The death of rim brakes?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 14th 19, 11:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Default The death of rim brakes?

On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 17:13:37 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 3/14/2019 4:39 PM, James wrote:
On 14/3/19 3:54 pm, John B. Slocomb wrote:

I read something to that effect the other day. Some sort of
environmentalist site I think. I wonder what the tree huggers do when
a cougar eats their pet dog :-)

I think that is acceptable because ... nature.

I'm not against environmental issues at all, just those who propose
some "solution" without any thought at all. People that protest fox
hunting while eating a McDonalds hamburger, for instance :-)

There was something similar I read a little while back, about a
Queensland politician who was photographed next to a pile of dead feral
pigs.* Apparently it is an annual event, to go shoot a heap of feral
pigs, where he is from.* Some city greens got all up tight about it and
proposed that the pigs should be rounded up and sent to a pasture of
their own somewhere.* I think they were being serious.* Made it all the
more laughable.

Around here it's the extreme White Tailed Deer population. They are
harming many other species in the forests by eating the entire understory.

There are people who want to give them contraceptives instead of
shooting them.

I read somewhere that the population of white tailed deer in New
Hampshire is actually higher today than it was in the late 1600's when
the Pale Faces arrived.

As for the use of contraceptives, think of the mental anguish of the
poor female deer who cannot conceive.

--
Cheers,
John B.