Typical Mountain Biker Gives Driver the Finger, Gets Run Into!

Old November 30th 04, 05:05 PM
Mike Vandeman

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:27:19 -0600, "the Moderator"
wrote:

..
.."B i l l S o r n s o n" wrote in message
. ..
.. the Moderator wrote:
.. "MattB" wrote in message
.. ...
.. B i l l S o r n s o n wrote:
.. Mike Vandeman trolled:
..
..
.. This guy deserves a Darwin Award....
..
..
..http://www.thisisguernsey.com/code/s...ticleID=012225
..
..
.. Look at the PICTURE, Mike. It's a ****ING ROAD BIKE, you ****ing
.. moron.
..
.. Only you, so blinded by your bias, would side with someone in a
.. LAND ROVER who assaulted a kid ON THE ROAD and ON A ROAD BIKE.
..
.. Did I mention you're an idiot?
..
.. Sea Kelp.
..
.. The clear solution is to stay off the roads and just ride dirt!
..
.. Matt
..
.. Hmm, I thought the lesson was not to give the finger to people if you
.. are not prepared to back it up.
..
.. Yeah, that 17 year old kid should have punched that Land Rover right in
..the
.. grill.
..
.. Dumfounded,
..
..Or stop giving people the finger.

DUH! Hey, you are too smart to be a mountain biker.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old November 30th 04, 05:06 PM
Mike Vandeman

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 12:48:28 -0800, bri719
wrote:

..the Moderator wrote:
..
..Or stop giving people the finger.
..
..
..
..I, a pedestrian, gave a fellow in a car the middle finger the other day
..and didn't get run over. fancy that...just dumb luck I guess.
..
..he was just ****ed off because he had to stop and let me cross the
..street with the light (a very narrow one at that, took maybe 6 seconds)
..and maybe that he had to drive his beast through a steady drizzle.
..that, and I guess that he was just a total prick who wishes he didn't
..have to obey the rules of the road. the finger was his reward for
..proving he was such a jackass, performing an "exhibition of speed" once
..I was safely on the opposite curb.
..
..why can't we pedestrians be less typical and more loving toward our
..overly aggressive, oppressed brothers who have been unfairly confined to
..an automobile?

BS. It's by CHOICE.

..bri

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Old November 30th 04, 07:48 PM
Scott Ehardt

wrote:

.why can't we pedestrians be less typical and more loving toward our
.overly aggressive, oppressed brothers who have been unfairly confined to
.an automobile?

BS. It's by CHOICE.

sarcasm
n : witty language used to convey insults or scorn; "he used sarcasm to
upset his opponent"; "irony is wasted on the stupid"

--
Scott Ehardt
http://www.scehardt.com

Old November 30th 04, 08:31 PM
bri719

Scott Ehardt wrote:

sarcasm
n : witty language used to convey insults or scorn;

aha ;-) glad someone noticed.

"he used sarcasm to
upset his opponent";

probably true...

"irony is wasted on the stupid"

very true.

when he said BS I thought he was just using my name to get my attention,
so I wasn't too hurt by it.

bri

--

* enjoying the karma *
remove LKJSDFJSD from address to email

Old December 9th 04, 01:07 PM
Gary S.

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 02:29:04 GMT, Mike Vandeman
wrote:

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 17:56:26 -0500, "Goodoz" wrote:

.And I respect their choice. Please respect other's choices to NOT live that
.way.

I don't see any reason to "respect" environmentally destructive choices. Do you?

Their choices are as worthy of respect as YOUR environmentally
destructive choices.

Only an oblivous idiot would be unaware of economic issues that make
living within walking distance of one's workplace impossible for many
Americans. Criticizing people for issues beyond their control makes no
sense.

Learn to see the real world that everyone else lives in, not your
self-defined utopic existence. You give advice and orders to all
without consideration that other people may be in different situations
than you, and that there are few answers which work for all.

Someday, you might have a practical and useful idea, but no one will
care to listen to you because of the way you deal with other people.

But you aren't doing this for the environment, are you?

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA
Old December 9th 04, 01:08 PM
Gary S.

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 02:27:36 GMT, Mike Vandeman
wrote:

You are just rationalizing. Buses always travel on main arterials, which is near
where you should live.

Huh?

All people should live where Mikey wants them to live, never mind any
other factors.

Old December 9th 04, 06:13 PM
Firewalker

wrote:

You are just rationalizing. Buses always travel on main arterials, which
is near
where you should live.

Huh?

All people should live where Mikey wants them to live, never mind any
other factors.

Mike's a wack-job.

Ignore him.

The responses simply feed his ego, and his deluded sensibilities.

Ignore him.

He'll eventually get the hint, and like a fart, disipate.