Ride on a Rainy Day Equals Good Excercise but . . .

Old April 4th 09, 01:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Carl Sundquist

Default Ride on a Rainy Day Equals Good Excercise but . . .

Erness Wild wrote:
so . . . for my grandparents.

Too bad you are so insecure.
Old April 4th 09, 03:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Erness Wild wrote:

Well it was raining all morning but slowed to a light drizzle,
so I took the chance to go for a ride. It was great to be out again.
Only I took a bike that had no fenders and now I've got a nice mud
stripe up the back of my coat. Too bad the ones with fenders look,
so . . . for my grandparents.

You've got the wrong fenders. Or possibly the wrong grandparents.

The right fenders:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rcousine/3410903558/

Old April 4th 09, 04:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_3_]

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 12:46:32 -0700 (PDT), Chalo
wrote:
Your grandpa was the bee's knees in his day, Sonny; a real cake-
eater. He had all the skirts hankering to spoon with him. He'd have
been a real goof to have his glad rags all besmirched by going without
fenders, see? So get wise, Sonny.

Yeah, but as they said in the April 1909 issue of my club's
newsletter: "It does not pay to flirt with the girls at Rockville
Center, does it Schuber?"

http://www.crca.net/wp/wp-content/up...ril1909064.pdf

Who knew JFT was that old?

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
LOCAL CACTUS EATS CYCLIST - datakoll
Old April 4th 09, 05:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Carl Sundquist

wrote:
Your grandpa was the bee's knees in his day, Sonny; a real cake-
eater. He had all the skirts hankering to spoon with him. He'd have
been a real goof to have his glad rags all besmirched by going without
fenders, see? So get wise, Sonny.

Yeah, but as they said in the April 1909 issue of my club's
newsletter: "It does not pay to flirt with the girls at Rockville
Center, does it Schuber?"

http://www.crca.net/wp/wp-content/up...ril1909064.pdf

Who knew JFT was that old?

Are you saying that JFT and Fogle have known each other for centuries?
Old April 4th 09, 07:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ryan Cousineau

wrote:
Your grandpa was the bee's knees in his day, Sonny; a real cake-
eater. He had all the skirts hankering to spoon with him. He'd have
been a real goof to have his glad rags all besmirched by going without
fenders, see? So get wise, Sonny.

Yeah, but as they said in the April 1909 issue of my club's
newsletter: "It does not pay to flirt with the girls at Rockville
Center, does it Schuber?"

http://www.crca.net/wp/wp-content/up...ril1909064.pdf

Who knew JFT was that old?

Are you saying that JFT and Fogle have known each other for centuries?

Dear Carl, page 7:

"Jos. Fogler is reported to be after Kramer's cork and will, if
possible, take the championship honors from him. Whether Mr. Fogler can
do the trick or not the attempt will create considerable interest."

Old April 4th 09, 01:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
P. Chisholm

http://www.rei.com/product/697808
Old April 4th 09, 03:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John Forrest Tomlinson

wrote:
Your grandpa was the bee's knees in his day, Sonny; a real cake-
eater. He had all the skirts hankering to spoon with him. He'd have
been a real goof to have his glad rags all besmirched by going without
fenders, see? So get wise, Sonny.

Yeah, but as they said in the April 1909 issue of my club's
newsletter: "It does not pay to flirt with the girls at Rockville
Center, does it Schuber?"

http://www.crca.net/wp/wp-content/up...ril1909064.pdf

Who knew JFT was that old?

My club is 112 years old I think. And I used to belong to an older
cycling club than that.

Old April 4th 09, 11:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Press

In article
,
pm wrote:

On Apr 3, 2:22*pm, Erness Wild wrote:
Chalo wrote:
Your grandpa was the bee's knees in his day, Sonny; a real cake-
eater. *He had all the skirts hankering to spoon with him. *He'd have
been a real goof to have his glad rags all besmirched by going without
fenders, see? *So get wise, Sonny.

Chalo

So, you like to attach things to your bicycle with knotted inner
tubes, cool. (not)

In case I need to carry something big and awkward on my rack (like
another bike, or a folding chair, or whatever I pick up that day) I
keep a dozen or so Velcro One-Wraps stored around my seat tube. The
wide kind, like so:

http://www.itapestore.com/index.asp?...=Custom&ID=115

They work much better than nylon cable ties (which fatigue and break
under dynamic loads) or bungie cords (which make up for their limited
range of length, by having too much elasticity.) If you need extra
length just chain more together.

I use 1/8" to 1/4" braided cotton cord to tie down loads,
but rather than trying to belay the line to the rack
while maintaining tension, I use a bungee cord between
the working end of the line and the rack. Quick to make
fast and quick to remove.

--
Michael Press
Old April 5th 09, 05:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Erness Wild

Not bad, I've never seen that type before. I wonder how they'd look in
clear acrylic?

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
You've got the wrong fenders. Or possibly the wrong grandparents.

The right fenders:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rcousine/3410903558/

--
A website is a place, where, when you go there, it does everything
possible to distract you, from finding the information you came there
Old April 5th 09, 05:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Erness Wild

Looks kind of flimsy on the attachment side. I'm sure you would also
need a mud flap on the front, but it probably couldn't take the added
mass.