"Tar" for trials tires??

Old June 8th 05, 04:44 AM
forrestunifreak

Default "Tar" for trials tires??

Whats 'this' (http://tinyurl.com/czoxe) all about? Tar to put on your
tire for trials......makes the tire grip more maybe? Anybody ever heard
of/ tried this?

--
forrestunifreak - Why change this thing, anyway?

"You do not make the unicycle-the unicycle makes you."

~Y.C. tv

'torkerusa.com' (http://torkerusa.com)

Old June 8th 05, 04:50 AM
ColDawG

It's for the rims
i suppose its so your brakes grip better, that would make sense

--
ColDawG - Your friendly, neighborhood MuniMan

Looking for MUni buddies!
ColDawG's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9503

Old June 8th 05, 04:51 AM
Catboy

ColDawG wrote:
*It's for the rims
i suppose its so your brakes grip better, that would make sense *

That does make sense, and the TAR, would act as a rosin and make the
brakes be more responsive.

--
Catboy - I enjoy the taste of dirt!!!

'I have the amazing power to talk to cats! =^.^='
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Catboy)

Old June 8th 05, 05:04 AM
forrestunifreak

Oh haha I wondered.......

That makes more sense.

Old June 8th 05, 11:51 PM
TheObieOne3226

Useless in wet conditions. Makes your brakes no work.

--
TheObieOne3226 - Hello!

'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)
'Arrow Racing' (http://www.arrowracing.com/)
'Sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

\"obie is definately a trend setter, i got in to unicycling because of
him, and came here because of him\" - kj-52

\"try not to annoy the great obie, for he is better than us.\" - murde
mental

*disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if you
are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i don't
feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where not
everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.*

Old June 9th 05, 12:44 AM
Checkernuts

You can always just use Coke, it makes your brakes alot more responcive
but washes off in wet conditions, this also means you need to re apply
it all the time though...

--
Checkernuts - Breakdancer Extraordinar

No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
to do it right. H20

Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801

Old June 9th 05, 12:47 AM
heavy metal unicycling

Checkernuts wrote:
*You can always just use Coke, it makes your brakes alot more
responcive but washes off in wet conditions, this also means you need
to re apply it all the time though... *

Thats brilliant! Probabley alot cheaper too.

--
heavy metal unicycling - Loveland Unicycling Club

People who throw stones at you are quietly saying, "shoot me," they're
just not being verbally expressive enough.
-harper
heavy metal unicycling's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9857

Old June 9th 05, 01:48 AM
halfbike

HAHA. Now your bike with slowly corrode.

--
halfbike - Obsessed Rider

We should make a law against gravity!
halfbike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9428

Durable 23c or 25c Road Tires - Recommendations? Colin Campbell General 2 August 17th 05 02:57 PM
Modern tires with colors other than black, Bad? Techniques 4 May 9th 05 05:48 PM
WIDE 27" road/touring tires? Pizza Man Techniques 12 October 1st 04 07:04 PM
"Carbon" tires psycholist Techniques 34 January 28th 04 07:45 AM
Studded tires R Christensen General 2 January 27th 04 04:40 PM