these pedals suck!

Old August 16th 05, 08:23 PM
caw89

Default these pedals suck!

How many inches is that, and no offence, but dont knock on my dawg
homes!

--
caw89 - Cody

'Cody's Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Codys-Gallery)

'sixsixone' (http://sixsixone.com/)

AIM: unicaw89
caw89's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8228

Old August 16th 05, 08:29 PM
Butty

yer but i wanted to see what i could do and i ****ed on his cornflakes
its bout 44.5"

--
Butty - bout level 5/6-121cm sidehop

yer you're right, but only when i say you are )-o
Butty's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10093

Old August 16th 05, 08:31 PM
fexnix

[threadjack] Can you really sidehop that high? If you can your my new
hero! [/threadjack]

--
fexnix - 75 cm sidehop

'*My fresh gallery*' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Fexnix-album)
'knarkargänget' (http://surl.se/elt)
fexnix's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7381

Old August 16th 05, 08:50 PM
Butty

as u said 'sidehop' i went and done a side hop, a hop to the side i
think i can only get bout 55cm high so i congratulate u there mate thats
an impressive hop. and just out of interest what size wheel is that done
on? cheers

Old August 16th 05, 10:00 PM
fexnix

pwned n00b

Old August 16th 05, 10:36 PM
john_childs

halfbike wrote:
*That's crazy. You could have gotten hurt really badly if you had
been doing somthing crazy like a big drop. *

If you're doing big drops that have consequences and haven't noticed
that your cheap pedals aren't strong enough then yeah, you could get
hurt. If you're doing drops onto things like elevated structures where
a broken pedal could lead to a bad fall then you probably ought to think
about making sure you have good pedals designed for aggressive riding.
Pedals designed for aggressive BMX riding are the kinds of pedals you
should be looking for.

Stronger pedals are generally more expensive but they don't need to be
super expensive. Stronger pedals will have a spindle made from stronger
steel. Stronger pedals will have a larger diameter spindle that doesn't
taper off the diameter so quickly. Look at the spindle that broke. The
diameter went down really quickly after the pedal wrench flats. Strong
pedals aren't designed like that.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Gallery: '' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs)
' Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3) 'Click Me'
(http://tinyurl.com/7lvbu)

Old August 17th 05, 11:56 AM
Butty

fexnix wrote:
*pwned n00b *

u can **** off u retard it says sidehop not high jump so shut da f**k up
and go ride a b*ke. nob!

Old August 17th 05, 02:47 PM
fexnix

You should read this:
[image: http://images.amazon.com/images/P/18....LZZZZZZZ.jpg]

Old August 17th 05, 03:24 PM
Loosemoose

Calm down Butty, you obviously misunderstood the stat. Don't rise to
fexnix's bait...

Being totally honest, I side with Butty (reluctantly) here. I would have
assumed a quoted value for sidehop would be the distance, not the
height, so a 75cm sidehop is fairly straightforward. However! A sidehop
that manages to gain 75cm in height is a different matter, and is
definitely cause for some celebration. I'd be interested to know, was it
seat in or out? I'd assume out since I can probably just about pedalgrab
80cm seat in, it must be seat out... Good work anyway Fexnix, i'd love
to see a vid sometime.

Back on topic, its unfortunate that cheap pedals break before expensive
ones, but there you are. You get what you pay for, and I've never paid
less than £30 (bout $50) for a pair of pedals. Both those pairs (only 2
needed) are still in great condition, and rock solid.

Loose.

--
Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
Officially a  & ~ expert.
Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326

Old August 17th 05, 03:41 PM
ChangingLINKS.com

johnfoss wrote:
*Never a broken pedal from hopping or dropping. *

It must be nice.
Breaking pedals is definately a scary feeling.
The only thing I can think of that would be worse is a *complete*
breakage of the seat post.

--
ChangingLINKS.com - member

Drew Brown
'Changing LINKS' (http://www.ChangingLINKS.com)
ChangingLINKS.com's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5468

these pedals suck! byza_dog Unicycling 0 August 16th 05 09:23 AM
Which CHEAP clipless pedals? Bill H. General 13 March 13th 05 02:24 AM
20th USPRO Philly to be the last one?? Ronde Champ Racing 6 June 1st 04 01:55 AM
Equipment Report: Weyless MG-1 pedals Monique Y. Herman Mountain Biking 33 September 17th 03 05:40 PM
The New Pedals Suck! K. J. Papai Racing 0 July 21st 03 08:34 PM