RR: Entrance Exam! w/links

Old July 21st 06, 06:44 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Paladin

Default RR: Entrance Exam! w/links

Long Live Rock, I Need it Every Day...!!

Roll onto the lip of a sandy drop-off, and this trail is comin at me
like a mad hound dog! Within 30 yards, the ole sphincter's grippin the
seat nose tighter'n the new guy in cell block 7's showers. Off camber,
steep, and too much fun! Youza, I'm shouting back to my new buddy,
whom I've never ridden with, and who's never ridden this beast, but I
know he's pretty good by reputation.

I roll into a couple more tight, s-turns and wonder, do I thank or
curse the fiend who cut in this trail! If I make it, I praise him, if
I biff it, I curse him. "LOOSE ME, MEPHISTOPHELES!"

So far, an A+ on the exam. ThankfuLly I'm pretty good at switchbacks,
using a combo of the patented Paladin tail whip and the Freak's stutter
shuttle, Whatever it takes to stay upright and roll through thes tank
traps.

Take a left at the "Y" where it's overgrown and about 10" wide, with
hidden drops, [yeeha!, I saw that.....right] and more gnarly tight
switchbacks that throw my buddy into the toolies, but I hear equal
laughs and cursing, so he's ok.

Come around one lousy switch, and there's a freakin 2 foot drop around
the corner! You AMB-ID'ers from the first Loon Lake trip will
remember where Jim went over the bars and broke his ribs and bike?
Quite similar, but I couldn't see that snake waiting to strike!

I'm laughing, almost crying with the concentration, but work my way
through this natural circus, negotiate through two trees too narrow to
take straight, so I have to kinda track stand and tail wihip to get
through, only to find the trail dropping off and cutting sharp to the
right. Who is the sadistic ba$tard who designed that??!! Way to go,
Idaho.

So, finally emerge onto the regular trail, having miraculously passed
the exam with an A+, no dabs and still upright. Take a deep breath,
say a prayer of thanks. My buddy's hollering and I see him fly off the
trail another couple times. heheh. First time on the exam, and
proctor's whacking his peepee with a yardstick!

After it tamed down a bit...:
http://forums.mtbr.com/attachment.ph...d=1153459 038

And king of the poseurs himself:
http://forums.mtbr.com/attachment.ph...d=1153459 038
http://forums.mtbr.com/attachment.ph...d=1153006 265

Yeehah! Doggy!

I return you to your regularly scheduled programming now...

CDB

Old July 21st 06, 07:52 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

Paladin wrote:
I return you to your regularly scheduled programming now...

CDB

Great story as usual. I like the switchback part. Someday I'll make one.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old July 21st 06, 08:25 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

Paladin wrote:
Long Live Rock, I Need it Every Day...!!

snip

Rock on! does heavy metal salute

That sounds fun. I usually do pretty well the first time through a trail
like that, before I know what's coming so I can get nervous about it.

Matt
Old July 21st 06, 08:59 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Paladin

MattB wrote:
Paladin wrote:
Long Live Rock, I Need it Every Day...!!

snip

Rock on! does heavy metal salute

That sounds fun. I usually do pretty well the first time through a trail
like that, before I know what's coming so I can get nervous about it.

Matt

That's the attitude my buddy had. He'd roll up to the lip of
something, or try to anticipate what was happening next, (most of the
features were hidden with overgrown bushes and sh!te) and finally
decided to just sit back, shut up, loose the brakes and party on,
Wayne!

CDB

Old July 21st 06, 09:12 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Paladin

Paladin wrote:
MattB wrote:

Rock on! does heavy metal salute

Matt

That's the attitude my buddy had. He'd roll up to the lip of
something, or try to anticipate what was happening next, (most of the
features were hidden with overgrown bushes and sh!te) and finally
decided to just sit back, shut up, loose the brakes and party on,
Wayne!

CDB

Some more pics of this very scenic trail, once you pass the exam:

http://forums.mtbr.com/attachment.ph...d=11208031 94
http://forums.mtbr.com/attachment.ph...d=11208032 33
http://forums.mtbr.com/attachment.ph...d=11208030 65
http://forums.mtbr.com/attachment.ph...d=11197561 28

Old July 21st 06, 09:31 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

"Paladin" wrote in message
ups.com...

Paladin wrote:
MattB wrote:

Rock on! does heavy metal salute

Matt

That's the attitude my buddy had. He'd roll up to the lip of
something, or try to anticipate what was happening next, (most of the
features were hidden with overgrown bushes and sh!te) and finally
decided to just sit back, shut up, loose the brakes and party on,
Wayne!

CDB

Some more pics of this very scenic trail, once you pass the exam:

http://forums.mtbr.com/attachment.ph...d=11208031 94

http://forums.mtbr.com/attachment.ph...d=11208032 33

http://forums.mtbr.com/attachment.ph...d=11208030 65

http://forums.mtbr.com/attachment.ph...d=11197561 28

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page.
This could be due to one of several reasons:
1.. You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and
try again.
2.. You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you
trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some
other privileged system?
3.. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your
account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Greg

Old July 21st 06, 09:40 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Paladin

G.T. wrote:
"Paladin" wrote in message
ups.com...

Paladin wrote:
MattB wrote:

[...]

Oh, No! I guess you'll just have to fill in with your imagination.
Picture 60yr old nuns on old Schwinn cruisers riding circles around a
fountain at the monastery...

CDB

Old July 21st 06, 09:42 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

Paladin wrote:
G.T. wrote:
"Paladin" wrote in message
ups.com...
Paladin wrote:
MattB wrote:
[...]

Chris,

If you want I can set up up with an account on my gallery server (same
one Geebub uses). Then you can post the pics here and use url links for
MTBR.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old July 21st 06, 10:08 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

Paladin wrote:
Paladin wrote:

MattB wrote:

Rock on! does heavy metal salute

Matt

That's the attitude my buddy had. He'd roll up to the lip of
something, or try to anticipate what was happening next, (most of the
features were hidden with overgrown bushes and sh!te) and finally
decided to just sit back, shut up, loose the brakes and party on,
Wayne!

CDB

Some more pics of this very scenic trail, once you pass the exam:

http://forums.mtbr.com/attachment.ph...d=11208031 94
http://forums.mtbr.com/attachment.ph...d=11208032 33
http://forums.mtbr.com/attachment.ph...d=11208030 65
http://forums.mtbr.com/attachment.ph...d=11197561 28

Looks nice. Anyone who doesn't want to create a login can use bugmenot.

Matt
Old July 21st 06, 10:10 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

"Paladin" wrote in message
ups.com...

Oh, No! I guess you'll just have to fill in with your imagination.
Picture 60yr old nuns on old Schwinn cruisers riding circles around a
fountain at the monastery...

I guess I'll have to use one of those fake accounts cuz I gotta see that.

Greg