FS: Road bike/parts

Old September 6th 03, 06:05 AM
Tim Jones

Default FS: Road bike/parts

Hello all,

With the purchase of my new bike, I am looking at either selling my road
bike for parts or doing the minimal work required to get it going again.

If anyone wants to make an offer (I am not expecting big dollars), send an
email to .

You can see a picture of the bike at:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~catwoman/public_html

The bike includes:

* Wheerler 2100 large frame

* Two very good custom wheels build for ruggedness - true

* Nearly new good quality road tyres - Continental duraskin kevlar
belted - done less than 200k on them

* Shimano RSX componentry, working well

The problems:

* bottom bracket is stuffed

* brakes and gears are not connected - the bike had a repair cancelled

* pedals are on their way out

* STI levers are on their way out

Cheers,

Tim

Old September 6th 03, 12:20 PM
hippy

Default Road bike/parts

"Tim Jones" wrote in message
With the purchase of my new bike, I am looking at either selling my road
bike for parts or doing the minimal work required to get it going again.

You could work on it yourself and use second hand
or really cheap parts to bring it back to a reliable
state.
Left as it is - it could come in handy for riding to
the shops or doing other stuff near home where
breakdowns aren't an issue.

New BB would have to be less $50, pedals are
almost a give-away at garage sales. Only real
issue could be the STI levers. If they really are
stuffed it'd be expensive to swap - as we've
discussed previously. Maybe someone has
some barcons that could be installed cheap?
Or you could run it as a singlespeed? :-)

Enjoy the new ride! It looks damn nice!
hippy

Old September 7th 03, 04:00 AM
Andrew Swan

hippy wrote:
"Tim Jones" wrote in message

With the purchase of my new bike, I am looking at either selling my road
bike for parts or doing the minimal work required to get it going again.

You could work on it yourself and use second hand
or really cheap parts to bring it back to a reliable
state.
Left as it is - it could come in handy for riding to
the shops or doing other stuff near home where
breakdowns aren't an issue.

snip
hippy

Go on hippy - you know you need another bike!

&roo

Old September 7th 03, 04:46 AM
hippy

"Andrew Swan" wrote in message

Go on hippy - you know you need another bike!

Hmm, It would make 8 and a frame...
Double figures not that far away...

Nah! Not until I sell my old fridge - anyone want
to buy a beer, I mean, Gatorade fridge?

It'd have to be something different.. maybe a cruiser
or a recumbent.. I couldn't justify another 'normal'
bike - there's no room at home as it is!

hippy
- left home today in only nicks & jersey thinking "ooh warm, nice"
....returned home thinking "never leaving home with only one layer
and no arm/leg/toe warmers on!" Dodgy Melbourne weather!!!