously recommended that hikers should go armed with a concealed firearm on their person when in a wilderness since any bikers they encounter are likely to be thugs and hooligans.

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Old September 11th 13, 12:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_3_]

On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 00:32:37 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message ...
[...]

[...]

You "recommend Hikers should". Ah yes the Savour of the trails. Much
palaver and nothing else. One marvels that such a brave propionate of
barring the trails to bikers sits at home rather then actually taking
action.

Of course, it is said that out of doors it rains on one's head, clouds
of insects clog the skies and one is exposed to all kinds of danger.
Much safer to sit at home and watch the telly.

All talk and no action.
--
Cheers,

John B.
Old September 12th 13, 09:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade

We can agree on the facts and come to different conclusions.
Were you born yesterday?

Facts support conclusions ... or they don't. You start at the conclusion ("Trails should be reserved for Hikers") and work the facts to try and support that conclusion. I'm, as I said, not messianic and quite readily accept that some trails are appropriate for multiple use and some are not; but, I won't prejudge that without looking at the facts first.

You are trying to make the facts fit your hypothesis when, in reality, they don't. You have made many many assertions which, when challenged, you can't backup. You asserted that there are frequent collisions between hikers and bikers but could produce no objective evidence to support that assertion.