Bike Share

Old February 6th 18, 09:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andy

Default Bike Share

http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/05/tech...ofo/index.html

I like the bike on the telephone pole.

Andy
Old February 6th 18, 05:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 2/6/2018 12:22 AM, Andy wrote:
http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/05/tech...ofo/index.html

I like the bike on the telephone pole.

Andy

There has been a Lime Bike in my office for about four months. They
dropped it off because they were interested in starting service in my
town. For a long time it was locked and no one could ride it, and I
called them about it but they said it wasn't in their system and there
was no way to use it. Then one day it was unlocked, but I've never seen
it move.

It would be fine for a flat ride around town, but it's extremely heavy.
Also, in a suburban town, most people who need a bicycle to go somewhere
already have one and aren't going to rent one. We also have all the
Apple iBikes being left around town, and I suspect that they are being
used by non-Apple employees (ditto for the Google Bicycles in
neighboring Mountain View). The Apple bicycles are pretty high quality
Mixte bikes.

I think that I would prefer a docked bike share solution. We already
have a problem with people parking bicycles blocking sidewalks and
public areas.