BR 20; hard man edition

Old November 7th 04, 09:45 AM
Gags

Default BR 20; hard man edition

"NickZX6R" wrote in message
Blah wrote:
Just arrived home after the first wet BRrrrrrrr. Just Dutch, DaveB and I
today, as it was ****ing down as I left home. 1.12km (I looked) into the
ride my shoes soaked through as I rolled down Middleborough Rd. First

big
downhill into Warrandyte was more of a creek.
Hillclimb was taken very easy, except by Dutch who gets either the

'hardman'
or 'mental pygmy' award for only realising at the primary school at

Kangaroo
Ground that he had done the last few sections of the climb in the big
ring... "I feel worse than the first time I did this climb," he said

after
the last bit before the rest stop. Noticed he was in the big ring after

we
got going again.
Did just the usual turn left after the rest rather than one of the

extended
remixes and had a nice stop in Diamo for a coffee as it stopped raining,
sort of. Rain was well and truly stopped as Dave veered off home at

Burgandy
street and Dutch and I had an almost warm and dry run through Ivanhoe
towards North Boring.
Never been one for riding in the rain, but I am happy to have come out
today - of course, a lot of you guys who didn't have to travel further

in
the rain just to get to the start. I was pretty much champing at the bit

get out on the bike after a week with only one ride.
See ya'll next week? (lets see if we can go 19 weeks without a _dry_

ride?)

I would've liked to have been there this week too but I would've been
soaked well before I even made the 7:20 start

I notice you guys seem to be taking the short BR for the last 2 weeks.
What's going on with that?

--
Nick

I got up at 0530h (as per usual), went out to the shed at about 0620h and it
was ****ing down rain. I had a flat tyre on the back and I decided that it
was too wet and ****ty so I went back inside, stripped off the bike gear,
and got back into bed. As I got back into bed and snuggled up to the wife I
whispered "It's really bucketing down outside" to which she replied
"Yeah....can you believe my husband is out riding in that ****??"

Ride On,

Gags

Old November 7th 04, 11:45 AM
flyingdutch

Gags Wrote:

As I got back into bed and snuggled up to the wife I
whispered "It's really bucketing down outside" to which she replied
"Yeah....can you believe my husband is out riding in that ****??"

Ride On,

Gags

Haha! give that woman a cigar

--
flyingdutch

Old November 7th 04, 02:50 PM
SteveA

As I got back into bed and snuggled up to the wife
whispered "It's really bucketing down outside" to which she replie
"Yeah....can you believe my husband is out riding in that ****??" ;

Ride On

Gags
Only one thing to do - get out of bed, go to source of cold water, retur
and sprinkle a little on wife. While geting back into bed say, "I wen
for that ride, too bloody cold and wet so I turned around and I've com
back to bed"

Depending on sense of humour and amount of cold water you used, sayin
"please warm me up" may or may not be a good idea

Steve

--
SteveA

Old November 7th 04, 08:59 PM
Etxy

How many km is the short edition

--
Etxy

Old November 7th 04, 09:56 PM
flyingdutch

Etxy Wrote:
How many km is the short edition?

about 65km i think. average speed is usually somewhere about 24-6kph
mind you this includes a fair bit of downhill as wel

--
flyingdutch

Old November 8th 04, 06:59 AM
DaveB

flyingdutch wrote:
Etxy Wrote:

How many km is the short edition?

about 65km i think. average speed is usually somewhere about 24-6kph.
mind you this includes a fair bit of downhill as well

Nahh that's your short edition, my short edition is 50km (if you peel
off at Burgundy St back to the starting point)

DaveB

Old November 8th 04, 08:52 AM
tonykara

hey guys,

long time no speak, ive been in the land of the long white clou
climbing mountains. and it was for work! we had a week long conferenc
in in auckland and then myself and a few others decided mount
wurapaihu and tongariro looked like fun so up we went. the weather wa
awsome, not so in melbourne it seems.

well im back now and ready to put away my hiking boots for my trust
sidis. be there for the nex B

--
tonykara