Any tips for finding a used bike in Melbourne?

Old September 8th 03, 12:55 AM
Deep Flayed Mares

Default Any tips for finding a used bike in Melbourne?

Homer30 wrote in message
Hello to all cycling friends,

I'm looking for a used bike (MTB preferred) in Melbourne. Perhaps I
should mention, that I'm a german student, who will work in Melbourne
for half a year, so if you know any good addresses of shops or could
give me some hints for local newspapers or magazines which offer ads for
used bikes or something like that, you would help me a lot.

I know I will miss my bike here at home as soon as I lift up from the
ground next week to fly to Australia and I can't imagine not doing my
daily ride for half a year.

Email me, and I can get you a bike much cheaper than anything you can buy
out of the trading post. $30-$40 will get you a bike that will last you 6
months, no probs!
---
DFM

Old September 8th 03, 08:53 AM
Homer30

Deep Flayed Mar wrote:
Email me, and I can get you a bike much cheaper than anything you can
buy out of the trading post. $30-$40 will get you a bike that will last
you 6 months, no probs!
---
DFM

Thanks for your offer, could you plz give me your e-mail address that I
can contact you when I'm in Melbourne.

cheers,

Homer30

Old September 8th 03, 10:11 AM
Andrew Swan

Homer30 wrote:
Hello to all cycling friends,

I'm looking for a used bike (MTB preferred) in Melbourne. snip

There's usually something on EBay (hell, you could start bidding now!)

http://listings.ebay.com.au/pool1/pl...x.html?from=R4

&roo

P.S. Welcome to Oz (when you get here), but watch out for magpies - they
are breeding about now! :-)

Old September 8th 03, 01:43 PM
Deep Flayed Mares

Homer30 wrote in message
Deep Flayed Mar wrote:
Email me, and I can get you a bike much cheaper than anything you can
buy out of the trading post. $30-$40 will get you a bike that will

last
you 6 months, no probs!
---
DFM

Thanks for your offer, could you plz give me your e-mail address that I
can contact you when I'm in Melbourne.

Sure, its deep floyd mars at yahoo dot co dot uk.
---
DFM

Old September 8th 03, 04:47 PM
DRS

Homer30 wrote in message

Thank you for the link, I will stay somewhere in St.Kilda or Elwood,
haven't arranged an accomodation yet, but for the first week I will
stay in an hostel (Enfield in St Kilda).

Do *not* let your bike out of your sight in St Kilda.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old September 9th 03, 02:52 AM
troyq

Homer30 wrote:
Hello to all cycling friends,
I'm looking for a used bike (MTB preferred) in Melbourne. Perhaps I
should mention, that I'm a german student, who will work in Melbourne
for half a year, so if you know any good addresses of shops or could
give me some hints for local newspapers or magazines which offer ads for
used bikes or something like that, you would help me a lot.
I know I will miss my bike here at home as soon as I lift up from the
ground next week to fly to Australia and I can't imagine not doing my
daily ride for half a year.
Thanks to all in advance.
Homer30

You can also put a request on the websites with some of the mtb clubs
around Melbourne such as:

Geelong Mtb club (www.gmbc.com.au) Fat Tyre Flyers (www.ftf.com.au)

Just specify how much you would be willing to spend and someone might be
able to help you out.

Cheers, Troy