Ride on a Rainy Day Equals Good Excercise but . . .

Old April 6th 09, 07:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DanKMTB

Default Ride on a Rainy Day Equals Good Excercise but . . .

On Apr 6, 2:35*pm, DanKMTB wrote:
On Apr 6, 8:09*am, Peter Cole wrote:

pm wrote:
On Apr 3, 2:22 pm, Erness Wild wrote:
Chalo wrote:
Your grandpa was the bee's knees in his day, Sonny; a real cake-
eater. *He had all the skirts hankering to spoon with him. *He'd have
been a real goof to have his glad rags all besmirched by going without
fenders, see? *So get wise, Sonny.
Chalo
So, you like to attach things to your bicycle with knotted inner
tubes, cool. (not)

In case I need to carry something big and awkward on my rack (like
another bike, or a folding chair, or whatever I pick up that day) I
keep a dozen or so Velcro One-Wraps stored around my seat tube. The
wide kind, like so:

http://www.itapestore.com/index.asp?...=Custom&ID=115

They work much better than nylon cable ties (which fatigue and break
under dynamic loads) or bungie cords (which make up for their limited
range of length, by having too much elasticity.) If you need extra
length just chain more together.

-pm

I get all of those I need wrapped around the produce I buy. For tie
downs, I prefer old inner tubes.- Hide quoted text -

I get those things 1/2"x8", packs of $100 for $6 @ home depot.
Surprisingly strong, and they piggy back together quite nicely. *I use
them from everything from wire ties to holding batteries and cameras
on RC planes.- Hide quoted text -

Whoops... just looked at that site more carefully. "width is at head
of strap". So mine are "3/4". That said, I'm getting $100 of them @
home depot for $6, where 100 through that site costs $50+shipping.
Both velcro brands.