Small Pedal-Electric Vehicles

Old April 7th 09, 03:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_3_]

Default Small Pedal-Electric Vehicles

Ron Ruff wrote:

[...] As another example
something I advocate is making the roads safe for commuting via very
small and efficient electic vehicles. Traffic congestion, noise, and
polution would be greatly reduced, while reducing expense and energy
use.[...]

Cool!
http://www.go-one.us/Pictures_of_go-one3.html,
http://www.twike.us/.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
LOCAL CACTUS EATS CYCLIST - datakoll
Old April 7th 09, 04:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DanKMTB

On Apr 6, 10:23*pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Ron Ruff wrote:

* [...] As another example
* something I advocate is making the roads safe for commuting via very
* small and efficient electic vehicles. Traffic congestion, noise, and
* polution would be greatly reduced, while reducing expense and energy
* use.[...]

Cool!
http://www.go-one.us/Pictures_of_go-one3.html,
http://www.twike.us/.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
LOCAL CACTUS EATS CYCLIST - datakoll

I've wanted an electric assist go-one for some time now. Cost is just
too high. If they get down to 5K, or my income doubles, sign me up.
Heck, loaded for 5K without e-assist would work for me, I could do the
e-assist bit on my own. Over 10K with options before e-assist is just
a bit pricey for me.
Old April 7th 09, 11:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_3_]

DanKMTB wrote:
On Apr 6, 10:23 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Ron Ruff wrote:

[...] As another example
something I advocate is making the roads safe for commuting via very
small and efficient electic vehicles. Traffic congestion, noise, and
polution would be greatly reduced, while reducing expense and energy
use.[...]

Cool!
http://www.go-one.us/Pictures_of_go-one3.html,
http://www.twike.us/.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
LOCAL CACTUS EATS CYCLIST - datakoll

I've wanted an electric assist go-one for some time now. Cost is just
too high. If they get down to 5K, or my income doubles, sign me up.
Heck, loaded for 5K without e-assist would work for me, I could do the
e-assist bit on my own. Over 10K with options before e-assist is just
a bit pricey for me.

The problems with the current vehicles is that they are hand assembled
in small volume (cars built similarly are often $150K plus). If the
Go-One was built at a rate of 50K/year, the price would likely drop to
$2K, even with expensive European, Japanese or NA labor.

Old April 7th 09, 01:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DanKMTB

On Apr 7, 6:22*am, Tom Sherman
wrote:
DanKMTB wrote:
On Apr 6, 10:23 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Ron Ruff wrote:

[...]

LOCAL CACTUS EATS CYCLIST - datakoll- Hide quoted text -

I agree. And if it became popular enough for mass production, I'd own
one. So would a few others I know. Gotta figure if I know of a few,
and you know of a few, there are a bunch. It's a chicken/egg problem
of sorts.
Old April 7th 09, 04:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

On Apr 7, 5:50*am, DanKMTB wrote:
On Apr 7, 6:22*am, Tom Sherman
wrote:

DanKMTB wrote:
On Apr 6, 10:23 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Ron Ruff wrote:

[...]

of sorts.- Hide quoted text -

The problem is that just a "few others that you know" would buy one.
People who want an electric car want a car and not a bike. People who
want a bike get a bike. Dragging around a giant plastic, enclosed
carapace is not my idea of fun, at least not in a hilly area like
PDX.

Personally, I think bikes are fine just the way they are and that the
engineering effort should go in to making a plug-in car that the old
and infirm (viz. those who are not double jointed) can get in to and
drive at reasonable road speeds. The people driving to work every day
are not want-to-be cyclists just looking for the right recumbent.
They are motorists. They will always be motorists. They are the ones
who approach you in the break room while eating a doughnut and tell
you how dangerous it must be to ride a bike to work and how they just
missed smashing some guy/gal who did something heinous in traffic.
Their butts see the top of the saddle only when they are at the beach
rental house. -- Jay Beattie.
Old April 8th 09, 02:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_3_]

Jay Beattie wrote:
[...]
[...]

All the more reason why these people should be in a vehicle that would
dramatically lower the death toll of domestic animals, wild animals and
bipedal primates from roadkill. People need to learn less is more,
whether they want to or not.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
LOCAL CACTUS EATS CYCLIST - datakoll

SRAM or nuvinci electric pedal asssist G.fried Techniques 85 December 28th 08 07:46 PM
electric bikes with small wheels ? [email protected] General 4 August 9th 07 06:13 AM
Are pedal cycles 'Vehicles' ? OG UK 22 February 16th 07 04:38 PM
Pedal Powered Vehicles Workshop eddiec Australia 7 January 20th 06 05:46 AM
Melb: Pedal Powered Vehicles Workshop cfsmtb Australia 0 December 17th 05 12:06 AM