limerick

Old January 27th 05, 12:52 PM
Edward Dolan

Default limerick

"Richard Sherratt" wrote in
message news
On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:08:21 +1000, Tamyka Bell
wrote:

With PhD set to delay
I logged on to usenet today
I read lots of crap
By that "Ed the Great" chap
Who can write much with nothing to say

There you go, now you're the star of a limerick, you're famous Mr Ed.

Who?

Your kill file is your friend, Tamyka. Plonk them. Stick them in the
Bozo bin. They won't go away, but you can't see them :-)

Tamyka strikes me as the kind of person who can take care of herself without
you running interference for her. After all, she thinks she is just as good
as any man. So let her prove it and not act like most women who cut and run
at the first sign of trouble.

Every sentence of mine just reeks with meanings with many avenues to
explore, but it takes an intelligent mind to see this. Sorry Richard, even
though your poetry is not half bad, you are too much into yourself to give
the requisite attention to my posts, to plumb them for their hidden wisdom
and great profundities. But that is ever the lot of great thinkers like
myself. I am resigned to it. Only God knows what to think about me. I sit at
His Right Hand and as a result I know many things that others can only dream
about.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old January 27th 05, 01:05 PM
Edward Dolan

"Tamyka Bell" wrote in message
With PhD set to delay
I logged on to usenet today
I read lots of crap
By that "Ed the Great" chap
Who can write much with nothing to say

There you go, now you're the star of a limerick, you're famous Mr Ed.

But who cares about being famous on AB. Australia is a backwater. You should
have posted your humble effort to ARBR where I am well known and well
thought of. They think I am a genius and they are not far from wrong. I will
file your hymn of praise to me along with the many others that I receive
daily. A lessor being would let all this attention go to his head, but I am
modest and humble along with my many other virtues.

Old January 27th 05, 01:19 PM
Edward Dolan

"flyingdutch" wrote in
message ...

Tamyka Bell Wrote:
With PhD set to delay
I logged on to usenet today
I read lots of crap
By that "Ed the Great" chap
Who can write much with nothing to say

There you go, now you're the star of a limerick, you're famous Mr Ed.

Mr Ed... talkin crap...
Ergo, the question must be asked...

How does a horse type?

and just what is he so 'Great' at???

Great is a relative term. I am only Great by comparison with the likes of
you and others of your ilk. But I decided upon Great because why should only
murderers and tyrants be entitled to that appellation. Darius, Alexander,
Peter, etc. - murderers all. Since I have never yet murdered anyone, I feel
I am entitled to the term more than any of those others.