Source for Classic Cycling Prints??

Old September 26th 06, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike the Unshavable

Default Source for Classic Cycling Prints??

Having got some decorating completed, we've now got some bare walls which
would benefit from some cycling pictures / posters / prints.
What I'd like are some monochrome prints of touring / utility cycling
scenes (as found on gettyimages.com) from say, the 30's to the 60's
(arguably the golden age of cycle touring in Europe).
I have found postershop.co.uk who have a good range or racing images, and
what looks like a good framing service.
Any other advice / recomendations from the gallery?
Old September 26th 06, 06:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

In article
Mike the Unshavable wrote:
Having got some decorating completed, we've now got some bare walls which
would benefit from some cycling pictures / posters / prints.
What I'd like are some monochrome prints of touring / utility cycling
scenes (as found on gettyimages.com) from say, the 30's to the 60's
(arguably the golden age of cycle touring in Europe).
I have found postershop.co.uk who have a good range or racing images, and
what looks like a good framing service.
Any other advice / recomendations from the gallery?

Here's a good one :-)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=180030705619

Old September 27th 06, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Thorpe

Mike the Unshavable wrote:

Having got some decorating completed, we've now got some bare walls which
would benefit from some cycling pictures / posters / prints.
What I'd like are some monochrome prints of touring / utility cycling
scenes (as found on gettyimages.com) from say, the 30's to the 60's
(arguably the golden age of cycle touring in Europe).
I have found postershop.co.uk who have a good range or racing images, and
what looks like a good framing service.
Any other advice / recomendations from the gallery?

You could do very much worse than visiting
http://www.patclearyart.co.uk/cyclin...clingindex.htm
for paintings of bike racing
I have a print of "the watercarriers" on my wall, it seems to depict a
golden age of cycling. I just choose to ignore the drugs that were
prevalent then and might be sitting in those jersey pockets.

--
Roger Thorpe

My email address is spamtrapped. You can work it out!
Old September 27th 06, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dan Gregory

Mike the Unshavable wrote:
Having got some decorating completed, we've now got some bare walls which
would benefit from some cycling pictures / posters / prints.
What I'd like are some monochrome prints of touring / utility cycling
scenes (as found on gettyimages.com) from say, the 30's to the 60's
(arguably the golden age of cycle touring in Europe).
I have found postershop.co.uk who have a good range or racing images, and
what looks like a good framing service.
Any other advice / recomendations from the gallery?

Mostly racing such as
http://www.bikekulture.com/cgi-bin/s...BP8-8&start=12
some very good colour posters too ...
All the best
Dan Gregory
Old September 27th 06, 12:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bugbear

Mike the Unshavable wrote:
Having got some decorating completed, we've now got some bare walls which
would benefit from some cycling pictures / posters / prints.

..
..
..
Any other advice / recomendations from the gallery?

http://www.google.com/search?num=20&...ts&btnG=Search

gave some useful looking stuff.

BugBear
Old September 27th 06, 12:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
renton

one photo i would love to have a print of is one i saw in a sports
photography book a few years ago.
it was a side on photo of the finish line of the tour de france ( it
looked as if it was from the mid 80's ) with 3 riders side on just as
they sprinted across the finishing line.
has anyone else seen this and knows who its by?

cheers

stu

Old September 27th 06, 01:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Thorpe

renton wrote:

one photo i would love to have a print of is one i saw in a sports
photography book a few years ago.
it was a side on photo of the finish line of the tour de france ( it
looked as if it was from the mid 80's ) with 3 riders side on just as
they sprinted across the finishing line.
has anyone else seen this and knows who its by?

cheers

stu

That sounds terribly familiar to me, wasn't one of the riders Sean
Kelly, and could you see a sponge down the jersey of one of them?

Old September 27th 06, 01:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Thorpe

renton wrote:

one photo i would love to have a print of is one i saw in a sports
photography book a few years ago.
it was a side on photo of the finish line of the tour de france ( it
looked as if it was from the mid 80's ) with 3 riders side on just as
they sprinted across the finishing line.
has anyone else seen this and knows who its by?

cheers

stu

Ok so I mis-remembered. Not kelly but Hinault. Is it the picture at the
bottom of
http://faculty.rmwc.edu/tmichalik/biking.htm ?

Old September 27th 06, 02:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike the Unshavable

Mike the Unshavable writed in
:

Any other advice / recomendations from the gallery?

Thank you everyone - posters now ordered from art.com

Not exactly what I was after, but an excellent selection (and some classic
railway prints too).
Old September 27th 06, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
renton

Roger Thorpe wrote:

stu

Ok so I mis-remembered. Not kelly but Hinault. Is it the picture at the
bottom of
http://faculty.rmwc.edu/tmichalik/biking.htm ?

its not the one i'm thinking of but its a very good photo all the same,

the one i'm thinking of had 4 riders but only 3 were visible and they
were going from left to right, i think it was taken from the side right
on the finishing line.

cheers

stu

Factsheet - Cycling to School Tom Crispin UK 179 April 30th 06 10:18 PM
Mr. Conflict of Interest Takes Over B. Lafferty Racing 8 April 15th 06 03:35 AM
advisor wanted DD Recumbent Biking 275 December 1st 05 03:16 PM
Wachovia Cycling Series - Come meet the teams! Steve Marketplace 0 May 28th 04 02:46 PM