Warm weather bringing out the morons

Old February 23rd 07, 01:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Kristian M Zoerhoff

Default Warm weather bringing out the morons

1. Yesterday afternoon, I'm riding along, when I spot 5 teenagers
walking along the other side of the road approaching me.

"Hey, A**hole!"

What the? I've no idea what prompted this. I should have ignored
it, but was in a foul mood, so I pulled a Baka and confronted
them, resulting in them backing down; no firearms, thankfully.

2. Today, riding down to my father-in-law's, I see a wrong-way
rider coming at me, so I point across the road and shout "Other
side." He shakes his head, and I repeat (yes, I hate wrong-way
riding). He shakes it again, and forces me out into 45 mph
traffic to go around him. He's got an iPod glued into both ears.
OK, so maybe that just makes him a typical teenager, but it
annoys me (too many iPod-addled joggers around here).

Bring back the snow!

--

__o Kristian Zoerhoff
_'\(,_
Old February 23rd 07, 01:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Baka

Kristian M Zoerhoff wrote:
1. Yesterday afternoon, I'm riding along, when I spot 5 teenagers
walking along the other side of the road approaching me.

"Hey, A**hole!"

What the? I've no idea what prompted this. I should have ignored
it, but was in a foul mood, so I pulled a Baka and confronted
them, resulting in them backing down; no firearms, thankfully.

That's what I did to 5 teenagers yesterday. I just rode through the
middle and let them figure out to get out of the way. They did, although
I heard a few "What the?" comments from behind. They weren't looking for
trouble but were blocking my way and only moved when it became apparent
that I wasn't stopping or going around.
If that's pulling a Baka, then I guess I'm guilty of the creation of
that reference.
Living in fear or everything is NOT living.
There seem to be some devout cowards on this group.
I refuse to be in that group.
I have been on the receiving end of a knife once, but the closest I have
come to getting shot was (more than once) cops. At least twice, once
because my car looked like the vehicle description of a robbery getaway
car, and once for burning rubber and interrupting their donut break.
The most dangerous encounters I have had were with cops who think the
badge gives them the right to pull a gun on you, and maybe even shoot
you, then claim he thought you were going for a gun.
Bill Baka
Old February 23rd 07, 03:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bellsouth Ijit 2.0

"Kristian M Zoerhoff" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

No kidding. I love cold foul weather. A part of the reason being it keeps
the wannabe badasses and tourists indoors. July 4th, Halloween, New Year's
Eve, the first warm day in winter all bring out the scum-lemmings.

Old February 23rd 07, 09:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Gooserider

"Bellsouth Ijit 2.0" wrote in message

[...]

I would trade all those "scuim-lemmings" for the guy who keeps passing me
too closely in his HYOOGE Nissan Titan truck.

Old February 23rd 07, 10:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
"Gooserider" writes:

[...]

I'd trade your HYOOGE Nissan Titan truck for those
inconsiderates who drive wide cars like a LeBaron
or Emperial, and tow a little, narrow utility trailer
behind it -- with all sorts of garden tool handles and
2x4's hanging over its right side! And the driver safely
gets his car past you, but you still have this threatening
array of bristling pikes emanating from the trailer, zooming
in right at your face.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

Old February 23rd 07, 02:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Roger Zoul

Bill Baka wrote:
:: Kristian M Zoerhoff wrote:
::: 1. Yesterday afternoon, I'm riding along, when I spot 5 teenagers
::: walking along the other side of the road approaching me.
:::
::: "Hey, A**hole!"
:::
::: What the? I've no idea what prompted this. I should have ignored
::: it, but was in a foul mood, so I pulled a Baka and confronted
::: them, resulting in them backing down; no firearms, thankfully.
::
:: That's what I did to 5 teenagers yesterday. I just rode through the
:: middle and let them figure out to get out of the way.

Now, based on what you're written here, I'd say you were the moron here,
bill.
Why did you not simply ride around them?

Learn the share the ****ing road, bill.

:: There seem to be some devout cowards on this group.
:: I refuse to be in that group.
:: I have been on the receiving end of a knife once, but the closest I
:: have come to getting shot was (more than once) cops. At least twice,
:: once because my car looked like the vehicle description of a robbery
:: getaway car, and once for burning rubber and interrupting their
:: donut break. The most dangerous encounters I have had were with cops
:: who think the badge gives them the right to pull a gun on you, and
:: maybe even shoot you, then claim he thought you were going for a gun.
:: Bill Baka

There's a thin line between coward and moron, apparently.

Old February 23rd 07, 02:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Roger Zoul

Kristian M Zoerhoff wrote:
[...]

Who is the moron here? You actually expected to educate a WWR while riding
down the street, by shouting "Other side"?

What does his having an iPod have to do with anything?

::
::
:: Bring back the snow!
::
::
:: --
::
:: __o Kristian Zoerhoff
:: _'\(,_
:: (_)/ (_)

Old February 23rd 07, 03:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 09:41:47 -0500, "Roger Zoul"
wrote:

Kristian M Zoerhoff wrote:
[...]

Isn't it obvious?

Only a moron would cycle with headphones.
Old February 23rd 07, 03:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bellsouth Ijit 2.0

wrote:

Kristian M Zoerhoff wrote:
[...]

I hear when you buy an iPod and tell the salesperson that you are a cyclist,
he gives you a free "Hit Me" sticker.

Old February 23rd 07, 03:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Roger Zoul

wrote:
:: On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 09:41:47 -0500, "Roger Zoul"
:: wrote:
::
::: Kristian M Zoerhoff wrote:
::::: 1. Yesterday afternoon, I'm riding along, when I spot 5 teenagers
::::: walking along the other side of the road approaching me.
:::::
::::: "Hey, A**hole!"
:::::
[...]

(1) Headphones and earbuds are two different things
(2) one cannot depend on hearing while cycling
(3) only a moron wouldn't understand (1) & (2)