the disturbing conspiracy of the bicycling elite

Old September 6th 08, 04:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Pat

Default "Who killed the bike lanes?"

On Sep 5, 7:58*pm, ComandanteBanana wrote:
On Sep 5, 7:19*pm, Daniel Barlow wrote:

"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com writes:

And by the way - the government tells us that more than 50% of the
population owns their own bicycle.

The remainder own someone else's bicycle?

-dan

The USA has one of the highest percapitas of bike ownership, but they
are not used! Pity, no?

Remember, the US is the place where you get into your car to drive to
the gym so you can treadmill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOJibBn1Et4

Old September 6th 08, 06:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Keats

In article ,
Peter Clinch writes:
ComandanteBanana wrote:

I think kids and people who care for their lives should ride on the
sidewalk, or stay home.

I think that's a sweeping generalisation, because there are places where
it's been demonstrated it's more dangerous. So your "one size fits
all" suggestion doesn't actually fit all.

This banana guy has long been an obvious anti-cycling
propagandist trying to frighten incipient riders off
the streets & roads, while maintaining his imperviousness
to reasoned discussion.

Consider his above quoted statement. Someone once said:
"By their fruits shall ye know them."

He claims to be something of a cyclist. That's just an
artless, insidious, infiltrational, fifth column ruse.
He wants bike lanes so he can insist riders stay out of
his way while he drives his motor vehicle.

To actual, real riders like you and you and you and me,
he is our enemy. At least he's trying to be.

We don't mambly-pambly debate with The Enemy. We
clobber him, and right soundly. 'Cuz that's what
he's trying to do to bicycle ridership.

The way to clobber him is not to attempt to engage in
rational discussion with his stupid statements, and
getting in a circular argument with Tar Baby. Rather,
it is to shine the Light of Truth upon him. That Truth
being that he's an anti-bicycling propagandist who exerts
great efforts to dissuade new riders from accessing the
streets & roads.

His topic changes/subject mutations are mere diversionary
and distractional tactics (note how he squirms like a worm,)
but his main message remains the same: bicycle riders
should get off the road and "out of the ways" of cars.
That's his agendum, which is concisely summed-up in his
above-quoted statement.

He should be Phil Greased & feathered and ridden out of
town in a Croozer trailer, with a sign hung around his
neck that says: "I'm a Shameful, Anti-Bicycling Bigot."

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old September 6th 08, 03:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Kunich

"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message

I have to say it again, THE FIRST ISSUE TO FACE IN AMERICA
IS TRAFFIC SAFETY.

Do you have any idea at all what you're talking about? There are only
something like 700 fatal bicycle accidents in the USA each year and perhaps
some 3500 serious injuries. What's more, 2/3rds of those fatal accidents
occur at night and involve alcohol by either the cyclist, the auto driver or
both.

Got that? Bicycling is perhaps the safest form of transportation other than
buses. It may even be safer than walking around streets.

Old September 6th 08, 07:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

On Sep 5, 5:26*pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message

On Sep 5, 4:12 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

He obviously doesn't have any experience. He is only posting here
because he
hasn't anything real to do.

Obviously, 99.4% of Americans who do NOT ride to work don't have it
either, and yet somehow, someone has to speak for them...

You are not very clever with math, are you?

What I find interesting is that you consider yourself representative of
99.4% of the population.

Well, if Bush is representative of the SUV bunch, I feel anyone of us
with a bike can represent the bike crowd.

Well, perhaps by me being a "comandante," my voice can be a little bit
more loud.

And by the way - the government tells us that more than 50% of the
population owns their own bicycle.

Sure, but they are afraid to ride it. That's the problem, the
government looks the other way when it comes to safety.
Old September 6th 08, 07:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

On Sep 5, 11:14*pm, Pat wrote:
On Sep 5, 7:58*pm, ComandanteBanana wrote:

On Sep 5, 7:19*pm, Daniel Barlow wrote:

"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com writes:

And by the way - the government tells us that more than 50% of the
population owns their own bicycle.

The remainder own someone else's bicycle?

-dan

The USA has one of the highest percapitas of bike ownership, but they
are not used! Pity, no?

Remember, the US is the place where you get into your car to drive to
the gym so you can treadmill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOJibBn1Et4- Hide quoted text -

Exactly, the system is set up so that no one can get away with cheap
exercise.

Gas to the gym plus membership makes you feed the system.
Old September 6th 08, 07:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

On Sep 6, 1:13*am, (Tom Keats) wrote:
In article ,
* * * * Peter Clinch writes:

ComandanteBanana wrote:

[...]

I knew you were part of the conspiracy...

I'm not for scaring the monkeys; I'm for putting the lion (SUVs and
bullies) in the cage.

Regrettably, our government followed by the sheep like you turn away
from MAKING OUR ROADS SAFE.

Then and only then we can talk about bike lanes or no bike lanes. Once
upon a time I was for bike lanes, but now I'm for giving control of
the roads to the cyclists.

And if you are not part of the conspiracy, then you are mighty stupid
(like all sheep).