Showers Pass jacket anyone?

Old April 10th 09, 04:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Showers Pass jacket anyone?

Jay Beattie wrote:

These days, I might consider a light wind breaker and a long
sleeve light weight wool or poly jersey

Well here is my other option..... a Marmot wind shell
that converts to a wind vets as well

Then carry a rain cape IF needing rain protection

You think that a better option/system?
Old April 10th 09, 05:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

On Apr 9, 8:12*pm, wrote:
Jay Beattie wrote:
These days, I might consider a light wind breaker and a long
sleeve light weight wool or poly jersey

Well here is my other option..... a Marmot wind shell
that converts to a wind vets as well

Then carry a rain cape IF needing rain protection

You think that a better option/system?

Sounds good, but I am not a fan of rain capes, YMMV -- some people on
this NG really like them. Where are you riding and how much rain do
you anticipate. I met up with a couple guys on a long tour who were
using Hefty trash bags with arm/head holes and bread bags on their
feet. That was fine for a one-day rain storm. Touring around the PNW,
I prefer a real rain jacket.

Also, if you do buy the Showers Pass jacket, you will have a nice
rain jacket after your tour. It is a good jacket, one of the best one
on the market. -- Jay Beattie.
Old April 10th 09, 07:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Hank Wirtz

On Apr 9, 9:16*am, wrote:
Hank Wirtz wrote:
All in all, nice jacket. Very waterproof.

Could wear it on a daily basis as a wind shell? *Or is
it just too heavy for that?

Touring model is probably too heavy. I only wear it if there's greater
than 50% chance of rain, or below 40 degrees..

Showers Pass Elite rain jacket mens large Mike Marketplace 0 January 31st 08 09:23 PM
Showers at buc? Eddbmxdude Unicycling 6 April 24th 06 08:06 PM
showers Zebee Johnstone Australia 9 December 26th 05 06:30 AM
Photos: Markleeville, Ebbetts Pass, Monitor Pass... amazing cycling/photo conditions this past weekend [email protected] Rides 0 May 26th 05 09:48 AM
FA: Biemme Cycling Jacket, Sequoia Winter Jacket/Vest. Size Large toronto-rider Marketplace 2 November 8th 04 02:58 PM