Cycling in Gary Indiana

Old June 5th 15, 07:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Cycling in Gary Indiana

http://www.wlsam.com/2015/06/05/bicy...and-run-crash/

What, no Lycra?

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old June 5th 15, 07:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

A very detailed description of his clothing. Including his underwear.

"The victim is described as a 5-foot-10, 200-pound black man with gray and black hair, and unshaven stubble on his face, police said.

He was wearing black jeans size 40-x-32, a beige and navy blue extra-large jacket, black windbreaker jacket, black and tan medium Hawaiian shirt with beige leaves, blue plaid boxer shorts, and black and white socks.

He was also wearing a black hat with "Attitude is Everything" in red, and Bandy II Ozark Train brown leather hiking boots in a size 12."

About the only thing missed was his weight. Missed it by 50 to 100 pounds. 200 pounds and wearing size 40 waist jeans? I guess the Gary reporters also believe monkeys will fly.
Old June 5th 15, 07:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Friday, June 5, 2015 at 2:01:34 PM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.wlsam.com/2015/06/05/bicy...and-run-crash/

The last bicyclist killed in our extended metro area was, as it turned out, not
a bicyclist.

When the report came out (last December, I think) he was described as a
bicyclist. But in the intervening months, witnesses came forward. Turns out
the unfortunate guy was walking along the road's edge in the wrong direction
(i.e. not facing traffic) and rolling a bicycle along with him as he walked.

IIRC, it was dark (very early morning) and he had no lights; but lights are
not required for pedestrians. (I never heard whether the bike had any
reflectors.)

The driver has been located and charged with hit-and-run. FWIW, I do think
that it's the responsibility of the driver to drive so as to avoid a
pedestrian on the road. Even one facing the wrong way. We give motorists
too much deference, not enough responsibility.

(A woman I've met has a sign in her yard, "Drive like your kids live here."
http://drivelikeyourkidslivehere.com/ In a residential neighborhood, that
_should_ go without saying.)

- Frank Krygowski
Old June 5th 15, 08:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

https://www.google.com/maps/place/21...242c!6m1!1 e1

we're having problmes ID'ing sushi
Old June 5th 15, 08:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Friday, June 5, 2015 at 3:02:16 PM UTC-4, wrote:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/21...242c!6m1!1 e1

we're having problmes ID'ing sushi

mooooooved street view upablock

https://www.google.com/maps/place/20...92f1!6m1!1e 1

no Andy, no lycra...

another weaver
Old June 5th 15, 08:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Friday, June 5, 2015 at 3:06:22 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Friday, June 5, 2015 at 3:02:16 PM UTC-4, wrote:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/21...242c!6m1!1 e1

we're having problmes ID'ing sushi

mooooooved street view upablock

https://www.google.com/maps/place/20...92f1!6m1!1e 1

no Andy, no lycra...

another weaver

no sidewalk...local noise sez man was riding mid street
Old June 5th 15, 08:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 6/5/2015 1:33 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
[...]

He should have taken the lane, right?

Old June 5th 15, 09:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Friday, June 5, 2015 at 8:12:42 PM UTC+1, wrote:
On Friday, June 5, 2015 at 3:06:22 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Friday, June 5, 2015 at 3:02:16 PM UTC-4, wrote:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/21...242c!6m1!1 e1

we're having problmes ID'ing sushi

mooooooved street view upablock

https://www.google.com/maps/place/20...92f1!6m1!1e 1

no Andy, no lycra...

another weaver

no sidewalk...local noise sez man was riding mid street

Nah, if he was local, he would have known about those vicious truckies, and consequently ridden in the gutter with the broken beer bottles. Or there's the Krygowski alternative, that he was emboldened by strong liquor to take the lane.

Andre Jute
And that's the childish level of sick comedy to which Krygowski has reduced a matter of life and death for cyclists
Old June 6th 15, 12:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Friday, June 5, 2015 at 3:16:09 PM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
[...]

Sorry, wrong. He was a pedestrian, not a vehicle operator.

- Frank Krygowski

northern Indiana timothy douma Rides 3 April 30th 07 03:22 AM
No Gary, NO!, No Gary NO! nooooooooo GARY!!!!!! Jock Australia 21 September 3rd 06 01:41 PM
bloomington, indiana Unitik908 Unicycling 0 July 6th 06 06:01 PM
uni in indiana and wisonsin Mullethunter Unicycling 4 June 19th 06 06:42 PM
US Cycling hires Gary West Hamish Ferguson Racing 12 April 1st 05 04:12 AM