State Capitol to Am River Pky Route Needed

Old February 23rd 08, 08:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Martin Krieg[_2_]

Default State Capitol to Am River Pky Route Needed

Reno Wheelmen past Prez Mike Damon just plotted the Folsom to Reno
route he has been doing for us for the last two years to the new maps
we are running at our site =
http://www.bikeroute.com/BRdC/routeV...hp?routeid=116

And this year we will be leaving from the California State Capitol for
our ride to our receptions with the Rancho Cordova and Folsom Mayors. We
will be riding the American River Parkway to get there. So that we can
plot the route from the Capitol to the Jedediah Smith Rec Trail, is
there any one here who can reply with a cue sheet for what what streets
we need to use to connect the Capitol with the River Trail?

THX in advance!!

btw: Our 6th Annual National Mayors' Ride ride is at
http://www.BikeRoute.com/NationalMayorsRide2008

Perfect love drives out fear - John 4:18

Martin Krieg "Awake Again" Author
2009 w/"How America Can Bike & Grow Rich"
http://www.bikeroute.com/HBGR
'79 & '86 TransAmerica Bike Rides
Coma, Paralysis, Clinical Death Survivor
NBG Founding Director, HiWheel Cyclist
Old February 27th 08, 12:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Rex Kerr

Unfortunately there's no easy way to the path from the capitol building.
I don't ride out there very often, but my guess is that it's probably
easiest to ride out toward 'Old Sacramento' first, which is a mile or
two west of the capitol. The bike path is north of the river so you
either have to cross on Highway 5 (a 65+ mph freeway, legal, but not
suggested), or just west of the freeway there's a bridge that is no
longer open to through traffic (just bikes and cars entering the park)
in Discovery Park. At the north end of this bridge is where the bike
path starts. Head eastbound on that path and you'll eventually (~30
miles) end up in Folsom. It's very flat, except for the last few miles
into Folsom where there are a few hundred feet of climbing. If you have
more specific questions feel free to e-mail me and I'll try to figure it
out.

-Rex