Anybody cycling on the south coast?

Old November 3rd 03, 12:18 PM
Simon Mason

Default Anybody cycling on the south coast?

If so, what's the wind like today?
Simon

Old November 3rd 03, 12:59 PM
Ian

Simon Mason must be edykated coz e writed:

If so, what's the wind like today?
Simon

Tis windy in Kent, but fine on 3 wheels.

--
Ian

http://www.catrike.co.uk

Old November 3rd 03, 01:06 PM
Simon Mason

"Ian" wrote in message
Simon Mason must be edykated coz e writed:

If so, what's the wind like today?
Simon

Tis windy in Kent, but fine on 3 wheels.

Only asked because on http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

the light vessel off Dover is showing 45 mph constant winds
Simon

Old November 3rd 03, 01:09 PM
Ian

"Ian" wrote in message
Simon Mason must be edykated coz e writed:

If so, what's the wind like today?
Simon

Tis windy in Kent, but fine on 3 wheels.

Only asked because on http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

the light vessel off Dover is showing 45 mph constant winds
Simon

Spinnaker run out of the estuary, lol. It is about a 4 gusting 5 here.

--
Ian

http://www.catrike.co.uk

Old November 3rd 03, 01:14 PM
Richard Bates

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 12:18:29 -0000, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

If so, what's the wind like today?
Simon

Hardly the south coast but the Midlands is very windy today.

The ducks in sutton park decided that the water in the pond was too
choppy for swimming, and instead preferred to stand on the wall.

On my return route there was a small amount of spray coming off the
pond too.

It took nearly twice as long to get home but this may be because I
haven't ridden my bike for several weeks. A mixture of working too
much, night shifts, general laziness is to blame.

I'm all on target to cycle to work tomorrow.

Love and bib LONGS from Rich x

Old November 3rd 03, 05:05 PM
Peter B

"Simon Mason" wrote in message

If so, what's the wind like today?

Not quite the south coast but according to www.xcweather.co.uk RAF
Cottesmore was 24 gusting 40mph and RAF Wittering 26 gusting 46mph at 15:00.
And me, I was windsurfing on Rutland Water which is pretty much sandwiched
between the two, and yes, it was windy there also.

There are days to ride a bike and others to go windsurfing, only working for
a living spoils things:-)

Pete

Old November 3rd 03, 05:12 PM
[Not Responding]

wrote:

If so, what's the wind like today?
Simon

No wind at all on the way in. I did manage a PB, though. Just put it
down to having a good day

Got up a bit on the way home, though!

Am now going to check on my boat
Old November 3rd 03, 05:57 PM
Nick Kew

In article , one of infinite monkeys
at the keyboard of "Simon Mason" wrote:
If so, what's the wind like today?

Wind? What wind?

We had some of that over the last couple of days, but today it's
gone away again.

--
Things money can usually buy: (1) The Meeja (2) The Courts
(3) A member of parliament (4) A government policy
Old November 3rd 03, 06:47 PM
James Hodson

wrote:

If so, what's the wind like today?

W Sussex, 2 miles inland = quite gentle at 16:45.

James

--
"Sorry mate, I didn't see you" is not a satisfactory excuse.
Old November 3rd 03, 06:53 PM
Richard Goodman

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
If so, what's the wind like today?
Simon

No, but it was certainly windy enough cycling across London this AM. I was
riding my new road bike, however and was delighted at the relative ease with
which I could cut through the wind down on the drops, compared to my MTB
:-)Only drawback with drops is a slightly sore neck though :-(. At this
stage I couldn't imagine touring with drops. Is this going to be a
permanent occupational hazard of road-bike riding or will my neck muscles
get used to it?

Rich