recovery day one for me hip pinning

Old December 13th 15, 05:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]

Default recovery day one for me hip pinning

On Sat, 12 Dec 2015 12:49:21 -0600, "mark cleary"
wrote:

So after basically nights of hell laying around my back hurting like hell up
in the middle. Cannot find a confortable position to sleep sitting up and
standing is way easier on the back than laying in the bed in any position. I
felt better and decide to just climb on the trainer just to test. I can
pedal find sitting straight up but reaching toward the tops causes pain in
the front one spot of the hip, just going back up makes pedaling painless. I
did 36 minutes cadence was 85-92 in the 53-19 then dropped to 53-17 for
maybe the last 10 minutes. No real issues at all but probably over did it
this catheter makes riding a pain. Slight blood in the output so stopped.
The pinning was Tuesday so hope I do not catch hell for this or it was
stupid but the hip itself is find. Just sitting here the back starting ache
after.

Deacon Mark Cleary.
Epiphany Roman Catholic Church

Try sleeping in a reclining chair. I wrenched my back a while back and
lying in bed was painful, no matter what the position, so slept in a
reclining chair until it got better.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old December 13th 15, 12:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

RESEARCH shows excessive typing leads to permanent hip damage during fracture healing.

Exacerbaiting the initial mental malfunctions thru the entire nervous system, again.
Old December 13th 15, 02:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 12/12/2015 5:56 PM, wrote:
read

books by mail from Barns n Nobull

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=bk...ip+sur gery&=

draw ? you draw ? learn to draw

something you wanted to learn but no time

how to walk maybe ? see Backpacker

you're bored with the internet ? see EXRX.COM

INCRYABLE eeees bored.

dullard

your exercise program should be confined to wiggling the toes for circulation.

no pain killers ? lay in a supply of oxy contin

learn to make hats...very lucrative...

you therefor the long hawl might as well be useful life wise

'learn to draw' as in making spokes from stainless wire?

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old December 13th 15, 04:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 12/12/2015 7:32 PM, Joe Riel wrote:
Frank Krygowski writes:

On 12/12/2015 2:56 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Saturday, December 12, 2015 at 10:49:30 AM UTC-8, mark cleary wrote:
[...]

Yes, that was stupid. You need to let the stitches heal at least --
and the bones and muscle. Don't do anything unless cleared by your
ortho. Your pinning is less invasive than a hemi/total hip, but I'm
sure the ortho gave you restrictions on movement, including a
prohibition on hip flexion. When they dislocate the hip to do
surgery (maybe not necessary for you) it beats up the muscles and
tendons, and those have to heal for a while -- or else you can get
spontaneous dislocation. Three days post surgery is way too soon to
be on a trainer just from a skin wound standpoint. I'm no doctor and
will stand corrected if your ortho says otherwise.

Regarding the muscles and tendons: My wife was given strict
limitations on certain types of motion for the duration of her
healing, and there are other (mostly twisting) motions that she's
supposed to avoid for the rest of her life.

Any idea why she has to avoid twisting? Does it induce more
wear on the replacement joint?

As Jay said, it was supposedly to prevent dislocation. IIRC.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old December 13th 15, 04:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 12/13/2015 9:52 AM, AMuzi wrote:
On 12/12/2015 5:56 PM, wrote:
read

books by mail from Barns n Nobull

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=bk...ip+sur gery&=

draw ? you draw ? learn to draw

something you wanted to learn but no time

how to walk maybe ? see Backpacker

you're bored with the internet ? see EXRX.COM

INCRYABLE eeees bored.

dullard

your exercise program should be confined to wiggling the toes for
circulation.

no pain killers ? lay in a supply of oxy contin

learn to make hats...very lucrative...

you therefor the long hawl might as well be useful life wise

'learn to draw' as in making spokes from stainless wire?

Sure! Artisanal spokes! That market's wide open!

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old December 13th 15, 04:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 12/12/2015 8:09 PM, Tim McNamara wrote:
On Sat, 12 Dec 2015 14:24:54 -0600, mark cleary
wrote:
Jay I know you are not a dr but I appreciate your response you can
tell I am bored as hell sitting here all day.

Time to get that D'Angelico out! :-D

.... Or maybe a new instrument of some kind. I recently bought a flute
because, as a retired guy, my life has too little frustration.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Recovery Bill UK 17 July 2nd 09 10:30 PM
Hip-replacement recovery? Mike Jacoubowsky Racing 26 February 14th 08 01:52 AM
recovery Zebee Johnstone Australia 12 March 22nd 07 07:28 PM
Recovery drinks Rick Roof Racing 20 September 18th 04 01:34 AM
Recovery Rides Simonb UK 11 July 20th 04 03:34 PM