TopoFusion: Cannot connect to TerraServer?

Old October 28th 04, 01:21 PM
(Pete Cresswell)

Default TopoFusion: Cannot connect to TerraServer?

Per another thread, I looked into //www.trailregistry.com which looks promising
when combined with TopoFusion (http://www.topofusion.com/download.php).

Downloaded TopoFusion, fired it up, and the first thing it said was "TopoFusion
is having trouble contacting TerraServer, internet downloading is now disabled."

However, when I pointed my browser at http://www.terraserver.microsoft.com to
get an image of my home town (http://tinyurl.com/4hldj), there was no problem.

Anybody using TopoFusion to chart rides? If so, can you shed any light?
--
PeteCresswell
Old October 30th 04, 03:01 AM
DirtRoadie

"(Pete Cresswell)" wrote in message . ..
Downloaded TopoFusion, fired it up, and the first thing
it said was "TopoFusion is having trouble contacting TerraServer,
internet downloading is now disabled."

However, when I pointed my browser at http://www.terraserver.microsoft.com
to get an image of my home town (http://tinyurl.com/4hldj), there was
no problem.

Anybody using TopoFusion to chart rides? If so, can you shed any light?

I do and it's working fine for me. Sorry I can't help.
Try

DR
Old October 30th 04, 02:49 PM
(Pete Cresswell)

RE/
I do and it's working fine for me. Sorry I can't help.
Try

Got it. My Norton FireWall was intercepting the TCP requests.

Added TopoFusion to the list of permitted apps and it works fine.
--
PeteCresswell