handle safety question

Old August 29th 03, 03:13 AM
Max_Dingemans

Default handle safety question

Almost a year of use, totally uncountable falls and UPD's, and no
problems for me. Im not worried about it at all.

--
Max_Dingemans - Hey Look, who's that?

"And when the sky darkens and the prospect is war
Who's given the gun and then pushed to the fore
And expected to die for the land of our birth
Though we've never owned one lousy handful of earth"
Max_Dingemans's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1981

Old August 29th 03, 03:21 AM
U-Turn

It used to scrape my leg on forward dismounts; when I trimmed it a
little (about 1/2 an inch?) that problem stopped. I think that it's no
more dangerous than falls than a pedal. Probably less so.

Having an end cap on it is the right thing to do.

--
U-Turn - Mounting a Revolution

Weep in the dojo... laugh in the battlefield.

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'

-- Dave Stockton

Old August 29th 03, 07:25 AM
Mikefule

The worst problem I have with my handle is on simple forward dimounts
where I land on my feet. Occasionally, the end of the handle hits my
left Achilles tendon. Ouch.

Get a tennis ball, cut a 3/4 inch diameter hole in it and slide it over
the end of the handle.

--
Mikefule - Roland Hope School of Unicycling

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we
fall."
Confucius