Decanio Names More Names

Old January 30th 05, 01:57 AM

Default Decanio Names More Names

On his site he names Ben Brooks of Jelly Belly, about how they shared
an apt on Linda McCartney and Brooks stored EPO in the fridge.
and some others, including a story about David Clinger talking about
drug use at USPS...
the more the sport ostracizes him the more he's gonna talk,
I always wondered when this was going to happen, I thought maybe Marty
Jemison would do it, but Decanio has nothing to lose now, no team will
touch him.
Most cyclists are financially motivated to keep their mouths shut,
obviously, thats not a problem for Decanio.
Other cyclists don't want to tarnish their or their friends reputations
and results, and this isn't a problem for him either, since he's
already admitted to doping.
it's gonna get uglier soon, we'll see if he keeps it up or caves in to
the pressure of lawyers and threats.
Good stuff.

Old January 30th 05, 02:39 AM
RonSonic

On 29 Jan 2005 17:57:06 -0800, wrote:

On his site he names Ben Brooks of Jelly Belly, about how they shared
an apt on Linda McCartney and Brooks stored EPO in the fridge.
and some others, including a story about David Clinger talking about
drug use at USPS...

In other words he is a rat. Accusing people of crimes in which he was a
participant. That is a rat and there is not dignity, decency or pride in it. He
doesn't have those things because he is suffering some sort of emotional
collapse.

the more the sport ostracizes him the more he's gonna talk,

He's ostracized for being a prick - corrupting a decent cause like anti-doping
into a personal ego-stroke. This is a personal breakdown, drawn out and
published on the internet. The man is suffering a serious and profound emotional
breakdown and you are embracing it because in his desperate condition he
blithers out some words you wanted to hear.

I always wondered when this was going to happen, I thought maybe Marty
Jemison would do it, but Decanio has nothing to lose now, no team will
touch him.
Most cyclists are financially motivated to keep their mouths shut,
obviously, thats not a problem for Decanio.
Other cyclists don't want to tarnish their or their friends reputations
and results, and this isn't a problem for him either, since he's
already admitted to doping.

And he has no friends, being a rat and all. He needs them in his present state.
I just don't know if he has them. Ironic isn't it.

it's gonna get uglier soon, we'll see if he keeps it up or caves in to
the pressure of lawyers and threats.
Good stuff.

No, not good. Ugly and unpleasant. It is not good to see a man ruin his life in
a public breakdown like this.

Ron
Old January 30th 05, 03:09 AM
Joselas

wrote in message
ups.com...
On his site he names Ben Brooks of Jelly Belly, about how they shared
an apt on Linda McCartney and Brooks stored EPO in the fridge.
and some others, including a story about David Clinger talking about
drug use at USPS...
the more the sport ostracizes him the more he's gonna talk,

You mean make **** up. The guy does not seem psychologically stable to me.
I belive about one third of what he says, I laugh at about one third, and
then he goes totally off the deep end. I don't know psychological terms but
he's delusional at the very least.

Old January 30th 05, 03:26 AM

I do my viewing of RBR with Google. I thought it was very funny that on
the left side of my screen is a list of "Dope is bad" posts and on the
right side is "Sponsored" links to "Steroids & Sports?"
(http://www.legalsteroids.com/google/sports.html) & "Steroids for
Sale" (http://advanced-health-consult.com/).
RBR is Sponsored by Steroid venders?

Old January 30th 05, 05:27 AM

he's not stable, I think he knows that, I don't think anyone who talks
about
commiting suicide is stable.
So the question is: if he's unstable, delusional, etc...does that mean
he
is automatically lying about all this stuff?
I don't know, many of his claims are kind of vague, like
"Clinger talked about doping at postal", that could mean
all kinds of things.
I think if he was a totally normal dude he would be much
more easy to believe and take seriously, but I also think no
"normal" dude would ever do what he is doing.
He was a real pro, on big teams, and was on the "inside" - that
means he knows a great deal about doping, and he's willing to
talk -
all this stuff is going to unsubstantiated, thats just the nature
of doping, dudes don't inject themsleves at the start line.
I could tell you tons of doping stories that would point the
the finger at all kinds of riders, and I wasn't a pro or even a
top amatuer.
You do superweek and a top domestic team empties out the ice
machine on every single floor of an entire hotel, for 7 days
straight - why do they need so much freaking ice? 24/7
the staff is filling up ice buckets. They must have some
really bad knees or something I guess.
It's not proof, but it's interesting no?
Why is mexico so popular in Feb? The warm weather I guess.
It's not proof, but check out some of the little
early season Mexican stage races - they get a quality field
of top domestic pros and amatuers. They don't race very hard.
I like to read Decanios stuff, I skip the delusional paramilitary
****, and I don't believe anything just because someone wrote
it.
I think everyone is focusing too much on Decanios flaws - spoiled brat,

mentally unstable, holier than thou attitude, delusional, non-real
job holding, non-html skills, etc.
that doesn't mean he's lying, doping is rampant in cycling.
He's a whistleblower, and I respect that, he isn't a snitch, this
isn't prison.
He ****es off three kinds of people:
the dopers - who use dope
the dreamers - who think cycling is a clean sport
the cycling establishment - the people who "run" cycling want
people to think cycling is clean, these are manufacturers,
promoters, team directors, USCF ceos, ex-pros, all
want us to think cycling is clean, buy our Treks and
Litespeeds and renew our licenses.

Old January 30th 05, 05:55 AM
Joselas

wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

I don't doubt there is some truth to some of the things he says, but it is
not reliable truth. Much of it is extremely exaggerated, so much so that it
becomes fabricated. You have a car that sputters along at 5 mph, yep you
have a real car, yep it has a real internal combustion engine, no you can't
trust it to get you anywhere.

Old January 30th 05, 07:35 AM
Suz

wrote in message
oups.com...

You do superweek and a top domestic team empties out the ice
machine on every single floor of an entire hotel, for 7 days
straight - why do they need so much freaking ice?

I must be naive or something because when this happened in Fitchburg, I
figured it was because cyclists have a lot of drinks and food to keep cold,
and no fridge in the rooms... Dang ice machines were so slow, sometimes it
was faster to go to another, less busy floor.

I get your point, but what does ice have to do with doping?

Old January 30th 05, 12:04 PM
B Lafferty

"Joselas" wrote in message
I don't doubt there is some truth to some of the things he says, but it is
not reliable truth. Much of it is extremely exaggerated, so much so that
it
becomes fabricated. You have a car that sputters along at 5 mph, yep you
have a real car, yep it has a real internal combustion engine, no you
can't
trust it to get you anywhere.

The only way to ascertain that would be for the sport's governing body
and/or the Dept. of Justice (Balco anyone) to sit him down and interview him
at length. Then they would go out and interview others to developed more
information and verify the validity of what D has had to say.

This is the same scenario for all whistleblowers. As an aside, from
today's Cycling News:
Madariaga comments spark debate
The manager of the Euskaltel-Euskadi team, Miguel Madariaga, has stirred up
more doping controversy in Spain by claiming in a recent interview with Deia
that he has "more data than ever to support that more than 80 percent of
cycling is corrupted by doping."

The Basque cycling federation has asked Madariaga to explain himself,
issuing a statement saying, "If he considers the Basques to be involved in
doping, we encourage him to denounce them in court to clarify these
concepts. If he says he has data to support his affirmations, we want him to
show it in court and put an end to the activities of those that adulterate
the practice of our sport."

Old January 30th 05, 02:08 PM

That must be built in, because a discussion of EPO use had a sidebar
with links to palces you could actually buy EPO!

Old January 30th 05, 03:35 PM
Bill C

RonSonic wrote:
[...]

How about instead of jumping all over him personally you aren't also
calling for a full blown, transparent investigation into these
allegations to prove he's lying.
Yeah, he's not real stable but that doesn't mean he's not telling the
truth.
How about we all raise some hell with USAC and ask for a little more
explanation of Amber Neben, and why they haven't sat some of these
people down and started to investigate this stuff seriously. They will
claim they are, but at this point they really don't seem to care too
much. I'm betting that they help some of these people Matt has accused
prepare lawsuits against Matt to shut him up rather than actually
investigate.
Gerard and I clashed badly early on, but worked it out and I had a lot
of respect for him and what he seemed to be doing, but after the affair
with Neben, which came after Moninger, Gerards claim that he wasn't
aware of the level of problem involving supplements and positive tests
seemed pretty questionable at best.
I can not believe that he was unaware of what seems to be the most
common excuse for a positive test before Neben. I'm going to send an
E-Mail and see what he has to say about all of this.
Bill C

silly place names joemarshall Unicycling 41 January 19th 05 06:20 PM
DeCanio to Sierra Nevada? macker1515 Racing 12 December 17th 04 10:42 AM
Decanio loses it again kaiser Racing 4 November 4th 04 03:47 PM
Decanio loses it again kaiser Racing 0 November 4th 04 04:44 AM
Childrens' bike names John Edgar UK 18 July 21st 04 09:49 AM