Donkey Kick Tutorial

Old December 23rd 06, 05:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
KlownLife

Default Donkey Kick Tutorial

Hey guys, I've been practising donkey kicks for a couple of days now but
have made no progress what so ever. I can't make the kick consistantly
and even when I do make the kick I can't land over the pedals.

Any written help is more than welcome but if anyone could piece
together a video with some accompanying tips that would be great!

Cheers

Jas

--
KlownLife

unifreak7 wrote:
It's believed we could all fly, move things with our minds, read minds,
tell the future, if we used 100%. To me believing in yourself not only
helps if your going really big. If there's no fear, (tech stuff), it
doesn't really matter, It's just what the body does.

-Shaun Johanneson

KlownLife's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5196

Old December 23rd 06, 05:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
KlownLife

Cheers mate, but what I can't get is the cranks to flip fast enough and
when I can I'm nowhere near the pedals when I land. I had the same
problem when landing flips.

Jas

--
KlownLife

Old December 23rd 06, 06:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Fredrik_Justnes

May be this can help you guys a little.

Concentrate about jumping high up from the uni, while kicking the wheel
at the same time.
Try to get stabilized before kicking and jumping.

Here's a clip: http://enhjulingsfolket.se/uploaded/Donkey-kick.wmv

--
Fredrik_Justnes
Fredrik_Justnes's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13529

Old December 23rd 06, 06:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
KlownLife

thanks Fred, that's a help!, will save that vid and watch it over.

Thanks again,

Jas

--
KlownLife

Old December 23rd 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skate4flip

Hey see if this video helps:

http://tinyurl.com/ygb5x3

Notice how my upper body leans over the seat, that is important. You
want to lean over seat. Don't jump to high, probably a few inches off
the ground is fine. Concentrate more on the kick then the jump. It's
hard for me to explain what your feet do, but you should be able to do
tell from the video. They aren't too hard to learn, but you have to
commit to the trick (try to land it), and that can take some time to
get your body to do that.

--
skate4flip

reply '23k' (http://tinyurl.com/88s7x), '25k'
(http://tinyurl.com/bqzo4), post '29k' (http://tinyurl.com/ay6w2),
reply '37k' (http://tinyurl.com/dzug6), post '41k'
(http://tinyurl.com/9ugos), post '47k' (http://tinyurl.com/dmr8y), and
reply '61k' (http://tinyurl.com/mds6t) in most replys!!!

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/ba75x) *UPDATED 12/23/06*
skate4flip's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10198

Old December 23rd 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
BillyTheMountain

Fredrik_Justnes wrote:
May be this can help you guys a little.

Concentrate about jumping high up from the uni, while kicking the wheel
at the same time.
Try to get stabilized before kicking and jumping.

Here's a clip: http://enhjulingsfolket.se/uploaded/Donkey-kick.wmv

I recommend everyone watch this.

I love it! Thanks!!!

--
BillyTheMountain
BillyTheMountain's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5357

Old December 23rd 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gordito8me

that's really helpful, gets me excited to ride. Too bad whenever I leave
the pedals I get some kind of injury.

--
gordito8me
gordito8me's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13641

Old December 23rd 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Sponge

I was actually starting to practice these things, sort of, today, after
I met some new streety riders around my area.

I managed to nail zeroplant-donkeys within a few minutes, but I expect
the real thing to be harder. However, I'm going to have to use
something other than an XTP to practice the proper donkeykicks .

This trick seems so much more simple to learn than crankflips and even
normal zeroplants in my case for some reason.

--
Sponge

MSN: feel free to add, I'm always up for a
good chat and get to know other unicyclists

update on Hodges vid... delayed, need a few more clips.
Sponge's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11883

Old December 24th 06, 12:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

zero plant donkey kick?

explain how that is possible please

--
mornish

ivan wrote:
I believe in the Invisible Pink Unicorn.

mscalisi wrote:
wait...invisible AND pink?

'please... help save flightline'
(http://www.rideflightline.com/save_the_trails.html)
msn: mornish AT gmail DOT com
aim: kiloornish
email: mornish AT gmail DOT com
ace bandages rock my socks

Old December 24th 06, 01:05 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Sponge

Well, it's probably not the correct name, but that's the impression I
got out of it, this is what I did:

Ride along SIF, jump, and place the forward foot onto the ground, as if
doing a zeroplant crankflip, but at a slower pedalling speed and don't
let the cranks rotate.

I am left foot forward, so basically I jump off the uni as if I were
doing a normal zeroplant, and have the left foot jump onto the ground,
and at the same time, my right foot lands on the tyre.. So for a split
second, the tyre is touching the ground, as well as my left foot on the
ground. Then i give a sharp kick backwards with my right foot, spin the
cranks back, and land onto the pedals.

I guess one could just as easily get into this move by doing backwards
riding, but hey, that's how I learnt it today.

--
Sponge

MSN: feel free to add, I'm always up for a
good chat and get to know other unicyclists

update on Hodges vid... delayed, need a few more clips.
Sponge's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11883

Donkey Kick Tutorial abbabibble Unicycling 0 December 23rd 06 05:20 PM
Doubleflip Tutorial unifreak7 Unicycling 16 August 22nd 06 10:39 AM
Doubleflip Tutorial connorunicycle Unicycling 0 August 21st 06 03:54 PM
Hopping Tutorial? e39m5 Unicycling 18 February 13th 06 01:53 AM
"A strawberry in front of a donkey" Stewart Fleming Racing 5 July 4th 05 05:36 PM