Mountain lion stalks mountain biker video

Old October 24th 15, 11:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Mountain lion stalks mountain biker video

Mountain lion stalks mountain biker video:
http://www.chainreactionhub.com/late...in-biker-video

Andre Jute
My bicycling page, no mountain lions, is at: http://coolmainpress.com/BICYCLING.html
Old October 25th 15, 12:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jakob Krieger

- Andre Jute / Sun, 25 Oct 2015 00:49:24 +0200

Mountain lion stalks mountain biker video:
http://www.chainreactionhub.com/late...in-biker-video

Andre Jute
My bicycling page, no mountain lions, is at: http://coolmainpress.com/BICYCLING.html

Mountan Lion has already been replaced by
Mavericks, Yosemite, and El Capitan.

jk

--
no sig
Old October 25th 15, 07:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Sunday, October 25, 2015 at 12:04:42 AM UTC+1, Jakob Krieger wrote:
- Andre Jute / Sun, 25 Oct 2015 00:49:24 +0200

Mountain lion stalks mountain biker video:
http://www.chainreactionhub.com/late...in-biker-video

Andre Jute
My bicycling page, no mountain lions, is at: http://coolmainpress.com/BICYCLING.html

Mountan Lion has already been replaced by
Mavericks, Yosemite, and El Capitan.

jk

--
no sig

Tell that to Steve Jobs.

Andre Jute
You may borrow my ouija board
Old October 25th 15, 08:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Sat, 24 Oct 2015 15:49:24 -0700 (PDT), Andre Jute
wrote:

Mountain lion stalks mountain biker video:
http://www.chainreactionhub.com/late...in-biker-video

Here kitty kitty. We have those in the area.
http://santacruzpumas.org
I've seen a few, but at much greater distances.

Judging by the position of the cat's upright ears and lack of a
crouching position, she was more curious than aggressive. My
guess(tm) is about 2 years old. She only started snarling when the
rider made some loud noises. Some hints:
http://wildernessarena.com/dangers/animals/other-dangerous-animals/mountain-lion-danger-and-defense-against-attack

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old October 25th 15, 11:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

wrote:

Mountain lion stalks mountain biker video:
http://www.chainreactionhub.com/late...in-biker-video

Here kitty kitty. We have those in the area.
http://santacruzpumas.org
I've seen a few, but at much greater distances.

Judging by the position of the cat's upright ears and lack of a
crouching position, she was more curious than aggressive. My
guess(tm) is about 2 years old. She only started snarling when the
rider made some loud noises. Some hints:
http://wildernessarena.com/dangers/animals/other-dangerous-animals/mountain-lion-danger-and-defense-against-attack

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Tell Joerg. He's the one the mountain lions consider cute enough to eat.

Andre Jute
Old October 25th 15, 03:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joe Riel

wrote:

Mountain lion stalks mountain biker video:
http://www.chainreactionhub.com/late...in-biker-video

Here kitty kitty. We have those in the area.
http://santacruzpumas.org
I've seen a few, but at much greater distances.

Judging by the position of the cat's upright ears and lack of a
crouching position, she was more curious than aggressive. My
guess(tm) is about 2 years old. She only started snarling when the
rider made some loud noises. Some hints:
http://wildernessarena.com/dangers/animals/other-dangerous-animals/mountain-lion-danger-and-defense-against-attack

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Tell Joerg. He's the one the mountain lions consider cute enough to eat.

Haven't seen any posts from Joerg for a while. Nothing in the
morning paper, but he's way up north ...

--
Joe Riel
Old October 25th 15, 05:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Sun, 25 Oct 2015 04:50:15 -0700 (PDT), Andre Jute
wrote:

Tell Joerg. He's the one the mountain lions consider cute enough to eat.
Andre Jute

Mountain lions would probably not consider eating Jeorg. He has no
taste.

"Man killed by mountain lion; cyclists also attacked in California"
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2004-01-09-mountain-lion_x.htm

Mountain lions are ambush predators. They attack from behind and from
above, always without warning. If you come face to face with a
mountain lion, the big cat is either curious, or defending something
(cubs, recent kill, territory, etc) and is unlikely to perform a
frontal attack unless provoked or cornered.

One of the local kids had an interesting story. He was hiking in the
hills above my house and setup camp near one of the big water tanks in
the area. All the tanks leak, which the local critters use for
drinking water. While camping, a young mountain lion plods by, takes
a drink, and then walks up to the kid to sniff. Not knowing what to
do, he assumed that mountain lions are just like a house cat and would
appreciate a back rub and behind the ear scratching. He was right.
The big cat acted quite tame for a few minutes, until it wandered off.
His older sister was hiding in the bushes, looking on in horror.

Speaking of nature, I seem to have a raccoon now digging for food in
my trash cans. Sigh...

Old October 25th 15, 09:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Sunday, October 25, 2015 at 5:06:31 PM UTC, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

"Man killed by mountain lion; cyclists also attacked in California"
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2004-01-09-mountain-lion_x.htm

The decline of sub-editing. Back in the day a lean middle-aged man, a sardonic twist to his face and a cigarette hanging from the corner of his mouth, would on seeing this headline have asked sarcastically, "Are cyclists not men, then?"

Andre Jute
Old October 25th 15, 11:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Sun, 25 Oct 2015 14:55:23 -0700 (PDT), Andre Jute
wrote:

On Sunday, October 25, 2015 at 5:06:31 PM UTC, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

"Man killed by mountain lion; cyclists also attacked in California"
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2004-01-09-mountain-lion_x.htm

The decline of sub-editing. Back in the day a lean middle-aged man,
a sardonic twist to his face and a cigarette hanging from the
corner of his mouth, would on seeing this headline have asked
sarcastically, "Are cyclists not men, then?"
Andre Jute

Is this a rhetorical question? Do you really believe that someone
wearing Spandex, with shaved legs, a foam hat with a camera on top,
high heel shoes without the heels, encrusted with mud, and inviting a
hospital visit by provoking a mountain lion, would even be considered
human, much less "a man"? The general appearance and actions might be
considered perfectly normal to a fellow cyclist, but not to the GUM
(great unwashed masses) who would certainly consider the cyclists
appearance as alien and actions as suicidal. What would you think of
someone wearing one of these?
http://www.fatcyclist.com/2008/11/24/how-not-to-get-eaten-by-a-mountain-lion/
Macho or insane?

Besides, times have changed. It is no longer fashionable for men to
be "tough". These days, men are expected to be "sensitive",
"concerned", and "cool". "Tough" (with or without the cancer stick)
is for low IQ dropouts that lack the skills to fake a more suitable
image.

Incidentally, real men do eat quiche. I had one at a local eatery
yesterday for lunch and it was wonderful. I'll be back for more.

Old October 26th 15, 01:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

The same sub would drawl, "You have some queer friends, Liebermann."

Besides, times have changed. It is no longer fashionable for men to
be "tough". These days, men are expected to be "sensitive",
"concerned", and "cool". "Tough" (with or without the cancer stick)
is for low IQ dropouts that lack the skills to fake a more suitable
image.

You're behind the times. "Sensitive" is no longer enough, you apparently have to be "consensual". I replied that "I was always consensual. My best pickup line was, 'Would you like your sex life enriched beyond your fondest imagination?'"

Incidentally, real men do eat quiche. I had one at a local eatery
yesterday for lunch and it was wonderful. I'll be back for more.

What's quiche? (Now that's a rhetorical question.)

Andre Jute
There or thereabouts