Can Campy Triomphe crankset be use with triple Veloce bottom bracket?

Old October 30th 19, 01:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Can Campy Triomphe crankset be use with triple Veloce bottom bracket?

Just wondering if a Campagnolo Triomphe crankset can be use with a triple Veloce cartridge bottom bracket?

Cheers
Old October 30th 19, 02:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 10/30/2019 7:02 AM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Just wondering if a Campagnolo Triomphe crankset can be use with a triple Veloce cartridge bottom bracket?

Cheers

Wrong taper section. Compare what you want (right) with
modern asian spindle (center):

http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...t/3SPINDLE.JPG

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old October 30th 19, 02:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

On Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 6:43:25 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/30/2019 7:02 AM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Just wondering if a Campagnolo Triomphe crankset can be use with a triple Veloce cartridge bottom bracket?

Cheers

Wrong taper section. Compare what you want (right) with
modern asian spindle (center):

http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...t/3SPINDLE.JPG

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

I'd forgotten how horrible those old tapers were. Sure am glad I'm using bearing cups and FSA cranks. Haven't have a problem since using locktite on the fixing bolt.
Old October 30th 19, 03:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Wednesday, 30 October 2019 09:43:25 UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/30/2019 7:02 AM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Just wondering if a Campagnolo Triomphe crankset can be use with a triple Veloce cartridge bottom bracket?

Cheers

Wrong taper section. Compare what you want (right) with
modern asian spindle (center):

http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...t/3SPINDLE.JPG

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Thanks again Andrew. I thought that might be the case but knew I'd get a quick and informative answer from you if I posted the question here. Fortunately the bicycle I have the Triomphe stuff on and the bicycle I'm thinking of moving it to, both have the same bottom bracket threading.

Cheers
Old October 30th 19, 05:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

On Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 7:57:45 AM UTC-7, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Wednesday, 30 October 2019 09:43:25 UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/30/2019 7:02 AM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Just wondering if a Campagnolo Triomphe crankset can be use with a triple Veloce cartridge bottom bracket?

Cheers

Wrong taper section. Compare what you want (right) with
modern asian spindle (center):

http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...t/3SPINDLE.JPG

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Thanks again Andrew. I thought that might be the case but knew I'd get a quick and informative answer from you if I posted the question here. Fortunately the bicycle I have the Triomphe stuff on and the bicycle I'm thinking of moving it to, both have the same bottom bracket threading.

Cheers

Do you like to ride collectors stuff? One of the guys I do a recovery ride with on Saturdays has a Legnano with fenders and a Vitus if he wants to go "fast". He used to have a DeRosa but sold it off. The reason isn't clear since his wife was having major surgery at the time.
Old October 30th 19, 05:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 10/30/2019 11:41 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
[...]

Neither my 1966 Record Pista (2d owner) nor my 1972 TA
(purchased new) square taper cranks have ever fallen off the
spindle nor failed in any other way and they are still in
sorta daily use (some days one, some days the other).

Write back in 50 years or so about your chinese wonder
cranks and we'll compare service life.