OK Lance...I'm more dissapointed than upset at you

Old January 17th 13, 11:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Phil

Default OK Lance...I'm more dissapointed than upset at you

Ya know I've been thinking about this ever since you decided not to press on when the USDA was trying to get the goods against you. Then you lost all of your Tour victories and that must have really hurt. But you did not say a word. I tried to figure things these things out for myself.

What I mean is I'm not really ****ed off at you. You gave us some great memories. Watching you ride in the TDF was always a treat. Who will ever forget "The Look", your many individual time trials, mind boggling efforts in the mountains, the ride you took across an open field almost as if it was planned. Other tours have seemed boring by comparison.

I watched a lot of other TDF races and with the exception of a few of Greg Lemonds rides, yours are the ones that I remember. Thank You For That! I bet you don't get a lot of thank you's these days.

That said, I can't help but wonder, did you not think, standing on the podium in Paris, that some day it would all catch up to you ande come crashing down? How could you have thought otherwise. Your team mates knew that you were doping and the Hawks were out to get you. Perhaps you were trying to say something with the title of your book: It's Not About The Bike. Maybe it is time to write another one.

I'm ****ed at you because you screwed up some other lives along the way. If it was just yourself, I could almost give you a pass for it. We have all done stupid **** that we would take back in heartbeat. However, when you **** with some one else's life, there is really nothing you can ever do to make amends for that.

I think that there a lot of hypocritical people out there that are ready to hang you now. Acting as if they knew all along that you were not clean, and that you were the only one in the peloton that was Really doping.

Anyone who rides over 2000 miles, many of them through the mountains, in 20 days is going to be looking for an edge. I am sure that when you were finding ways to make the TDF easier and faster by using epo and performance and enhancing drugs that you were not alone, Most likely the majority of the peloton was doing it too. They probably still are.

Anyway Lance, Thanks for the memories.
Old January 17th 13, 11:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

uh THEY are all well off for going up the Mtn on PED beating the Euro's also on PED, n given us a great ride in the sidecar.

Old January 17th 13, 11:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_8_]

On 17/01/2013 23:29, wrote:
uh THEY are all well off for going up the Mtn on PED beating the Euro's also on PED, n given us a great ride in the sidecar.

Could you repost that in something approaching English please.

Old January 17th 13, 11:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_8_]

On 17/01/2013 23:00, Phil wrote:
[...]

Yeah he did give us lot's of memories and he was one of the most talented riders
of all time, shame about the way he chose to go about things. I don't mean the
doping, everyone knows they were [nearly] all at it, it was his douchebag
personality and general bullying behaviour towards others that blew it all.
Old January 18th 13, 12:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jane Doe

Dear Lance: Go **** yourself.

Old January 18th 13, 12:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On 1/17/2013 5:41 PM, atriage wrote:
Yeah he did give us lot's of memories and he was one of the most
talented riders of all time, shame about the way he chose to go about
things. I don't mean the doping, everyone knows they were [nearly] all
at it, it was his douchebag personality and general bullying behaviour
towards others that blew it all.

Yep. Indurain never had to deal with this. Rominger didn't.
Perico didn't. Zulle didn't.

But nobody that had to ride with or for LANCE likes him. And
now the bill has come due.

Old January 18th 13, 07:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Frederick the Great

In article ,
Fred Flintstein wrote:

On 1/17/2013 5:41 PM, atriage wrote:
Yeah he did give us lot's of memories and he was one of the most
talented riders of all time, shame about the way he chose to go about
things. I don't mean the doping, everyone knows they were [nearly] all
at it, it was his douchebag personality and general bullying behaviour
towards others that blew it all.

Yep. Indurain never had to deal with this. Rominger didn't.
Perico didn't. Zulle didn't.

But nobody that had to ride with or for LANCE likes him. And
now the bill has come due.

If somebody truly disapprove's of somebody else's behavior
then he will not emulate him.

--
Old Fritz