Any female cyclists out there?

Old July 7th 04, 01:10 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Default Any female cyclists out there?

I'll willingly be another one, all I need is someone to donate a
windcheetah... ;-)

If anyone will donate a Trice, I'll be another one - in the Norfolk outpost ;-)

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old July 7th 04, 01:13 PM
Velvet

Peter Clinch wrote:

Velvet wrote:

Yes, you're right, sorry, had my thoughts interrupted halfway through
writing by a customer :-)

Hey ho. If you had customers that behave like testing a Backup Exec
installation, which involves an awful lot of waiting around to see if
things go wrong, then that would be less of a problem! OTOH, though it
means I have a lot of spare /minutes/ the *hours* have been pretty
appalling lately :-(

Pete.

Yeah, my job's similar sometimes. I work from home (nice) but will
eventually go back on call (not so nice) and even so, when I do go out
to site the hours are long, both on site and in the car there and back...

It does mean that I can sometimes lurk here during the days when work's
not quite so hectic, though not as much as when I was 'actively seeking
employment' like the last few months!!!

--

Velvet
Old July 7th 04, 01:19 PM
Graeme

Velvet wrote in news:qNRGc.157$kI6.1319103
@news-text.cableinet.net:

It does mean that I can sometimes lurk here during the days when work's
not quite so hectic, though not as much as when I was 'actively seeking
employment' like the last few months!!!

Nowt wrong with that. There are few more enlightening and entertaining
displacement activities than perusing and posting to URC.

Now, where did I put that CV?

:-)

Graeme
Old July 7th 04, 01:22 PM
Peter Clinch

Default cycling books (was Any female cyclists out there?)

cityjen wrote:
Peter - is there a general maintenence book you'd recommend, that gives a
great overview of bikes in general, plus specifics (changing tire, etc.).
I'm planning on taking a maintenence class but would love to have - and
recommend - a bookshelf primer.

My maintenance book is a rather old one by Rob van der Plas, and though
I think it's pretty good I could really do with something a bit more up
to date. So I'll throw the same question out to everyone else...

But on the Web, look at the Park Tools repair advice pages at
http://www.parktool.com/repair_help/FAQindex.shtml and
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/ is a goldmine of cycling stuff.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Old July 7th 04, 02:11 PM
Colin Blackburn

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 13:22:57 +0100, Peter Clinch
wrote:

cityjen wrote:
Peter - is there a general maintenence book you'd recommend, that gives
great overview of bikes in general, plus specifics (changing tire,
etc.).
I'm planning on taking a maintenence class but would love to have - and
recommend - a bookshelf primer.

My maintenance book is a rather old one by Rob van der Plas, and though
I think it's pretty good I could really do with something a bit more up
to date. So I'll throw the same question out to everyone else...

I have found latest Haynes manual useful from time to time.

Colin
Old July 7th 04, 02:28 PM
audrey

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 14:11:21 +0100, "Colin Blackburn"
wrote:

I have found latest Haynes manual useful from time to time.

I've just started attempting my own bike maintenance, I use the latest
Haynes Bike Book alot (although I think the earlier edition was more
noobie-friendly). Haynes Bike Book has, as you'd expect, lots of
pictures, which I need.

email = audmacd aaatttt hhhottt mmmaailll dddoottt ccccoommm
Old July 7th 04, 03:05 PM
Simon Brooke

in message , cityjen
') wrote:

Peter - is there a general maintenence book you'd recommend, that
gives a great overview of bikes in general, plus specifics (changing
tire, etc.). I'm planning on taking a maintenence class but would love
to have - and recommend - a bookshelf primer.

Try 'Zinn on the Art...' - excellent, clear, comprehensive, well
illustrated.
URL:http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...ld-author=Zinn,
Lennard/202-8832588-4781409

IMHO, there aren't enough committed Christians, but that's care
in the community for you. -- Ben Evans

Old July 7th 04, 03:13 PM
Helen Deborah Vecht

omcom (dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers)typed

Nor to Norfolk - even though the North Norfolk coast is Chelsea-on-Sea ;-)

I thought it was Leicester-on-Sea...

--
Helen D. Vecht:

Edgware.
Old July 7th 04, 03:49 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Nor to Norfolk - even though the North Norfolk coast is Chelsea-on-Sea ;-)

I thought it was Leicester-on-Sea...

Nah - it's definitely Chelsea-on-Sea, Knightsbridge-on-Sea or Islington-on-Sea
these days. The supermarkets even have special Range Rovers for doing the
shopping deliveries for the wealthier escapees from London at the weekends.
It's pushed the price of property up a huge amount. Those City annual bonuses
buying the quaint Norfolk seaside cottages outright.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $