Finish Line Krytech Wax Lube

Old January 18th 04, 07:33 PM
Simonb

Default Finish Line Krytech Wax Lube

I've been using this stuff for about two weeks. It just seems to disappear
after a few day's riding. I applied it according to the instructions. I have
applied it about three times since the initial degreasing and application.
Am I doing something wrong here? Anyone had success with it?

Simon

Old January 18th 04, 07:44 PM
Russ

"Simonb" wrote in message
I've been using this stuff for about two weeks. It just seems to disappear
after a few day's riding. I applied it according to the instructions. I

have
applied it about three times since the initial degreasing and application.
Am I doing something wrong here? Anyone had success with it?

Simon

It's a summer lube - you're doing well to get it to last 3 days at this time
of year

Russ

Old January 18th 04, 08:06 PM
Simonb

Russ wrote:

It's a summer lube - you're doing well to get it to last 3 days at
this time of year

Ah!

Didn't say so on the bottle.

Thanks,

Simon

Old January 18th 04, 08:56 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 20:06:58 -0000, "Simonb"
wrote:

It's a summer lube - you're doing well to get it to last 3 days at
this time of year

Didn't say so on the bottle.

I use White Lightning in summer and White Lightning Raceday in winter

Guy
===
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk
Old January 18th 04, 09:53 PM
Zog The Undeniable

Simonb wrote:
I've been using this stuff for about two weeks. It just seems to disappear
after a few day's riding. I applied it according to the instructions. I have
applied it about three times since the initial degreasing and application.
Am I doing something wrong here? Anyone had success with it?

Simon

After trying everything else, I'm back to 3-in-1 oil. No more messy
than anything else and a lot more lubricating than some.

Old January 18th 04, 09:54 PM
Pete Biggs

Simonb wrote:
I've been using this stuff for about two weeks. It just seems to
disappear after a few day's riding. I applied it according to the
instructions. I have applied it about three times since the initial
degreasing and application. Am I doing something wrong here?

No, you are doing something right... for Finish Line: giving them your
money. I reckon it's cheaper to buy several new chains a year than it is
to use these overpriced, price-fixed hard wax products.

Castrol/Halfords Chain Wax* is a compromise lube: Although stickier, it's
cheaper and longer lasting than Krytech or WL yet still cleaner than oil.

* in the motorcycle section, not just designed for o-ring chain though.

~PB

Old January 18th 04, 11:04 PM
Pete Biggs

Zog The Undeniable wrote:
After trying everything else, I'm back to 3-in-1 oil. No more messy
than anything else and a lot more lubricating than some.

3-in-1 is more messy than wax.

~PB

Old January 19th 04, 09:14 AM
Arthur Clune

Simonb wrote:
: I've been using this stuff for about two weeks. It just seems to disappear
: after a few day's riding. I applied it according to the instructions. I have
: applied it about three times since the initial degreasing and application.
: Am I doing something wrong here? Anyone had success with it?

No. That's what it does. A complete waste of money.

Maybe ok in California or in a heatwave here. Maybe.

I use a thick oil in winter and a light "dry" lube in summer. Works
fine.

Arthur

--
Arthur Clune http://www.clune.org
- Paulina Borsook
Old January 19th 04, 11:14 AM
Dave Larrington

It's a waster of time, money and space IME. Derailleur mice thrive on it.

P.S. Has anyone ever tried putting their chain in a cloth bag or two and
rinsing (following a lengthy soaking in degreaser, obv.) it in the washing
machine?

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Old January 19th 04, 01:48 PM
Arthur Clune

Dave Larrington wrote:

: P.S. Has anyone ever tried putting their chain in a cloth bag or two and
: rinsing (following a lengthy soaking in degreaser, obv.) it in the washing
: machine?

Given that chains cost not very much and washing machines are expensive?

No.

Arthur