Childrens' bike names

Old July 19th 04, 04:26 PM
John Edgar

Default Childrens' bike names

Today outside my gym were parked 3 childrens' bikes. The names of
these bikes were

"Rampage"
"Shooter"
"Aggresssor 3.0"

Perhaps the biking industry could help the government in its new
attempts to "improve" the behaviour of the population, and in
particular the young, if they re-branded their products with less
fraught, military sounding names. I would like to suggest

"Honeybunch 2.5"
"Petal"
"Soft Soap"

Does anyone out there agree?

John
In limine sapientiae
Old July 19th 04, 04:30 PM
John Hearns

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:26:16 +0100, John Edgar wrote:

Today outside my gym were parked 3 childrens' bikes. The names of
these bikes were

"Rampage"
"Shooter"
"Aggresssor 3.0"

Does anyone out there agree?

Me, I think adult bikes should be fitted with exhaust-heat guided
missiles and cannons. I'd quite like to ride an Aggressor 3.0 in
stealth black.

Only joking.
Old July 19th 04, 04:48 PM
Velvet

John Hearns wrote:

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:26:16 +0100, John Edgar wrote:

Today outside my gym were parked 3 childrens' bikes. The names of
these bikes were

"Rampage"
"Shooter"
"Aggresssor 3.0"

Does anyone out there agree?

Me, I think adult bikes should be fitted with exhaust-heat guided
missiles and cannons. I'd quite like to ride an Aggressor 3.0 in
stealth black.

Only joking.

aolme too/aol :-)

I'd like a set of Boudica Blades on the wheels, too. Great flashing
blades catching the sunlight - might convince drivers to give me more
room when they pass, or risk instant tyre deflation/paintwork redesign...

--

Velvet
Old July 19th 04, 04:55 PM
Roos Eisma

Velvet writes:

I'd like a set of Boudica Blades on the wheels, too. Great flashing
blades catching the sunlight - might convince drivers to give me more
room when they pass, or risk instant tyre deflation/paintwork redesign...

This reminds me to put the tires with the blue go-faster stripes back on.
And order that double exhaust. Do you think I could take the surplus huge
speakers built into the parcel shelf out of the Fietsa and fit them on the
Fiero?

Roos

Old July 19th 04, 05:24 PM
John Hearns

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:55:30 +0000, Roos Eisma wrote:

Velvet writes:

I'd like a set of Boudica Blades on the wheels, too. Great flashing
blades catching the sunlight - might convince drivers to give me more
room when they pass, or risk instant tyre deflation/paintwork redesign...

This reminds me to put the tires with the blue go-faster stripes back on.
And order that double exhaust. Do you think I could take the surplus huge
speakers built into the parcel shelf out of the Fietsa and fit them on the
Fiero?

Last Friday of every month - Critical Mass.
Definitely need a recumbent-mounted sound system for that.

Then again, the doughty citizens of Dundee will only be confused to
see you, Pete and David M circling the city centre.
but you could have nice music.

Old July 19th 04, 10:10 PM
Paulmouk

"Velvet" wrote in message
John Hearns wrote:

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:26:16 +0100, John Edgar wrote:

Today outside my gym were parked 3 childrens' bikes. The names of
these bikes were

"Rampage"
"Shooter"
"Aggresssor 3.0"

Does anyone out there agree?

Me, I think adult bikes should be fitted with exhaust-heat guided
missiles and cannons. I'd quite like to ride an Aggressor 3.0 in
stealth black.

Only joking.

aolme too/aol :-)

I'd like a set of Boudica Blades on the wheels, too. Great flashing
blades catching the sunlight - might convince drivers to give me more
room when they pass, or risk instant tyre deflation/paintwork redesign...
Velvet

Of course, to protect their motor it would be necessary to then fit heavy
rollers to crush the cyclist before he/she could do any damage to the
paintwork (or rust for that matter).
Paul

Old July 20th 04, 08:50 AM
Whingin' Pom

On 19 Jul 2004 15:55:30 GMT, Roos Eisma () wrote:

Velvet writes:

I'd like a set of Boudica Blades on the wheels, too. Great flashing
blades catching the sunlight - might convince drivers to give me more
room when they pass, or risk instant tyre deflation/paintwork redesign...

This reminds me to put the tires with the blue go-faster stripes back on.
And order that double exhaust. Do you think I could take the surplus huge
speakers built into the parcel shelf out of the Fietsa and fit them on the
Fiero?

I have been toying with the idea of mounting a small battery amp and
speakers in the headrest of mine. Lack of tuits at the moment, but one
day...
It'll go great with the EL wire wrapped round the boom and the back of
the seat. :-)

Old July 20th 04, 08:54 AM
Peter Clinch

John Hearns wrote:

Last Friday of every month - Critical Mass.
Definitely need a recumbent-mounted sound system for that.

Nah, more watts if we use the 8 Freight, innit?

Then again, the doughty citizens of Dundee will only be confused to
see you, Pete and David M circling the city centre.
but you could have nice music.

Or I could put on THRaKKaTTaK[1] and hand out leaflets saying we'll be
back to play it again if people don't give cyclists more room... ;-)

Pete.

[1] a King Crimson improvisations live set. Total Guitar called it "A
gruelling 57 minutes of non-structured sound" but I rather like it. Not
many other people seem to...
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK