Broken Bones

Old August 9th 05, 09:05 PM
Duffle

Default Broken Bones

I hyperextended my foot hopping onto a rock no higher than a curb and
couldn't ride for about a week. Injuries like that are so
depressing...

One sliiiight fracture going off a rock about a 1' tall some time last
year. I'm still confused about that one. Falls happen at the strangest
times.

And of course, I've broken my unicycles too.

--
Duffle
Duffle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9239

Old August 9th 05, 09:17 PM
MERCYME

I sprained my wrist trying to ride seat in front a while back. Didn't
go to the hospital though.

I also sprained my foot, right between the big toe and the toe next to
the big toe, and a little bit above that, picture is below. Heres how
it happened. I was at the beach trying to skim board. I had never done
it before and my friend wanted me to try it. I must have done something
wrong because my foot bent all the in. Immediately it swelled up. So
we hop into the car and go to the hospital. I wait in the ER for a
while. They take some X-Rays. They said they couldn't see a break but
it would be best if I went home and went to a orthopedic doctor. I was
about 4 hours away from home. so we get an appoitment to go to the
doctors on thursday. Sunday is when we scheduled the appoitment. So I
am hopping around the board walk on cruches for the next 3 days. We get
to the doctors on thursday morning. He tells me to try walking on it.
I hadn't walked on it at all since i hurt it so I didn't realize that I
actually could walk on it. It only hurt a little when I walked on it.
he tells me I don't need cruches, I don't need surgery and I don't need
a cast.

Heres a picture of where it sprained (this was taken today, I had
sprained it about a month ago.

| Attachment filename: foot.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/346882|

MERCYME - King without a crown

'Gallery' (gallery.unicyclist.com/danpics)
AIM-Mr Mercy3

"Your like water for my soul When it gets thirsty"-Matisyahu

oogen7543(att)yahoo(dot)com
MERCYME's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9764

Old August 9th 05, 10:12 PM
unick 8133

i have been alive for 13 years and unicycling for 2 months and i have
never ever ever broken a bone in my whole body, or had any concussions
or sprains

my dad is 58 years old and he has also never broken a bone

--
unick 8133
unick 8133's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10398

Old August 9th 05, 11:00 PM
arcane

I've never broken a bone in my life, pain in "sensitive places" had it,
asphalt in my hands, had that too, but never a broken bone.

I hope it stays that way.

--
arcane - See my power!

I refuse to enter a battle of wits with an unarmed man. -Unknown
arcane's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10051

Old August 10th 05, 01:14 AM
entropy

The one time I didn't wear leg pads (I was riding to class), my
tied-but-too-long left shoelace got caught in the hub and stopped me
short suddenly. I slammed down hard just below my left knee, and the
resulting sprain permanently changed the way my knee works. For the
worse. Ick.

--
entropy - life in balance
entropy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5816

Old August 10th 05, 02:12 AM
David_Stone

I've never broken any bones, period. And I've never required surgery for
a uni injury. In fact, the opposite: I rode to work minutes after my
vasectomy. [It wasn't the most fun I've ever had on one wheel, but it
was a point of pride.]

I don't believe I've ever seriously sprained anything while uni'ing, tho
recently I injured a finger ligament (of all things) when i slipped off
while mounting a Coker. The injury required some mild therapy, but it's
no big deal. I've had a few falls (esp when learning to wheel walk) that
caused wrist pain which could have been mild sprains, but I never
received medical att'n, so I'm not sure.

Those x-rays you guys have submitted are AMAZING, as are the stories. I
think Dustin wins for domestic and Ken wins for international. Maybe not
'wins'

--
David_Stone

Dictator for Life,
NYUC
David_Stone's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3834

Old August 19th 05, 06:19 AM
dustin

David_Stone wrote:
*
Those x-rays you guys have submitted are AMAZING, as are the stories.
I think Dustin wins for domestic and Ken wins for international. Maybe
not 'wins' *

you're right, "loser" is more appropriate. I had my third surgery back
in December...haven't been on a trail since November. I'm still too weak
to do the kind of riding that I would like...it bites.

--
dustin - feeling good about myself & others

'dustin kelm' (http://www.dustin.kelm.com)
isa40:30.31

"You are only limited by your imagination."
dustin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/920

Old August 19th 05, 07:46 AM
caw89

Sry i dont have any x-rays for yall, but yes i have, I broke my; Finger
twice, my left foot, my left ankle, my right big toe.......and I spraine
my ankle half a dozen times a year, and get scared up pretty badly and
bruised up, my worst bruising was when i first did vert ramps......

--
caw89 - Cody

'Cody's Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Codys-Gallery)

'sixsixone' (http://sixsixone.com/)

AIM: unicaw89
caw89's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8228

Old August 19th 05, 07:51 AM
caw89

Krashin'Kenny wrote:
*I am pleased to say that after 8 months of unicycling, I haven't had
any serious injuries YET!!!!!!!
However : bicycling= broken hand, dislocated shoulder

dirtbike= broken hand, 2 dislocated fingers, broken
neck (twice, first time C1, second time C7) 3 concussions
All these injuries were on seperate occassions, so much for aging
gracefully *

Now i know why your crash tested....but ive had more concusions