Hot Spot Question

Old July 2nd 08, 09:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Reingold

Default Hot Spot Question

On Jul 1, 1:32*pm, "J Jones" wrote:
I've been using Speedplay Zero pedals and SIDI Ergo shoes for about 4 years,
but late in the season last year I started getting terrible hot spots on my
left foot after anywhere from 10-30 miles ridden. *I replaced the in-sole
with a gel-based Dr. Scholls insole and that helped me finish the year last
year without much discomfort. *However, the hotspots are back with a
vengeance this summer. *My questions a

1. *Should I just replace the insole, and plan on doing it every 6 months or
so?
2. *Are my shoes, pedals, or cleats the issue (i.e., are any/all just 'worn
out')?
3. *Should I be looking at other things - my geometry/fit has not changed at
all in 3 years.

Any help anybody can recommend is appreciated. *BTW: *I'm 6'4" - 195lbs and
like the speeplay pedals due to their 15 degrees float (easy on the knees).
Thanks!
Jeff

What do you mean by hot spots?

I've been experiencing numbness and tingling, which is, in an
inexplicable way, very painful. My doctor sent me to a neurologist who
said it's a mild form of sciatica. My sciatic nerve is being pinched
between the L5 and S1 vertebrae, and he says this can cause numbness
in the sole of the foot. Now I have to go to physical therapy.

I get the numbness while walking or standing, but it's not that
annoying. It can be excruciating while cycling.

I have a theory that changing my saddle or position on the bike or
both could help a lot. But maybe some stretching and strengthening in
physical therapy are what I need.

--
Tom Reingold
Noo Joizy
Old July 3rd 08, 03:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Patrick Lamb

On 02 Jul 2008 18:22:32 GMT, wrote:

SH-TO92 a shoe that seem to have been replaced by an new model under
the shoe heading "Road, Sport, and Touring Shoes".

http://tinyurl.com/3r6g59

I would be nice if Shimano didn't expect those of us with shoe sizes
over 48 to cut off our toes...

Pat

Email address works as is.