Innovation! Patent news

Old November 29th 19, 08:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Innovation! Patent news

https://bikerumor.com/2019/11/25/pat...-e-bikes-more/

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old November 30th 19, 07:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

I have had a BB-hinged folding bike frame in the works for years, though I don't travel often enough to have been motivated to build mine yet.

I find it very unlikely that there isn't a pile of prior art for this patent.
Old November 30th 19, 10:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 11/29/2019 12:06 PM, AMuzi wrote:
https://bikerumor.com/2019/11/25/pat...-e-bikes-more/

While a folding bicycle that requires the removal of the front wheel
might be okay for transporting a bike in the car trunk, they are not
practical for use on public transit. Montague has such a bicycle though
it folds around the seat tube. I have never seen a folding bicycle that
folds around the bottom bracket.

Old November 30th 19, 11:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

Now that 2-piece cranks with cylindrical spindles are a kind of norm, it makes sense to regard the spindle as a possible hinge pin. I've been using BMX cranks with straight spindles for a couple of decades longer than Hollowtech II has been around, so it also makes sense that I thought to do it earlier.

Patent News AMuzi Techniques 3 October 31st 19 06:23 PM
Bicycle security innovation AMuzi Techniques 2 May 20th 16 02:09 AM
innovation risks Frank Krygowski[_2_] Techniques 28 January 20th 14 09:43 PM
Speaking of innovation... Frank Krygowski[_3_] Techniques 17 October 17th 11 09:34 PM
Racing innovation? DirtRoadie Techniques 39 June 3rd 10 06:52 AM