Federal Prosecutor Assigned to Floyd Case

Old June 11th 10, 05:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DA74

Default Federal Prosecutor Assigned to Floyd Case

Things are heating up in a big way. The Justice Department assigned
Doug Miller to the case that has developed since Floyd made his
allegations. He will support Jeff Novitzky by obtaining search
warrants and securing cooperation agreements presumably to present to
a grand jury to bring indictments against cyclists and / or team
owners (i.e. Lance) involved in the doping underworld.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/mo...ed_by_flo.html

You're Welcome,
DA74
Old June 11th 10, 05:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Henry[_4_]

On Jun 11, 4:14*pm, DA74 wrote:
Things are heating up in a big way. The Justice Department assigned
Doug Miller to the case that has developed since Floyd made his
allegations. He will support Jeff Novitzky by obtaining search
warrants and securing cooperation agreements presumably to present to
a grand jury to bring indictments against cyclists and / or team
owners (i.e. Lance) involved in the doping underworld.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/mo...9/2010-06-09_g...

You're Welcome,
DA74

then it will take them x months and x $ of tax money to realise landis
is a lying drug cheat.
Bring it on. Be nice to see some proper evidence, or at least some
lawyers getting that new Porsche.
Old June 11th 10, 07:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fredmaster of Brainerd

On Jun 10, 9:29*pm, Henry wrote:
On Jun 11, 4:14*pm, DA74 wrote:

Things are heating up in a big way. The Justice Department assigned
Doug Miller to the case that has developed since Floyd made his
allegations. He will support Jeff Novitzky by obtaining search
warrants and securing cooperation agreements presumably to present to
a grand jury to bring indictments against cyclists and / or team
owners (i.e. Lance) involved in the doping underworld.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/mo...9/2010-06-09_g...

You're Welcome,
DA74

then it will take them x months and x $ of tax money to realise landis
is a lying drug cheat.
Bring it on. Be nice to see some proper evidence, or at least some
lawyers getting that new Porsche.

Whatever Landis may be, and it's likely to include
"self-destructive fool," discounting him as a "drug cheat"
is making yourself comfortable by the Peewee Herman
method - "LALALALA I am not listening." There's no
evidence that riders who dope are any worse human
beings or any less reliable than riders who don't. Floyd
may be unreliable, may be playing favorites in who he
accuses, and is totally unsympathetic at this point, but
he might be lying very little.

I think this federal investigation is a lame idea that will
ultimately end up buttering some investigator's bread
and probably securing either a plea deal or a conviction
for some unlucky spear-carriers - team staff, obscure
riders, maybe even some poor schmuck who was
USPS/Tailwind's bookkeeper - people who get caught up
in it and don't have enough lawyer-power to avoid
saying something to investigators that they can be
prosecuted for later. If this happens, I won't be celebrating
anti-doping victories. Honestly I think something will
probably come out that embarrasses the LANCE, but
he isn't likely to wind up breaking rocks for a living.
That is an rbr fantasy.

Fredmaster Ben
Old June 11th 10, 10:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
B. Lafferty[_3_]

On 6/11/2010 12:14 AM, DA74 wrote:
Things are heating up in a big way. The Justice Department assigned
Doug Miller to the case that has developed since Floyd made his
allegations. He will support Jeff Novitzky by obtaining search
warrants and securing cooperation agreements presumably to present to
a grand jury to bring indictments against cyclists and / or team
owners (i.e. Lance) involved in the doping underworld.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/mo...ed_by_flo.html

You're Welcome,
DA74

Time to pour a glass of Merlot, sit back and watch the show.
Old June 11th 10, 11:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
B. Lafferty[_3_]

On 6/11/2010 12:29 AM, Henry wrote:
On Jun 11, 4:14 pm, wrote:
Things are heating up in a big way. The Justice Department assigned
Doug Miller to the case that has developed since Floyd made his
allegations. He will support Jeff Novitzky by obtaining search
warrants and securing cooperation agreements presumably to present to
a grand jury to bring indictments against cyclists and / or team
owners (i.e. Lance) involved in the doping underworld.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/mo...9/2010-06-09_g...

You're Welcome,
DA74

then it will take them x months and x $ of tax money to realise landis
is a lying drug cheat.
Bring it on. Be nice to see some proper evidence, or at least some
lawyers getting that new Porsche.

Who are the "cooperating witnesses?"
On second thought, it doesn't matter. They're all
lying--Lalalalalalalalalala.............................. ..
Old June 11th 10, 11:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 21:14:50 -0700 (PDT), DA74
wrote:

Things are heating up in a big way. The Justice Department assigned
Doug Miller to the case that has developed since Floyd made his
allegations. He will support Jeff Novitzky by obtaining search
warrants and securing cooperation agreements presumably to present to
a grand jury to bring indictments against cyclists and / or team
owners (i.e. Lance) involved in the doping underworld.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/mo...ed_by_flo.html

You're Welcome,
DA74

Here is probably the most pertinent comment:

For leaking the documents, Ellerman was given a 30-month prison
sentence - the longest term in the BALCO saga - and served 16 months
behind bars before his release in January of 2009.

Other comments? Well, they got a long string of indictments. Not
convictions, indictments, which come from a process that is pretty
much controlled by the prosecutor side. Once they got in court, they
either evaporated or are kept in permanent limbo by better lawyers.

They aren't looking like the fearless forces of good and justice:
they're more like the Keystone Kops, just finding another vehicle to
fall off of.

If this is the best they could do with the hard evidence in Balco,
with the longest conviction coming from leaking grand jury documents,
then I'm guessing I may be well into my 70s and watching wheelchair
races before there is a tangible result from FL's testimony. At least
we know where all the leaks are coming from in this case from the
getgo.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old June 11th 10, 12:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
NoDannyNo

On Jun 11, 12:14*am, DA74 wrote:
Things are heating up in a big way. The Justice Department assigned
Doug Miller to the case that has developed since Floyd made his
allegations. He will support Jeff Novitzky by obtaining search
warrants and securing cooperation agreements presumably to present to
a grand jury to bring indictments against cyclists and / or team
owners (i.e. Lance) involved in the doping underworld.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/mo...9/2010-06-09_g...

You're Welcome,
DA74

The United State Government
vs.
The Empire of Lance The Unimpeachable

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I know hoo I'm bettin' my unemployment check on. Lemme get this rite:
Yer Dept. of Justiss is gonna go to war with The Empire using Fraud
Landis and a buncha other has-been bootlicking sycophants as their
foot soldiers? The DoJ has the same chance of winning that as any
rbr clown does of taking 1st in da TdF prolouge. This is not Barry
Bonds or Marion Jones we're talking about here kiddies, this is The
Empire. Someone(s) in the court of the emperor may be offered up as
cannon-fodder but The Unimpeachable One himself will not be touched.
Old June 11th 10, 03:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

On Jun 11, 4:55*am, "B. Lafferty" wrote:
On 6/11/2010 12:14 AM, DA74 wrote: Things are heating up in a big way. The Justice Department assigned
Doug Miller to the case that has developed since Floyd made his
allegations. He will support Jeff Novitzky by obtaining search
warrants and securing cooperation agreements presumably to present to
a grand jury to bring indictments against cyclists and / or team
owners (i.e. Lance) involved in the doping underworld.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/mo...9/2010-06-09_g...

You're Welcome,
DA74

Time to pour a glass of Merlot, sit back and watch the show.

How many clowns can fit into that tiny little car?
--D-y
Old June 11th 10, 04:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
yirgster

wrote:
[...]

One of the issues with Balco, as I read about it, is that the athletes
who testified truthfully were granted immunity. So it was not possible
to go after them. Iirc one sprinter whom it was said (leaked?) had
confessed in his testimony as soon as he went outside immediately
proclaimed his innocence of any PED use.

I think Marion Jones testifed and lied and then was caught so she was
prosecuted. It was for similar reason they went after Bonds who, imo,
obviously lied. Note that Jones had sued Victor Conti, head of Balco,
for saying that she used PED's and they settled out of court even
though it was true. At least, that's what I've read.

If I'm wrong about this (that athletes were granted immunity if they
testified truthfully) or anything else above, please let me know,
although I'm pretty sure this request is unnecessary since it's bound
to occur if I got something wrong. But in any case, I'd like to know
what's what hopefully based on knowledge.

Old June 11th 10, 04:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ben Trovato

On Jun 10, 9:14*pm, DA74 wrote:
Things are heating up in a big way. The Justice Department assigned
Doug Miller to the case that has developed since Floyd made his
allegations. He will support Jeff Novitzky by obtaining search
warrants and securing cooperation agreements presumably to present to
a grand jury to bring indictments against cyclists and / or team
owners (i.e. Lance) involved in the doping underworld.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/mo...9/2010-06-09_g...

You're Welcome,
DA74

"According to several people familiar with the situation, the
government's investigation is still in its early stages. Landis has
met with Novitzky and spoken with the agent by telephone."

I'll bet these "several people" in fact number 2, the same 2 who
chatted anonymously to an NYT reporter a couple of weeks ago, whose
names bear the initials JN and BM.