Interesting web site about heavily customised bikes

Old September 4th 03, 02:38 AM
Deep Flayed Mares

Default Interesting web site about heavily customised bikes

David S. Maddison wrote in
message ...

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003, Deep Flayed Mares wrote:

David S. Maddison wrote in
message ...

http://mywilson.homestead.com/gallery0.html

Thanks David for the link. It inspired me to get a bit creative. Here's

my
latest project. Only about 2 days in the making thus far. I plan to

paint it
in the colours of a twisties packet.

http://www.geocities.com/deepfloydmars/CrazyBike.htm

Cool!

David

Added another pic too.

We have another dragster in the pipeline too. It's over 4 metres long, and
there is a bottle of bourbon which says it wont survive the next critical
mass!
---
DFM

Old September 4th 03, 04:36 AM
hippy

"Deep Flayed Mares" wrote in
message news:CQw5b.2315
We have another dragster in the pipeline too. It's over 4 metres long,

and
there is a bottle of bourbon which says it wont survive the next

critical
mass!

Wow! That thing still in one piece?
I'd never trust _my_ welding to hold me up there! :-)
It actually looks like one of my childhood bikes...
the original purple frame bit, that is.

Is that your house with all those old bike frames?
Wherever it is, it's awesome!
I wanna buy a welder (pity skill is not for sale) and
scour local garage sales for frames.. I want one of
those lowrider, stretched cruisers though...

mmm custom...
hippy

Old September 4th 03, 04:36 AM
hippy

"Deep Flayed Mares" wrote in
message news:CQw5b.2315

Old September 4th 03, 06:10 AM
cfsmtb

hmmm, try a bet a pint of Goat Surefoot Stout.

Should really pull the digit out & document my Fleet of silly bikes.
Furry Frank, a combination of fur, pompoms & dragster frame that _just
made it down the street during several Fringe parades. should fix the
3-speed hub ditt-o Classic Frank, the Rhinestone Bejewelled Wonder of
Northcote Tip. Gotta go, I'm getting all misty-eyed.

--
it's all a creeping beige conspiracy

Old September 4th 03, 01:03 PM
Deep Flayed Mares

hippy wrote in message
"Deep Flayed Mares" wrote in
message news:CQw5b.2315
We have another dragster in the pipeline too. It's over 4 metres long,

and
there is a bottle of bourbon which says it wont survive the next

critical
mass!

Wow! That thing still in one piece?

Yep! Rode it home tonight (about 5 k's). Everywhere I go I get astonished
looks and heaps of people giving me the thumbs up and laughing and stuff!
It's actually quite a pleasure to ride, but getting on and off is tricky!

I'd never trust _my_ welding to hold me up there! :-)

I designed it so that the vast majority of the riders weight is over the
back wheel. It's all brazed together, and reinforced at every weld. Also put
a stermy-archer 3 speed (with back pedal brakes) on the back wheel. If the
chain breaks, I am completely screwed. I am not prepared to put any form of
brake on the front wheel considering it is about 3cm in diameter.

It actually looks like one of my childhood bikes...
the original purple frame bit, that is.

Ummm... well it probably is kinda like that. I did actually chop up a kids
dragster to make it!

Is that your house with all those old bike frames?
Wherever it is, it's awesome!

No, it's at Ceres in Brunswick. WAAAAAAY too many bikes at the moment. If
anyone wants a cheap bike, they have plenty.

I wanna buy a welder (pity skill is not for sale) and
scour local garage sales for frames.. I want one of
those lowrider, stretched cruisers though...

We'll see what the next one looks like. Might be just what you're after!
---
DFM

Old September 4th 03, 01:03 PM
Deep Flayed Mares

hippy wrote in message
"Deep Flayed Mares" wrote in
message news:CQw5b.2315

Old September 4th 03, 02:32 PM
hippy

"Deep Flayed Mares" wrote in
message news:g%F5b.2334
a stermy-archer 3 speed (with back pedal brakes) on the back wheel. If the
chain breaks, I am completely screwed. I am not prepared to put any form

of
brake on the front wheel considering it is about 3cm in diameter.

Rim brake on the rear wheel? Still pretty dodgy but avoids
the chain snap scenario.

No, it's at Ceres in Brunswick. WAAAAAAY too many bikes at the moment. If
anyone wants a cheap bike, they have plenty.

Who's Sarah?
uh i mean what's Ceres? :-)

I wanna buy a welder (pity skill is not for sale) and
scour local garage sales for frames.. I want one of
those lowrider, stretched cruisers though...

We'll see what the next one looks like. Might be just what you're after!

I've been scanning tonnes of "Kustom" sites and things like Rat Patrol
and "choppercabras" and I want something like this:
http://mywilson.homestead.com/gallery104.html or
http://www.geocities.com/choppercabrasbc/namebk.html

I can't find the coolest one because the bikerod&kustom site is down.
Who do you build the bikes for? Can you be commissioned? :-)

Anyway, I was going to go to bed early tonight.. so much for that!

hippy

Old September 4th 03, 02:32 PM
hippy

"Deep Flayed Mares" wrote in
message news:g%F5b.2334

Old September 5th 03, 12:40 PM
Rob

"hippy" wrote in message
snipped

mmm custom...
hippy

Of course sometime it just goes too far...

http://www.lowriderbike.com/bike_features/

Rob (tossing up between Drag-N Gold & Spawn as my fave)

Ghost Bikes Garrison Hilliard General 0 June 12th 04 06:31 PM
Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price General 0 June 1st 04 04:52 AM
Mutant Road Bikes Dave Mayer General 29 March 12th 04 06:48 AM
so many bike types - which is which? tsp General 11 October 15th 03 10:02 PM
First road bike: braking? Alan Hoyle General 47 September 28th 03 11:40 PM