You may wonder...

Old January 24th 13, 11:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_4_]

Default You may wonder...

....why Spanish riders always do so well at the Vuelta.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...-in-Spain.html
Old January 24th 13, 11:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

atriage a écrit profondement:

| ...why Spanish riders always do so well at the Vuelta.

| http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...-in-Spain.html

This drug business is like a freaking dripping tap

Time we hired a plumber.

Phatty might fill the bill.

Afterall, all you need to be a plumber is that **** don't run
uphill and payday's on Friday.

--
Davey Crockett
Flying the Flag of the English
Old January 24th 13, 10:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_4_]

On 24/01/2013 11:32, Davey Crockett wrote:
atriage a écrit profondement:

| ...why Spanish riders always do so well at the Vuelta.

| http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...-in-Spain.html

This drug business is like a freaking dripping tap

Time we hired a plumber.

Phatty might fill the bill.

Afterall, all you need to be a plumber is that **** don't run
uphill and payday's on Friday.

I'm not sure if *only* one payday a week is enough for a venal piece of
rubbish like Phats, or his mentor Verwanken for that matter.
Old January 24th 13, 11:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Steve Freides[_2_]

You have to wonder how one could _not_ do drugs and hope to be
successful - maybe we really should let them all dope. So far, 99.99%
of them are still alive and apparently quite healthy, their "dangerous"
medicinal practices not withstanding.

-S-

Old January 25th 13, 02:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

"Steve Freides" a écrit profondement:

| You have to wonder how one could _not_ do drugs and hope to be
| successful - maybe we really should let them all dope. So far, 99.99%
| of them are still alive and apparently quite healthy, their "dangerous"
| medicinal practices not withstanding.

Maybe you're right.

And deep down I'm not entirely sure this is the not the way to go.

But if it is possible by whatever means to eliminate or reduce the
incidences of doping in all sports, we shuld not let up the
pressure and take the aforementioned "Last Resort" option.

Old January 25th 13, 01:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Steve Freides[_2_]

Davey Crockett wrote:
"Steve Freides" a écrit profondement:

You have to wonder how one could _not_ do drugs and hope to be
successful - maybe we really should let them all dope. So far,
99.99% of them are still alive and apparently quite healthy, their
"dangerous" medicinal practices not withstanding.

Maybe you're right.

And deep down I'm not entirely sure this is the not the way to go.

But if it is possible by whatever means to eliminate or reduce the
incidences of doping in all sports, we shuld not let up the
pressure and take the aforementioned "Last Resort" option.

There must be a "risk versus reward" thing at play here. My guess, and
it's only a guess, is that doping is, indeed, more rampant in
professional distance bicycling than in other sports, perhaps because it
makes more of a difference there than elsewhere. If that's the case,
perhaps a middle ground is to allow some things, e.g., allow someone to
store and reinject their own blood. It's not a drug, after all.

-S-

Old January 25th 13, 07:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq·

"atriage" wrote in message
b.com...
On 25/01/2013 13:21, Steve Freides wrote:

There must be a "risk versus reward" thing at play here. My guess, and
it's only a guess, is that doping is, indeed, more rampant in
professional distance bicycling than in other sports, perhaps because it
makes more of a difference there than elsewhere.

Bingo!

NO OTHER professional 'sport' puts greater demands on physical
endurance then professional cycling athletes and the grand tours.

PERIOD! These are the most elite athletes ever. Even a one or two
percentage advantage makes minutes worth of difference overall in
a grand tour. So, of course, they go for it.

I still say let's have a professional cycling "open class" where nothing
is prohibited. No restrictions on the bike other than it must be completely
human powered and no restrictions on the athletes other than they must
breathe the atmosphere as is where is (no extra oxygen).

--
Sir Gregory

Old January 25th 13, 10:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article ,
"Steve Freides" wrote:

Davey Crockett wrote:
[...]

It is rampant in all professional sports.
FIFA manages their image better than UCI.
See the problem here? Nobody, even on usenet,
is going to get any traction exposing dope
taking in futbol.

--
Michael Press