sponsors getting scared

Old June 18th 08, 12:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

Default sponsors getting scared

Looks like High Road and Slipstream have been scared by all the doping
talk and are no longer title sponsors

http://www.velonews.com/article/7788...tream-chipotle

http://www.velonews.com/article/77752/
Old June 18th 08, 01:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Jun 18, 7:47 am, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
Looks like High Road and Slipstream have been scared by all the doping
talk and are no longer title sponsors

http://www.velonews.com/article/7788...-title-sponsor...

http://www.velonews.com/article/77752/

Garmin-Chipotle presented by H30? I think they would have done better
to get that toilet tissue manufacturer to sponsor, Charmin-Chipotle
flushed by H30. It has a better ring to it and they could have some
really catchy advertising slogans.

Charmin-Chipotle - we've got you covered at both ends.
Etc.

Old June 18th 08, 02:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
Looks like High Road and Slipstream have been scared by all the doping
talk and are no longer title sponsors

http://www.velonews.com/article/7788...tream-chipotle

http://www.velonews.com/article/77752/

Hizark's Rule, there is no sponsor risk.

Bob Schwartz
Old June 18th 08, 05:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
mtb Dad

On Jun 18, 4:47*am, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
Looks like High Road and Slipstream have been scared by all the doping
talk and are no longer title sponsors

http://www.velonews.com/article/7788...-title-sponsor...

http://www.velonews.com/article/77752/

Or openly anti-doping teams are attractive to sponsors. Conscious
action (i.e. buying into a team), opposed to inertial (word?) denial
("there's no proof, we have a clause..."), suggests it's the more
powerful phenomenon.
Old June 18th 08, 05:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On Jun 18, 9:20 am, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
Looks like High Road and Slipstream have been scared by all the doping
talk and are no longer title sponsors

http://www.velonews.com/article/7788...-title-sponsor...

http://www.velonews.com/article/77752/

Hizark's Rule, there is no sponsor risk.

dumbass,

there is big a risk, which is that the team gets excluded from the
Tour and they don't get the exposure they were anticipating.

saxo, columbia and garmin all signed on mid-season and will begin
their sponsoship at the tour - once those teams had secured spots in
the big show.
Old June 18th 08, 05:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

Amit Ghosh wrote:
On Jun 18, 9:20 am, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
Looks like High Road and Slipstream have been scared by all the doping
talk and are no longer title sponsors
http://www.velonews.com/article/7788...-title-sponsor...
http://www.velonews.com/article/77752/

Hizark's Rule, there is no sponsor risk.

dumbass,

there is big a risk, which is that the team gets excluded from the
Tour and they don't get the exposure they were anticipating.

saxo, columbia and garmin all signed on mid-season and will begin
their sponsoship at the tour - once those teams had secured spots in
the big show.

I'd bet the house there is language in the contract regarding
that. There is no risk for the sponsor, all the risk is on
the riders. As it has always been.

Bob Schwartz
Old June 18th 08, 05:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On Jun 18, 12:46 pm, Bob Schwartz

I'd bet the house there is language in the contract regarding
that. There is no risk for the sponsor, all the risk is on
the riders. As it has always been.

dumbass,

your definition of risk is different than the rest of the world. risk
is what you stand to lose.

the only risk a rider faces from a doping scandal or exclusion is that
their team becomes insolvent and they aren't paid the salary they are
owed.

if a sponsor pays $10 million for a team hoping to get exposure at the
tour or develop a certain corporate identity and the team experiences
a scandal or are excluded how is it that "all the risk is on the
riders" ?

Old June 18th 08, 06:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 09:29:19 -0700 (PDT), Amit Ghosh
wrote:

On Jun 18, 9:20 am, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
Looks like High Road and Slipstream have been scared by all the doping
talk and are no longer title sponsors

http://www.velonews.com/article/7788...-title-sponsor...

http://www.velonews.com/article/77752/

Hizark's Rule, there is no sponsor risk.

dumbass,

there is big a risk, which is that the team gets excluded from the
Tour and they don't get the exposure they were anticipating.

saxo, columbia and garmin all signed on mid-season and will begin
their sponsoship at the tour - once those teams had secured spots in
the big show.

dumbass

yes

Old June 18th 08, 06:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On Jun 18, 9:20 am, Bob Schwartz

Hizark's Rule, there is no sponsor risk.

dumbass,

let me put this another way:

if on mother's day i pay a florist $30 to deliver to my mother a
basket of flowers and suppose he delivers a steaming bag of turds
instead.

this may not hurt my finances and my mother may understand that it was
the florist that ****ed up and not me, but the money i spent did not
deliver the image i intended.

team t-mobile delivered a steaming bag of turds for it's sponsor, this
may not have hurt their sales, but it wasn't what they were spending
money for.
Old June 18th 08, 06:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Carl Sundquist

"Amit Ghosh" wrote in message

dumbass,

there is big a risk, which is that the team gets excluded from the
Tour and they don't get the exposure they were anticipating.

saxo, columbia and garmin all signed on mid-season and will begin
their sponsoship at the tour - once those teams had secured spots in
the big show.

Secured spots?

NGC Medical-OTC Industria Porte