Cadel Evans Australian?

Old July 29th 07, 10:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,aus.bicycle,aus.sport,aus.tv
Andy

Default Cadel Evans Australian?

The bloke speak wit a French accent.

sacre bleau!

Get over it you fair weather ozzies: He is not an Australian.

Old July 29th 07, 11:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,aus.bicycle,aus.sport,aus.tv
Felix

oups.com...

Agreed. Us Australians ****ing love to jump on a bandwagon. It's pathetic.

Old July 29th 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,aus.bicycle,aus.sport,aus.tv
Dorfus Dippintush

Felix wrote:

"Andy" wrote in message
oups.com...
The bloke speak wit a French accent.

sacre bleau!

Get over it you fair weather ozzies: He is not an Australian.

Agreed. Us Australians ****ing love to jump on a bandwagon. It's pathetic.

Having one wrong person on the newsgroup is an accident, having two is a
tragedy.

He was born in Katherine in the Northern Territory. You can't get much
more Aussie than that. Red Australian dust is in his blood.

(I don't normally reply to trolls but because Cadel is such a wonderful
hero I'll make an exception today.)

Dorfus
Old July 29th 07, 11:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,aus.bicycle

On Jul 29, 3:21 pm, Dorfus Dippintush
wrote:

Having one wrong person on the newsgroup is an accident, having two is a
tragedy.

He was born in Katherine in the Northern Territory. You can't get much
more Aussie than that. Red Australian dust is in his blood.

Jeez, yet another blood-doping accusation.

Ben

Old July 29th 07, 11:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,aus.bicycle,aus.sport,aus.tv
Theo Bekkers

Dorfus Dippintush wrote:
Felix wrote:
"Andy" wrote
The bloke speak wit a French accent.

sacre bleau!

Get over it you fair weather ozzies: He is not an Australian.

Agreed. Us Australians ****ing love to jump on a bandwagon. It's
pathetic.

Having one wrong person on the newsgroup is an accident, having two
is a tragedy.

He was born in Katherine in the Northern Territory. You can't get
much more Aussie than that. Red Australian dust is in his blood.

I must confess I wasn't born here (or yesterday) and I still have a
discernable Dutch accent. I do have an Australian passport and have been an
Australian citizen longer than most people on this group.

You are a citizen of the country whose passport you hold, but you will
always have some affection and ties to the country of your birth. And
there's nothing wrong with that.

Theo

Old July 30th 07, 12:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,aus.bicycle,aus.sport,aus.tv
Bighus Dikkus

"Theo Bekkers" wrote in message
Dorfus Dippintush wrote:
Felix wrote:
"Andy" wrote
The bloke speak wit a French accent.

sacre bleau!

Get over it you fair weather ozzies: He is not an Australian.

Agreed. Us Australians ****ing love to jump on a bandwagon. It's
pathetic.

Having one wrong person on the newsgroup is an accident, having two
is a tragedy.

He was born in Katherine in the Northern Territory. You can't get
much more Aussie than that. Red Australian dust is in his blood.

I must confess I wasn't born here (or yesterday) and I still have a
discernable Dutch accent. I do have an Australian passport and have been
an Australian citizen longer than most people on this group.

You are a citizen of the country whose passport you hold, but you will
always have some affection and ties to the country of your birth. And
there's nothing wrong with that.

Well agreed, unless the country of your birth is France.

Old July 30th 07, 04:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,aus.bicycle,aus.sport,aus.tv
Michael Warner[_2_]

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 06:21:15 +0800, Dorfus Dippintush wrote:

(I don't normally reply to trolls but because Cadel is such a wonderful
hero I'll make an exception today.)

Hmm. He's a great cyclist, obviously, but I reserve that sort of praise for
someone who doesn't whine about his team while they're busting their nuts
for him in the mountains. Let's face it - we wouldn't be going ape****
about him if he were from anywhere else.
Old July 30th 07, 05:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,aus.bicycle,aus.sport,aus.tv
tallsam

On Jul 30, 1:25 pm, Michael Warner wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 06:21:15 +0800, Dorfus Dippintush wrote:
(I don't normally reply to trolls but because Cadel is such a wonderful
hero I'll make an exception today.)

Hmm. He's a great cyclist, obviously, but I reserve that sort of praise for
someone who doesn't whine about his team while they're busting their nuts
for him in the mountains. Let's face it - we wouldn't be going ape****
about him if he were from anywhere else.

What is this connection to another country?

Old July 30th 07, 05:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,aus.bicycle,aus.sport,aus.tv
Big LN

"tallsam" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 30, 1:25 pm, Michael Warner wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 06:21:15 +0800, Dorfus Dippintush wrote:
(I don't normally reply to trolls but because Cadel is such a wonderful
hero I'll make an exception today.)

Hmm. He's a great cyclist, obviously, but I reserve that sort of praise
for
someone who doesn't whine about his team while they're busting their nuts
for him in the mountains. Let's face it - we wouldn't be going ape****
about him if he were from anywhere else.

What is this connection to another country?

They're just jealous that once again a Victorian shows up the other states
and territories. NT born, Victorian bred. Good onya Cadel.

'Onya

Old July 30th 07, 06:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,aus.bicycle,aus.sport,aus.tv
Big LN

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 30, 2:49 pm, "Big LN" wrote:

They're just jealous that once again a Victorian shows up the other
states
and territories. NT born, Victorian bred. Good onya Cadel.

'Onya

Actually he lived in NSW for a while. Attended school for about 5
years in a regional town, left in Yr 7 IIRC (so naturally the local
rag has claimed him as a local lad made good)

It was the hills around Arthurs Creek in Victoria that made him the champion
he is today. He was a local mountain-bike legend before he got onto the
racers. Katherine, NT and regional NSW can put in their claims but they
amount to zero in regards to where he developed his profession.

'Onya

Cadel Evans dewatf Australia 18 July 25th 07 02:51 AM
Cadel Evans: Tactics 'out of order'? HomelessDave Racing 5 July 22nd 05 08:22 PM
Cadel Evans David Ferguson Racing 0 July 22nd 05 03:14 AM
Cadel Evans David Ferguson Racing 1 July 22nd 05 02:38 AM
Cadel Evans to Lotto? patch70 Racing 6 August 5th 04 07:37 AM