Five cyclists injured by a motorist!

Old May 8th 10, 06:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

Default Five cyclists injured by a motorist!

Once again illustrating the sheer destructive force of a car compared
to that of a bicycle. I wonder what pretext will be used to divert
blame from the driver?

"British cyclists hurt in Belgium car collision

Five British female cyclists have been injured in a collision with a
car while training in Belgium.

Sporting body British Cycling said the accident happened between
Brakel and Oudenaarde on Friday morning.

Hannah Mayho, Lucy Martin, Katie Colclough, Emma Trott and Sarah
Reynolds were all treated in hospital.

Mayho, who came into direct contact with the vehicle, has broken both
legs, her right arm and wrist and will undergo surgery..."

Mo
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8665166.stm

--
UK Radical Campaigns
http://www.zing.icom43.net
Old May 8th 10, 06:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
oldMaxim

On 8 May, 05:15, Doug wrote:
Once again illustrating the sheer destructive force of a car compared
to that of a bicycle. I wonder what pretext will be used to divert
blame from the driver?

"British cyclists hurt in Belgium car collision

Five British female cyclists have been injured in a collision with a
car while training in Belgium.

Sporting body British Cycling said the accident happened between
Brakel and Oudenaarde on Friday morning.

Hannah Mayho, Lucy Martin, Katie Colclough, Emma Trott and Sarah
Reynolds were all treated in hospital.

Mayho, who came into direct contact with the vehicle, has broken both
legs, her right arm and wrist and will undergo surgery..."

Mohttp://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8665166.stm

--
UK Radical Campaignshttp://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

....still getting good mileage out of someone else's misery then
Doug, ...so predictable!

Wouldn't mind betting a lot of them are also drivers - accidents
happen, people get hurt ...that's life - deal with it. I do hope they
all make a speedy and full recovery....
Old May 8th 10, 06:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
McKevvy

On 8 May, 06:15, Doug wrote:
Once again illustrating the sheer destructive force of a car compared
to that of a bicycle. I wonder what pretext will be used to divert
blame from the driver?

"British cyclists hurt in Belgium car collision

Five British female cyclists have been injured in a collision with a
car while training in Belgium.

Sporting body British Cycling said the accident happened between
Brakel and Oudenaarde on Friday morning.

Hannah Mayho, Lucy Martin, Katie Colclough, Emma Trott and Sarah
Reynolds were all treated in hospital.

Mayho, who came into direct contact with the vehicle, has broken both
legs, her right arm and wrist and will undergo surgery..."

Mohttp://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8665166.stm

They probably did what they do here out of habit....cycle through red
lights, ignore pedestrians, take the right of way when they don't have
it.
Only htis time they weren't up against the tolerant British motorist.
Serves them ****in right. Maybe this will knock some sense into them
but I doubt it. Pity you weren't one of them Doug.

McK.
Old May 8th 10, 07:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
FrengaX

On May 8, 6:58*am, McKevvy wrote:
On 8 May, 06:15, Doug wrote:

[...]

You seem to have acquired Doug's ability of knowing more facts than
are reported. Please tell me your evidence for such an assumption, or
are you actually as bigotted as Doug? Don't get me wrong, I hold Doug
in absolute utter contempt, but there's no need to adopt his knee-
jerk, guilty-till-proved-innocent stance.

Only htis time they weren't up against the tolerant British motorist.
Serves them ****in right. Maybe this will knock some sense into them
but I doubt it. Pity you weren't one of them Doug.

McK.- Hide quoted text -

Old May 8th 10, 08:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On 8 May, 06:24, oldMaxim wrote:
On 8 May, 05:15, Doug wrote:

Once again illustrating the sheer destructive force of a car compared
to that of a bicycle. I wonder what pretext will be used to divert
blame from the driver?

"British cyclists hurt in Belgium car collision

Five British female cyclists have been injured in a collision with a
car while training in Belgium.

Sporting body British Cycling said the accident happened between
Brakel and Oudenaarde on Friday morning.

Hannah Mayho, Lucy Martin, Katie Colclough, Emma Trott and Sarah
Reynolds were all treated in hospital.

Mayho, who came into direct contact with the vehicle, has broken both
legs, her right arm and wrist and will undergo surgery..."

Mohttp://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8665166.stm

...still getting good mileage out of someone else's misery then
Doug, ...so predictable!

While you would prefer to brush such outrageous things under the
carpet.

Wouldn't mind betting a lot of them are also drivers - accidents
happen, people get hurt ...that's life - deal with it. I do hope they
all make a speedy and full recovery....

I hope the motorist is sufficiently punished for the serious harm he
has caused to others, regardless of who or what they are.

Old May 8th 10, 08:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On 8 May, 06:58, McKevvy wrote:
On 8 May, 06:15, Doug wrote:

[...]

I expect that they broke his wing mirror and didn't stop, don't you
think? All 5 of them. That'll do as an excuse, won't it?

Old May 8th 10, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
McKevvy

On 8 May, 07:39, FrengaX wrote:
On May 8, 6:58*am, McKevvy wrote:

On 8 May, 06:15, Doug wrote:

[...]

It's based on my experience here in the UK asa driver and witnessing
cyclists ignoring the Highway Code/law on a daily basis multiple
times.

McK.
Old May 8th 10, 09:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

Doug wrote:
On 8 May, 06:24, oldMaxim wrote:
On 8 May, 05:15, Doug wrote:

[...]

Personally I hope that the person(s) who caused the accident are dealt
with correctly.
I am sure that somebody here will be able to supply you with the details
of who to report your findings to.

--
Tony Dragon
Old May 8th 10, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

FrengaX wrote:
On May 8, 6:58 am, McKevvy wrote:
On 8 May, 06:15, Doug wrote:

[...]

Very well put.

--
Tony Dragon
Old May 8th 10, 09:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Doug wrote:
Once again illustrating the sheer destructive force of a car compared
to that of a bicycle. I wonder what pretext will be used to divert
blame from the driver?

"British cyclists hurt in Belgium car collision

Five British female cyclists have been injured in a collision with a
car while training in Belgium.

Sporting body British Cycling said the accident happened between
Brakel and Oudenaarde on Friday morning.

Hannah Mayho, Lucy Martin, Katie Colclough, Emma Trott and Sarah
Reynolds were all treated in hospital.

Mayho, who came into direct contact with the vehicle, has broken both
legs, her right arm and wrist and will undergo surgery..."

Mo
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8665166.stm

Lets read this differently: A group of cyclists racing on the highway, one
wobbles and crashes into the others, one of the resulting melee gets whacked
by a passing car. Sounds different doesn't it?