etape du tour packages

Old December 6th 04, 11:01 AM
Richard Goodman

Default etape du tour packages

If anyone is still interested, given that all the other UK operators
completely sold out their packages within a few days of the route being
announced, it seems Sporting Tours International does have a few places
available due to cancellations, see:

url:
http://www.sportstoursinternational.co.uk/event.php?&session=50179&id=20&action=open&menu=ev ent_categories_20&id=123

Rich

Old December 6th 04, 03:41 PM
MartinM

Richard Goodman wrote:
If anyone is still interested, given that all the other UK operators
completely sold out their packages within a few days of the route

being
announced, it seems Sporting Tours International does have a few

places
available due to cancellations, see:

url:

http://www.sportstoursinternational.co.uk/event.php?&session=50179&id=20&action=open&menu=ev ent_categories_20&id=123

are they for real? 495 for just accomodation and entry fee? or is it
travel as well?. Well that has priced the event out of most people's
range. If I ever have the free time will do L'Ardechoise instead.

Old December 6th 04, 03:58 PM
Richard Goodman

"MartinM" wrote in message
oups.com...

are they for real? 495 for just accomodation and entry fee? or is it
travel as well?. Well that has priced the event out of most people's
range. If I ever have the free time will do L'Ardechoise instead.

Yes, it's for real And no, it doesn't include travel. But it's
comparable to all the other handful of tour operators offering Etape entry
in the UK. The entry fee alone, as we all know, is £100, and you can't find
hotel room in Pau for love or money outside of the tour operator's hands.
That is the single room price, sharing of course would be cheaper. Graham
Baxter's price for single room accommodation was that much _excluding_ the
entry fee.

Well, you pays your money and you takes your choice I suppose. If you want
to gamble on getting a Velo mag entry in on time and sleep at the roadside
(as it was said some do) and/or book as far away as Lourdes without
pre-arranged transfers then no doubt it could be cheaper.. but otherwise
that is what it costs to do L'Etape this year...

Rich

Old December 6th 04, 04:04 PM
MartinM

Richard Goodman wrote:

Well, you pays your money and you takes your choice I suppose. If

you want
to gamble on getting a Velo mag entry in on time and sleep at the

roadside
(as it was said some do) and/or book as far away as Lourdes without
pre-arranged transfers then no doubt it could be cheaper.. but

otherwise
that is what it costs to do L'Etape this year...

looks like they have a captive market. Even the Lanzarote training camp
sounds fairly outrageous, but having always diy'd cycling holidays for
a fraction of the cost I suppose you pay for someone else to take all
the hassle.

Old December 6th 04, 05:29 PM
Richard Goodman

"MartinM" wrote in message
ups.com...

looks like they have a captive market. Even the Lanzarote training camp
sounds fairly outrageous, but having always diy'd cycling holidays for
a fraction of the cost I suppose you pay for someone else to take all
the hassle.

Tell me about it. I could even go skiing for a whole week for the cost of
this trip... but sometimes, if the bug has bitten you to do something, you
just have to do it. At least I won't be alone there....

Rich

Rich

Old December 10th 04, 10:22 AM
MartinM

Richard Goodman wrote:
"MartinM" wrote in message
ups.com...

looks like they have a captive market. Even the Lanzarote training

camp
sounds fairly outrageous, but having always diy'd cycling holidays

for
a fraction of the cost I suppose you pay for someone else to take

all
the hassle.

Tell me about it. I could even go skiing for a whole week for the

cost of
this trip... but sometimes, if the bug has bitten you to do

something, you
just have to do it. At least I won't be alone there....

L'Ardechoise is even worse, 149 for entry and 2 nights camping only.
I'm sure Ryanair or easyjet can help out here.

Old December 10th 04, 09:16 PM
MartinM

"MartinM" wrote in message
oups.com...

L'Ardechoise is even worse, 149 for entry and 2 nights camping only.
I'm sure Ryanair or easyjet can help out here.

indeed they could, saved nearly £150 on Cycle Tours travel cost. And entry
to the ride was only 38 euro. Now where's that Argos tent?