Toe Straps

Old April 3rd 09, 04:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_3_]

Default Toe Straps

wrote:
[...]
I see toe straps for $8.00 on the page your link goes to but I can't
click on them because that darn add for the Power Grips is in the way.
I'm not interested in the Power Grips. Maybe I'll just order the toe
straps sight unseen.[...]

Try clicking on the "x" in the upper right-hand corner of the Power
Grips pop-up window to close it.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
LOCAL CACTUS EATS CYCLIST - datakoll
Old April 3rd 09, 04:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Apr 2, 11:05*pm, Tom Sherman
[...]
I see toe straps for $8.00 on the page your link goes to but I can't
click on them because that darn add for the Power Grips is in the way.
I'm not interested in the Power Grips. Maybe I'll just order the toe
straps sight unseen.[...]

Try clicking on the "x" in the upper right-hand corner of the Power
Grips pop-up window to close it.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
LOCAL CACTUS EATS CYCLIST - datakoll

Thanks Tom.

That "X" kept disappearing when I hovered over it but I finally got it
closed. I should have tried Shift + W to close it. I guess I just
wasn't thinking straight today. Those straps look okay and are very
similar to what I have.

Thanks again from Peter
Old April 3rd 09, 03:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Apr 2, 7:58*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:
There are no local bike shops in Canada??? Of course, you might live
far
away from a population center. But otherwise, check out your local
bike
shop. Chances are they have a box of take-off pedals, with toe clips &
straps, from new bikes where the buyer wanted to go to clipless.
They'll
either sell you the toe clips & straps cheap, or maybe even the entire
setup (pedal with toe clip & strap) for a song.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycleswww.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA- Hide quoted text -

=====================
Hi Mike.

There are three bike shops here in town. Clipless especiallt MTB is
all the rage here and toeclips and/or straps are not to be found
except for some really cheap Chinese made ones that the strap hardly
goes through the buckle of. I even tried the re-cycle bike shop to no
avail.

Cheers from Peter
=====================

But what do the shops do with the cheapie pedals that come stock on many
$1000 mountain bikes when the customer wants them upgraded to clipless?
The more the rage clipless pedals are, the more likely (I would think)
you'd find pedals with toe clips that have come off new bikes. Having
said that, it's fairly common for the less-expensive mountain bikes to
come with pedals without toe clips. It's more of a road bike thing where
the cheapie pedals come with toe clips.

Most bikes at my LBS come with pretty crummy plastic demo pedals these
days. Used to be that they'd come with perfectly decent Wellgo metal
cage pedals with clips. That said--you can still get the same Wellgos
complete with straps for $20 or so at virtually every bike shop.

Old April 3rd 09, 06:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
sergio

On 3 Apr, 03:31, wrote:
I'm in Ontario and I bought some of those real crappy Canadian Tire
toe straps and clips. I had a devil of a time getting the strap
through the buckle and it did not want to release when the buckle was
opened.

Problem is that you need a well designed clamp (with roller) and a
good quality calibrated leather strap.
Find me the clamps and I'll get you the straps.

Sergio
Pisa
Old April 6th 09, 08:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Apr 3, 1:14*pm, Sergio wrote:
On 3 Apr, 03:31, wrote:

I'm in Ontario and I bought some of those real crappy Canadian Tire
toe straps and clips. I had a devil of a time getting the strap
through the buckle and it did not want to release when the buckle was
opened.

Problem is that you need a well designed clamp (with roller) and a
good quality calibrated leather strap.
Find me the clamps and I'll get you the straps.

Sergio
Pisa

Hi there and thanks to all.

I just won an auction on Ebay for *THREE* pairs of Cateye nylon
toestraps for $0.99 plus $5.81 postage and shipping. I remember having
these many years ago and they were okay. SO I guess I'm all set for
now.

Cheers from Peter
Old April 6th 09, 08:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Nick L Plate

Just bought three pair of SPD type pedals for £1.50 a pair. I think
I'd have got ten if they had them.

TJ

Three velcro straps sufficient? Claus Assmann General 15 December 19th 09 07:25 PM
foot straps Coach UK 36 December 13th 06 06:32 PM
fs: Toe-Straps Mike Marketplace 0 July 28th 06 06:24 PM
Grr...polar HRM straps dtmeister Australia 11 April 7th 06 11:31 PM
Q: old helmet straps toobdood General 10 August 21st 03 11:03 PM