A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Rides
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Ride an SUB not an SUV



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #931  
Old May 2nd 07, 01:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Bill
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,680
Default Ride an SUB not an SUV

Nate Nagel wrote:
George Conklin wrote:

Quick.....call up Toyota and tell them about this.



They're probably evaluating them already. An ultra-cap does have some
advantages over the batteries.

nate

They should be. It's the best thing I have seen in capacitors for quite
a while. At least someone knows what an ultra-cap is.
Bill Baka
Ads
  #932  
Old May 2nd 07, 02:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Amy Blankenship
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 888
Default Ride an SUB not an SUV


"Bill" wrote in message
. net...
Nate Nagel wrote:
George Conklin wrote:

Quick.....call up Toyota and tell them about this.



They're probably evaluating them already. An ultra-cap does have some
advantages over the batteries.

nate

They should be. It's the best thing I have seen in capacitors for quite a
while. At least someone knows what an ultra-cap is.


I don't know... Aren't those the same thing Dr. Emmett Brown was using in
1985?

-Amy


  #933  
Old May 2nd 07, 03:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Bill
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,680
Default Ride an SUB not an SUV

Amy Blankenship wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message
. net...
Nate Nagel wrote:
George Conklin wrote:
Quick.....call up Toyota and tell them about this.


They're probably evaluating them already. An ultra-cap does have some
advantages over the batteries.

nate

They should be. It's the best thing I have seen in capacitors for quite a
while. At least someone knows what an ultra-cap is.


I don't know... Aren't those the same thing Dr. Emmett Brown was using in
1985?

-Amy


Not FLUX capacitors.
Time storage in a bottle?
Bill Baka
  #934  
Old May 2nd 07, 03:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Amy Blankenship
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 888
Default Ride an SUB not an SUV


"Bill" wrote in message
t...
Amy Blankenship wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message
. net...
Nate Nagel wrote:
George Conklin wrote:
Quick.....call up Toyota and tell them about this.


They're probably evaluating them already. An ultra-cap does have some
advantages over the batteries.

nate

They should be. It's the best thing I have seen in capacitors for quite
a while. At least someone knows what an ultra-cap is.


I don't know... Aren't those the same thing Dr. Emmett Brown was using in
1985?

-Amy

Not FLUX capacitors.
Time storage in a bottle?


If I could save Time in a bottle
The first thing that Id like to do
Is to save every day
Til Eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you

Don't take it personally, Bill... It's just a song ;-)


  #935  
Old May 2nd 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Bill
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,680
Default Ride an SUB not an SUV

Amy Blankenship wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message
t...
Amy Blankenship wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message
. net...
Nate Nagel wrote:
George Conklin wrote:
Quick.....call up Toyota and tell them about this.


They're probably evaluating them already. An ultra-cap does have some
advantages over the batteries.

nate

They should be. It's the best thing I have seen in capacitors for quite
a while. At least someone knows what an ultra-cap is.
I don't know... Aren't those the same thing Dr. Emmett Brown was using in
1985?

-Amy

Not FLUX capacitors.
Time storage in a bottle?


If I could save Time in a bottle
The first thing that Id like to do
Is to save every day
Til Eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you

Don't take it personally, Bill... It's just a song ;-)


I know, the tune came up in my head. That was a good time for me when
that song came out.
Time flies when you aren't looking.
Bill (rained out day of reminiscence) Baka
  #937  
Old May 8th 07, 01:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Chris[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 184
Default Iraq responsibility was promoting "smart growth"

dgk wrote in
:

On 07 May 2007 20:03:24 GMT, Chris wrote:

(Matthew T. Russotto) wrote in
:

In article ,
Clark F Morris wrote:

The US took on a responsibility to those who cooperated with it

after
the invasion. How it treats those people may determine how US

troops
are treated in the future. Many people are risking their lives

daily
to make Iraq work. I for one don't want to see them left to the
tender mercies of the various groups directing the suicide bombers.

Iraq can't work. As soon as the US leaves, the civil war will heat

up
full time and continue until some group hostile to the US comes out

on
top. This is inevitable, unless the US maintains the occupation
indefinitely.


I think that is the US governmaents intent


That was unclear. Do you think the intent is to have a group hostile
to US interests come out on top, or to have a permanent occupation. I
can make a case for either.

The permanent occupation is a likely goal, because we are, after all,
building 14 permanent bases including the "US Embassy", actually one
huge base. This will give the US control of the oil.

However a hostile government is also a plus, depending on how one
defines US interests. If the interests are those of the average
American, this is a bad thing. But if you're talking about corporate
interests, then an enemy is great. After the collapse of the Soviet
Union, it was looking like we could actually get a reduction in
military spending, I think we were hoping for something called a
"peace dividend".

That, however, was a threat to the corporations that make their
obscene profits from the war industries; that's what Eisenhower was
referring to with his "military-industrial complex" speech. So, we
needed another enemy. They tried using Gadaffi but even they couldn't
blow him up into a real threat.

Of course, we managed to blow Iran into a huge threat now, so perhaps
we can just take Iraq and still have Iran as a boogyman. Yes, that's a
good plan. Something that Republicans and Democrats can agree on,
since they both feed off the GE-NBC-Etc corporate teat. Hmm, let's
see, yes, combining large "defense" industries with the dominant media
companies! What a great idea.


You hit the nail.........

--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

  #938  
Old May 8th 07, 02:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
dgk
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 827
Default Iraq responsibility was promoting "smart growth"

On 07 May 2007 20:03:24 GMT, Chris wrote:

(Matthew T. Russotto) wrote in
:

In article ,
Clark F Morris wrote:

The US took on a responsibility to those who cooperated with it after
the invasion. How it treats those people may determine how US troops
are treated in the future. Many people are risking their lives daily
to make Iraq work. I for one don't want to see them left to the
tender mercies of the various groups directing the suicide bombers.


Iraq can't work. As soon as the US leaves, the civil war will heat up
full time and continue until some group hostile to the US comes out on
top. This is inevitable, unless the US maintains the occupation
indefinitely.


I think that is the US governmaents intent


That was unclear. Do you think the intent is to have a group hostile
to US interests come out on top, or to have a permanent occupation. I
can make a case for either.

The permanent occupation is a likely goal, because we are, after all,
building 14 permanent bases including the "US Embassy", actually one
huge base. This will give the US control of the oil.

However a hostile government is also a plus, depending on how one
defines US interests. If the interests are those of the average
American, this is a bad thing. But if you're talking about corporate
interests, then an enemy is great. After the collapse of the Soviet
Union, it was looking like we could actually get a reduction in
military spending, I think we were hoping for something called a
"peace dividend".

That, however, was a threat to the corporations that make their
obscene profits from the war industries; that's what Eisenhower was
referring to with his "military-industrial complex" speech. So, we
needed another enemy. They tried using Gadaffi but even they couldn't
blow him up into a real threat.

Of course, we managed to blow Iran into a huge threat now, so perhaps
we can just take Iraq and still have Iran as a boogyman. Yes, that's a
good plan. Something that Republicans and Democrats can agree on,
since they both feed off the GE-NBC-Etc corporate teat. Hmm, let's
see, yes, combining large "defense" industries with the dominant media
companies! What a great idea.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ride Report ( Long) - Children's Cancer Institute Bike Ride - Townsville to Cairns HughMann Australia 2 August 7th 05 04:08 AM
Early-bird bike ride helps Sierra Club ("Morning Glory" ride) Garrison Hilliard General 5 July 8th 05 05:44 PM
Bike Ride Pictures: Club ride to Half Moon Bay, CA, June 2005 Bill Bushnell Rides 0 June 28th 05 07:05 AM
Bike Ride Pictures: Sequoia Century Worker's Ride (200k, w/variations), June 2005 Bill Bushnell Rides 0 June 19th 05 03:31 PM
[Texas] Bridgewood Farms "Ride From the Heart" Charity Bike Ride Greg Bretting Rides 0 January 15th 04 06:38 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.