letter to editor

Old February 2nd 18, 01:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default letter to editor

On 2018-02-01 13:07, jbeattie wrote:

... They want to ride to work, the store or wherever on
pavement.

Pavement is no fun.

It takes skill as well as a strong faith, Giorgio!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxKURy2yE64

Note to Mr Berg: try Holy Water on your chain.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old February 2nd 18, 01:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

AMuzi wrote:

Note to Mr Berg: try Holy Water on
your chain.

Ha ha, what? Holy Water something associated
with the Catholic Church?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
Old February 2nd 18, 02:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 2018-02-01 13:07, jbeattie wrote:

The best bang for the buck from a planning standpoint are bike lanes
and adequate education of drivers so they know that bike lanes are
really lanes. Alternately, adequate shoulders or traffic calmed
streets.

I'll take those. What I don't like is fast roads without any shoulder.
Yesterday on the way to the singletrack a delivery van almost
side-swiped my at 50mph.

Let me guess: You were riding right on the edge of the road, right?

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old February 2nd 18, 03:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Fri, 02 Feb 2018 02:22:15 +0100, Emanuel Berg
wrote:

AMuzi wrote:

Note to Mr Berg: try Holy Water on
your chain.

Ha ha, what? Holy Water something associated
with the Catholic Church?

The Buddhists also use Holy Water, generally for the same purposes as
the Catholic Church - sprinkling things - so you have a choice :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old February 2nd 18, 03:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]

On 2018-02-01 13:07, jbeattie wrote:

... They want to ride to work, the store or wherever on
pavement.

Pavement is no fun.

It takes skill as well as a strong faith, Giorgio!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxKURy2yE64

Note to Mr Berg: try Holy Water on your chain.

There's a whole lot of faith in God being exhibited in that video.

Old February 2nd 18, 03:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Ralph Barone wrote:

Note to Mr Berg: try Holy Water on
your chain.

There's a whole lot of faith in God being
exhibited in that video.

OK, I didn't get there was a video refered to
so I thought "Mr Berg" was me! Well, at least
now I understand why I didn't
understand anything...

Old February 2nd 18, 12:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sepp Ruf

On 2018-02-01 13:07, jbeattie wrote:
... They want to ride to work, the store or wherever on
pavement.

Pavement is no fun.

It takes skill as well as a strong faith, Giorgio!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxKURy2yE64

Note to Mr Berg: try Holy Water on your chain.

Anyone feeling inspired to do anything similar with an old folding bike,
please first inspect the entire bike very carefully. (Especially for unholy
water effects inside a chrome-plated handlebar.)

There's a whole lot of faith in God being exhibited in that video.

Even worse, a new, bolshie-atheist affordable 1s Graziella will at best
contain traces of immortable Togliattian "steel" molecules.
http://www.lagraziella.com/en/graziella-store/graziella-bike/graziella-stilelibero1s.html
Old February 2nd 18, 01:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 2/1/2018 9:48 PM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
Ralph Barone wrote:

Note to Mr Berg: try Holy Water on
your chain.

There's a whole lot of faith in God being
exhibited in that video.

OK, I didn't get there was a video refered to
so I thought "Mr Berg" was me! Well, at least
now I understand why I didn't
understand anything...

You asked about Zéfal clean/lube products recently but that
guy on the Graziella seems to have something supernatural
going on.

Old February 2nd 18, 03:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2018-02-01 13:07, jbeattie wrote:

The best bang for the buck from a planning standpoint are bike lanes
and adequate education of drivers so they know that bike lanes are
really lanes. Alternately, adequate shoulders or traffic calmed
streets.

I'll take those. What I don't like is fast roads without any shoulder.
Yesterday on the way to the singletrack a delivery van almost
side-swiped my at 50mph.

Let me guess: You were riding right on the edge of the road, right?

No, not at that spot because I don't consider passing in the lane safe
there. I guess the guy didn't want to wait until there was a chance to
pull far enough across the double-yellow. So he moved over only a tad
because of oncoming traffic and "squeezed through". As usual.

Anyhow, I wrote to the company the van was from. They wrote back that
they'd do something about it. Let's see.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Old February 2nd 18, 03:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2018-02-01 13:07, jbeattie wrote:

... They want to ride to work, the store or wherever on
pavement.

Pavement is no fun.

It takes skill as well as a strong faith, Giorgio!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxKURy2yE64

Crazy. I wonder if the diocese docked him for the cost of the cap that
flew off mid-ride :-)