Wot I did over Christmas

Old January 4th 05, 11:57 PM
suzyj

Default Wot I did over Christmas

Hi guys,

Thought I'd share a couple of pics of one of the things I did ove
Christmas, while I should have been out on the road training up for th

http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/sjackson/seatlug_1.jpg

http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/sjackson/seatlug_2.jpg

http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/sjac...ished_lugs.jpg

I know the love-hearts are awfully sad, but I couldn't help myself. I
a little while (once I've done the rest of the lugs to match and bough
some bits of tube) these lugs will reside in my new fixed-wheel bike.

Regards,

Suz

--
suzyj

Old January 5th 05, 12:11 AM
ritcho

suzyj Wrote:
Hi guys,

Thought I'd share a couple of pics of one of the things I did ove
Christmas, while I should have been out on the road training up for th

http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/sjackson/seatlug_1.jpg

http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/sjackson/seatlug_2.jpg

http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/sjac...ished_lugs.jpg

I know the love-hearts are awfully sad, but I couldn't help myself. I
a little while (once I've done the rest of the lugs to match and bough
some bits of tube) these lugs will reside in my new fixed-wheel bike.

Regards,

Suzy

Mmmm, shiny...

Welcome back from the break - I saw a rider on a red bike that wa
heading east on Fullers Road yesterday afternoon around six-ish. Coul
that have been you? I was zooming down towards the river after tacklin
Balmoral's Awaba Street (nasty, nasty hill)

Ritc

--
ritcho

Old January 5th 05, 12:23 AM
Parbs

http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/sjackson/seatlug_1.jpg

Nice! Looks a bit like a little fish.

Parbs - all I worked on over Christmas was to improve my form for the aus.bicycle "Biggest Arse"

Old January 5th 05, 01:06 AM
Terry Collins

discovered that a 3L plastic milk carton with side panel cut out makes a
loverly cover for my brooks leather seat.

Sorry, but welding galvanised water pipe doesn't lead to much higher
thoughts than the above. Goals for 2005 is to make a couple of two
wheeled bicycle trailers and to use metal of better quality than gal
pipe or low carbon steel.
Old January 5th 05, 01:08 AM
hippy

"suzyj"
Thought I'd share a couple of pics of one of the things I did over
Christmas, while I should have been out on the road training up for the
http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/sjackson/seatlug_1.jpg
http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/sjackson/seatlug_2.jpg
http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/sjac...ished_lugs.jpg

They're purty... All I did over xmas/nye was keep a lot
of hospitality staff busy and maintain the shipments of
bourbon/beer to the east coast..

I hired my first ever bike in Port Stephens.. an ApolloSport
Anaconda mtb, I think. Total POS, but it got me around for
a few days and I didn't even break it! :-)

I also got to try the Nexus AutoD "automatic" groupset
on a friend's hire bike. It changes gears automatically!!!
(and I'm not talking about chain slip!). It was **** too. :-)
You'd get out of the saddle to punish it up a steep hill and
the ******* thing changes up into the highest gear (of 4)
and you're forced off to walk it. The solution? Set it to
manual. hehe.. stupid 'comfort' bikes..

hippy

Old January 5th 05, 04:50 AM
NickZX6R

suzyj wrote:
Hi guys,

Thought I'd share a couple of pics of one of the things I did over
Christmas, while I should have been out on the road training up for the
..

http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/sjackson/seatlug_1.jpg

http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/sjackson/seatlug_2.jpg

http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/sjac...ished_lugs.jpg

I know the love-hearts are awfully sad, but I couldn't help myself. In
a little while (once I've done the rest of the lugs to match and bought
some bits of tube) these lugs will reside in my new fixed-wheel bike.

Regards,

Suzy

Very nice. Are they HJ lugs Suzy?

What do you think of Richard Sachs' Newvex lugs?

I reckon they look great but I'm not sure I'd actually want them on my
frame.

--
Nick
Old January 5th 05, 05:23 AM
suzyj

NickZX6R wrote:

Very nice. Are they HJ lugs Suzy?

Yup. HJ don't have stainless ones in their catalogue, but they can b
conned out of people if you're persistent. I've gotta say they'r
really nicely made lugs. Most lugs have constant thickness wall
(think two bits of pipe joined together with a fillet at the join), bu
these ones smoothly taper. There's not a flat bit on them. The concav
bit in the back of the binder bolts is an addition to match the binde
bolt bits on a set of Llewellyn stem lugs that I also have.

What do you think of Richard Sachs' Newvex lugs?

I reckon they look great but I'm not sure I'd actually want
them on my frame.

They're nice, but I really think you had to be around when the Nerve
stuff was king to really lust after that shape. I go more for fin
points and nice curves than overly ornate. Also, I'm not really a fa
of extended head-tubes.

Regards,

Suz

--
suzyj

Old January 5th 05, 05:31 AM
Resound

suzyj Wrote:
Hi guys,

Thought I'd share a couple of pics of one of the things I did ove
Christmas, while I should have been out on the road training up for th

http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/sjackson/seatlug_1.jpg

http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/sjackson/seatlug_2.jpg

http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/sjac...ished_lugs.jpg

I know the love-hearts are awfully sad, but I couldn't help myself. I
a little while (once I've done the rest of the lugs to match and bough
some bits of tube) these lugs will reside in my new fixed-wheel bike.

Regards,

Suzy

Ooh... they're most pretty. So when are we likely to see them brazed o
to something? I'll look forward to seeing those pics as well. :

--
Resound

Old January 5th 05, 06:14 AM
chesty

suzyj writes:

http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/sjackson/seatlug_1.jpg

very nice. This one brought back memories of this

http://triptronix.net/ishbadiddle/ar...6/26/12.03.43/