please help me decide

Old September 9th 10, 03:30 PM posted to aus.bicycle
dan[_4_]

Default please help me decide

Hi there,

I have done a lot of searchng around, looking for a road bike with
decent specs for less than 3 grand. the choice is now between an azzuri
forza elite with 105 all around and lifetime warranty on the carbon
frame, vs the cell victor 2011 with ultegra all around but only 5 year
warranty on the frame. both bikes look the same as far as the frame
shape is concerned and they are the same price.
I am worried about breaking the frame as I am 6 feet three inches and
hundred kilos.

I am planning on riding the bike for at least a hundred kms a week.

has anyone got any of the two bikes I mentioned and how do they rate. I
must mention that Cell people are saying to me no one has ever claimed
on their frame warranty yet (which to me it sounds like bs, how can that
be, I know for a fact that carbon frames do crack occasionally....)

please help me, I will appreciate it.

cheers

dan
Old September 9th 10, 09:41 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Fri, 10 Sep 2010 00:30:16 +1000
dan wrote:
Hi there,

I have done a lot of searchng around, looking for a road bike with
decent specs for less than 3 grand. the choice is now between an azzuri
forza elite with 105 all around and lifetime warranty on the carbon
frame, vs the cell victor 2011 with ultegra all around but only 5 year
warranty on the frame. both bikes look the same as far as the frame
shape is concerned and they are the same price.

Usual wisdom is get the best frame you can because you will be
replacing components.

So if the main difference is between 105 and Ultegra and both fit you
then I'd say go the one you think has the better frame.

Zebee
Old September 9th 10, 10:28 PM posted to aus.bicycle
dan[_4_]

wrote:
Hi there,

I have done a lot of searchng around, looking for a road bike with
decent specs for less than 3 grand. the choice is now between an azzuri
forza elite with 105 all around and lifetime warranty on the carbon
frame, vs the cell victor 2011 with ultegra all around but only 5 year
warranty on the frame. both bikes look the same as far as the frame
shape is concerned and they are the same price.

Usual wisdom is get the best frame you can because you will be
replacing components.

So if the main difference is between 105 and Ultegra and both fit you
then I'd say go the one you think has the better frame.

Zebee

thank you zebee. I can not tell which one has the better frame.
honestly, except for the paint job they both look exactly the same. I
bet there were made in the same factory. the only diff is the life time
warranty on one vs only 5 year warranty on the other one. does the
extended warranty makes it a better frame ?

dan
Old September 9th 10, 11:59 PM posted to aus.bicycle
thefathippy

*wrote:
[...]

Given you're worried about breaking the frame, I'd suggest the better
warranty might suit. ;^)

But... Go for a ride on both. Which makes you happier? Which fits
better? Buy that one.

Tony F

Help me decide.... DJack Unicycling 8 September 3rd 06 09:20 PM
Help me decide.... juggle508 Unicycling 1 September 3rd 06 05:59 PM
Trying to decide what to get. vinandshabothride Unicycling 1 January 20th 06 01:44 PM
Trying to decide what to get. litldude2 Unicycling 0 January 20th 06 04:42 AM
Cant decide what to buy e39m5 Unicycling 20 June 5th 05 10:58 PM