Bamboo bike

Old April 29th 05, 01:11 PM
Robert Chung

Default Bamboo bike

http://www.bme.szm.sk/bambooframe.htm

Old April 29th 05, 01:27 PM
X_HOBBES

"Robert Chung" wrote in message
http://www.bme.szm.sk/bambooframe.htm

WOW!!! That's a serious work of art! I do a bit of woodworking on the side
and can appreciate the delicate attention that must have gone into creating
something like that. VERY nice!

Kind of makes me wonder though... with 15 years stranded on an island, why
didn't Gilligan come up with something like this? *Hehehe*

X_HOBBES

Old April 29th 05, 03:54 PM
bfd

"X_HOBBES" wrote in message
"Robert Chung" wrote in message
http://www.bme.szm.sk/bambooframe.htm

WOW!!! That's a serious work of art! I do a bit of woodworking on the
side
and can appreciate the delicate attention that must have gone into
creating
something like that. VERY nice!

Not a bad copy of the original:

http://www.bikefanclub.com/gallery/s...t=506&pa ge=1

Old April 29th 05, 04:18 PM
Bill Sornson

X_HOBBES wrote:
"Robert Chung" wrote in message
http://www.bme.szm.sk/bambooframe.htm

WOW!!! That's a serious work of art! I do a bit of woodworking on
the side and can appreciate the delicate attention that must have
gone into creating something like that. VERY nice!

Kind of makes me wonder though... with 15 years stranded on an
island, why didn't Gilligan come up with something like this?

Two words: Mary Ann.

Old April 29th 05, 05:04 PM
Leo Lichtman

Great to look at. How does it ride? How do weight and stiffness compare to
other materials?

Old April 29th 05, 05:18 PM
Jim Smith

"Leo Lichtman" writes:

Great to look at. How does it ride? How do weight and stiffness compare to
other materials?

I suspect it has a firm yet supple ride. Looks nice too.
Old April 29th 05, 06:35 PM
david

I WANT ONE.
;-)

Old April 29th 05, 07:11 PM
Leo Lichtman

What a neat way that would be to make a trailer!

Old April 29th 05, 08:01 PM
dgk

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 11:18:37 -0500, Jim Smith
wrote:

"Leo Lichtman" writes:

Great to look at. How does it ride? How do weight and stiffness compare to
other materials?

I suspect it has a firm yet supple ride. Looks nice too.

Just don't ride it near any pandas.
Old April 29th 05, 08:09 PM
Graham Steer

Cane frames are seriously retro my grand father and father both track raced
on cane framed bikes. Unfortunately none of them have survived. All except
my father that is who is 97.

"Robert Chung" wrote in message
http://www.bme.szm.sk/bambooframe.htm

Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price Rides 0 June 1st 04 04:53 AM
Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price General 0 June 1st 04 04:52 AM
Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price Recumbent Biking 0 June 1st 04 04:49 AM
Street Bike Devlin UK 44 March 17th 04 10:28 AM
aus.bicycle FAQ (Monthly(ish) Posting) kingsley Australia 3 February 24th 04 08:44 PM