"Strange" object attached to downtube

Old August 9th 05, 05:25 AM
maxo

Default "Strange" object attached to downtube

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 00:11:59 -0400, David L. Johnson wrote:

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 03:38:50 +0000, maxo wrote:

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 23:07:31 -0400, Paul Hobson wrote:

Are those handlebar bottle holders still readily available?

Ha--that's always what I want to know when I see those old photos!

Me, I want to know where to get jerseys with front pockets like they have.

Sure they aren't vents?

Old August 9th 05, 05:28 AM
maxo

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 00:09:09 -0400, Paul Hobson wrote:

ps maxo: can I email you some SS questions?

Sure, but I'm no expert--just ride one a lot--and a freewheeled one at
that.

Might want to post to the group, but feel free to email if you can figure
out the "cryptic" domain. :P

Old August 9th 05, 06:17 AM
Zoot Katz

Tue, 09 Aug 2005 00:09:09 -0400, ,
Paul Hobson wrote:

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 23:07:31 -0400, Paul Hobson wrote:

Are those handlebar bottle holders still readily available?

Ha--that's always what I want to know when I see those old photos!

Not like those but there is the Minoura line of bottle holders for
mounting on handlebars.
Single: BH-60
Dual: BH-2B

http://www.minoura.jp/acc-e.html
--
zk
Old August 9th 05, 02:03 PM
David L. Johnson

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 04:25:42 +0000, maxo wrote:

Me, I want to know where to get jerseys with front pockets like they have.

Sure they aren't vents?

Quite. I used to have such jerseys. Two front pockets, with buttons.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | Let's not escape into mathematics. Let's stay with reality. --
_`\(,_ | Michael Crichton
(_)/ (_) |

Old August 9th 05, 04:59 PM
Fritz

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 09:03:44 -0400, "David L. Johnson"
wrote:

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 04:25:42 +0000, maxo wrote:

Me, I want to know where to get jerseys with front pockets like they have.

Sure they aren't vents?

Quite. I used to have such jerseys. Two front pockets, with buttons.

That way you can carry two packs of smokes on the longer rides. The
buttons keep the packs from falling out.

Old August 9th 05, 10:40 PM
Paul

Wow, where can I find someone to crochet me a bike jersey?

Paul

On 8 Aug 2005 16:00:57 -0700, "V-Mook" wrote:

Check out:

http://tinyurl.com/cd5pr

What is that cylindrical object attached to the downtube of Bobet's
bike?

I've seen these in other pix from the 1950's but have never found an
explanation of what they are.

TIA,

'mook

Old August 9th 05, 11:43 PM
maxo

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 21:40:19 +0000, Paul wrote:

Wow, where can I find someone to crochet me a bike jersey?

Paul

Damn hippie.

Why don't you knit a whole bike out of steel wool instead?

:P

Old August 10th 05, 03:08 AM
Bob the Cow

"V-Mook" wrote in message
oups.com...

What is that cylindrical object attached to the downtube of Bobet's
bike?

For a brief time, Schwinn Varsity models such as the one pictured came with
an optional pipe-bomb cage.

Old August 10th 05, 04:24 PM
Paul

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 21:08:37 -0500, "Bob the Cow" wrote:

"V-Mook" wrote in message
roups.com...

What is that cylindrical object attached to the downtube of Bobet's
bike?

For a brief time, Schwinn Varsity models such as the one pictured came with
an optional pipe-bomb cage.

Yes, but that was only for the Irish models.

Paul