Fenders are for sissies, but they keep your back dry when the roadswet

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 27th 08, 01:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Fenders are for sissies, but they keep your back dry when the roadswet

I got a funny look the other day for having a traditional set of
fenders on my bicycle, but I didn't care, the road was wet and I
didn't have a wet strip of dirt up my back. So in the grocery store I
got into a conversation about bicycles and the clerk said "I don't
think bicycles are such a good alternative to a car, because I get my
back all wet when it rains." There you have it, a whole new generation
that never owned a bicycle with fenders. I'm old enought to remember
when all bicycles had fenders. No extra charge.

why are there no fenders? Jon Bendtsen Recumbent Biking 3 May 4th 08 06:40 PM
coming back from downtime - sore left back side - cause? Paul General 1 May 18th 07 06:45 PM
Fenders chuck Recumbent Biking 3 December 22nd 06 11:21 PM
What fenders will fit? Buck General 9 February 22nd 06 12:20 PM
Sissies Afraid of a Razor? Tom Kunich Racing 14 July 13th 05 07:01 PM